It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Authentic picture of ghost girl, taken by a friend (in my presence)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler
Have I missed something here? We need an explanation of precisely what was done to produce the right hand image from the left hand one. If you explained it, I missed it. It's obvious the final picture is a composite showing before and after. How was that done? The EXIF data is missing.

I see you spending a lot of time aggressively defending your picture here to the detriment of directly addressing the legitimate questions being raised. Please tell us specifically and in detail how you derived the right hand picture from the left. What program did you use? What filters did you apply? How did you apply them? Thank you.
edit on 6/24/2011 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

I used Gimp to enhance the second photo. I don't recall the exact steps, I believe I just increased the exposure and increased the saturation.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by KEMIK
reply to post by DeviantMoon

Interesting observation. What's the possibility of the fog taking it's time making it through the vehicle from beneath and released from the wheel well during the investigation/time of photo? I believe the reflection on the red object possibly caused the difference in colors when enhanced. Just IMO.

Sounds like a legitimate possibility if the fact that a person was seen is excluded.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by pplrnuts
Come on people.
ITS FREAKIN' EXHAUST!!

When will people here get sick of getting the wool pulled over their eyes!!

Look, I'm not at all sold on this, but we're looking at the front of the truck, not the rear. You can see the rear view mirrors and also the orange lens just to the outside of the headlight. So if you insist it is the exhaust, then it has to travel from the rear of the bed up to the front of the truck, which on my truck is 18 feet (I just measured it.) Fair is fair and to say for sure this is exhaust doesn't make any sense no matter how many smilies you use.

OP, thanks for answering my query on what you did. I'm sorry, but your explanation is way too vague. We need to be able to duplicate exactly what you did so you need to give us sufficient information to allow that to happen. Why not post just the before pic, the exact camera (There are two dozen Coolpix cameras. They change models every few months. I've got one myself, a 5700, that doesn;t look at all like your examplke.), teh exact program you used for your dsaturation. What is it. Where did you get it. etc.
edit on 6/26/2011 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by schuyler

Originally posted by pplrnuts
Come on people.
ITS FREAKIN' EXHAUST!!

When will people here get sick of getting the wool pulled over their eyes!!

Look, I'm not at all sold on this, but we're looking at the front of the truck, not the rear. You can see the rear view mirrors and also the orange lens just to the outside of the headlight. So if you insist it is the exhaust, then it has to travel from the rear of the bed up to the front of the truck, which on my truck is 18 feet (I just measured it.) Fair is fair and to say for sure this is exhaust doesn't make any sense no matter how many smilies you use.

OP, thanks for answering my query on what you did. I'm sorry, but your explanation is way too vague. We need to be able to duplicate exactly what you did so you need to give us sufficient information to allow that to happen. Why not post just the before pic, the exact camera (There are two dozen Coolpix cameras. They change models every few months. I've got one myself, a 5700, that doesn;t look at all like your examplke.), teh exact program you used for your dsaturation. What is it. Where did you get it. etc.
edit on 6/26/2011 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

I did a bit more research. The camera was a Nikon Coolpix, S220.

I used Gimp 2.6 to enhance the photo (aka, the photo on the right).

In regards to the process as to how I got the second picture, as I said, I don't recall exactly. I do recall upping the exposure (don't recall how much), and then enhancing the saturation of the photo. Once again, I don't know the specifics. I've had the two versions of each picture for about 8 months, so you can imagine how one could forget.

I'll provide as much information as I can remember.

edit on 26-6-2011 by DeviantMoon because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-6-2011 by DeviantMoon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by DeviantMoon

For future reference, when using GIMP you can save any saturation or enhancement/filtering effects that you use. If you plan on continuing to take these pictures and look for ghosties, you would be able to enhance images with some consistency this way. It seems without a method one would only be applying various effects until they achieved the result they were looking for.

Also, just because the exhaust is intended to exit the vehicle's engine from the rear doesn't mean it does. This is allegedly a broken down truck, it's not beyond reason to speculate that the catalytic converter could have a hole, or the flex pipe, or the manifold..Or that the truck had recently been shut down and heat was escaping off the hot engine. I know DeviantMoon says it wasn't running at the time, but I'm still skeptical based on the cleanliness of the truck. Some in this thread have said only rednecks wouldn't clean their broken down truck, and I maintain that anyone who is anal enough to clean their crippled truck would also rake their lawn. This isn't an attack, just a speculative observation based on the only photo evidence we see.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
SWAMP GAS.

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Silend
SWAMP GAS.

The OP lives in Central California. I thought it was swamp gas as well, but I private messaged him, asking where he lived. The likelihood of swamp gas existing not only in the location he resides, but at that time of year in which the picture was taken, would be incredibly rare, if not nearly impossible.
edit on 27-6-2011 by Phasma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
As an investigator myself, I sorted out several conventional explanations very quickly. If the car had been run recently it could have been oil burning, slight break in the head gasket with water vaporizing, slight radiator leak, moisture on the hot motor turning to steam, animal urinated on the warm motor water vapor takes up 1700 times more space than the liquid, so it wouldn't take much. Could be fog or steam from the sewer... Some other gas... But it's coming from under the car, so I would tend to put those explanations at the top of the list.

Does the car start? When was the last time it was driven? When was the last time the engine was running? What's wrong with the vehicle?
edit on 27-6-2011 by DrJay1975 because: (no reason given)

Lastly, it looks like you started a vehicle with engine problems for a bit to make sure the battery didn't die, you know to let the alternator charge it up. It looks like it was left running for a bit and turned off. Sometime after some type of moisture leaked out and vaporized...

posted on Jun, 27 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrJay1975
As an investigator myself, I sorted out several conventional explanations very quickly. If the car had been run recently it could have been oil burning, slight break in the head gasket with water vaporizing, slight radiator leak, moisture on the hot motor turning to steam, animal urinated on the warm motor water vapor takes up 1700 times more space than the liquid, so it wouldn't take much. Could be fog or steam from the sewer... Some other gas... But it's coming from under the car, so I would tend to put those explanations at the top of the list.

Does the car start? When was the last time it was driven? When was the last time the engine was running? What's wrong with the vehicle?

Lastly, it looks like you started a vehicle with engine problems for a bit to make sure the battery didn't die, you know to let the alternator charge it up. It looks like it was left running for a bit and turned off. Sometime after some type of moisture leaked out and vaporized...

At the time the picture was taken, the car hadn't been started approximately 3 months prior. It was driven about 3 months prior. I don't know the specifics as to why the car wouldn't start, it was an engine problem, however. Engine ran three months prior.

Me and my friend were there when the picture was taken. There was no visible steam at the time. There was a figure however (as stated, a figure of a child). It is possible that there was a leak of some sort, however if there was, neither of us saw it.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
If it were an absolute that the car hadn't been run in months(which it may be to you but not to us) then the most likely scenario would be ground moisture and the cold air creating the mist. Just because you didn't see it doesn't mean it wasn't there, it simply could have been missed. It's just hard to make a determination when it looks that much like a natural occurrence.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:43 AM
link   
The edited version is an exercise in creative imagination sorry. Look - I could take any passing cloud, colour it up slightly, add a little emphasis here and there and voila - it could be anything from a space alien, to a garden bettle to the guy next door.

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
This is surely :

A) Steam billowing out of the sides of both fenders and probably the hood ( We can only see one half of the car).... because of some type of coolant system problem. Maybe a busted hose, radiator cap popped off, etc.. If anyone has ever had a problem with their car overheating then you know it does this and looks EXACTLY like the pic posted.

B) Brakes smoking because some type of problem

You also said the car had just broke down, which also goes with either of my theories. Im going with the car overheated and caused steam to billow out both front fenders and probably the hood.

Just looking at the pic and thinking ghost is very funny!!

Sorry man I call --> You tried to pull a fast one !

edit on 28-6-2011 by waggz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 28 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Just out of curiosity... is this the one and only pic that you took that night?

Have any pics of the vehicle that were taken at the same time... of anything other than this one fender?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join