It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Authentic picture of ghost girl, taken by a friend (in my presence)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by CastleMadeOfSand
OP,
Can you remember what the temperature was that night?

Also, what was the temp. during the daytime on the same day?

The reason I ask is because it's possible that the engine block was warmed by the sun during the day, then at night when the temp. dropped it could possibly create it's own fog. Just like when you see your own breath in cold weather.

However, if the temperatures were not as I described above, then you can disregard my theory. Just giving you a possibility that hasn't been brought up.

Thanks for posting this anyways. It's interesting none-the-less

In November, it can get very cold. Generally in the day it's anywhere from 40-60 (just an estimation based off of memory). At night it can get as low as the 20's. It is also very rainy around that time of year, so it wouldn't be a stretch to say that there was cloud cover around the time it was taken. Fog doesn't hit us until late December, and fades around February - March.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeviantMoon

So, by your logic, because the car isn't in completely horrid shape, that makes me a hoaxster. Niice.

The car was actually broken down around the time I took the picture. The outside was maintained and washed from time to time. Not to mention November is the height of the rainy season where I live.

By your logic, cleaning a car = it's automatically exhaust, thus not anything paranormal.

Thanks for your opinion.
edit on 21-6-2011 by DeviantMoon because: (no reason given)

No, I wasn't stating that the car was in good or bad shape, just that it was clean. Who cleans their beater car parked in the back yard? I'm sorry I just don't buy it.

Can you upload the original full-sized image? It seems that a good portion of the right side of the picture is missing. Again, the back yard is full of leaves...You mentioned it's rainy season.. Rain + wind + leaves = leaves stuck on your beater car parked in the back yard.

Also, you didn't answer my question about filters.. Can you please address this?
edit on 21-6-2011 by Backslider because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DeviantMoon

Gotcha, Thanks.

The area I live in during November gets cold, but if it has rained very recently the temp will rise by several degrees. The lingering humidity plus the fact that the ground retains heat from the day will usually cause fog to rise from the ground in lower altitude areas.

The only reason I'm bringing this up is because in the pics you provided, the "fog" appears to be coming from the wheel well. But hey, that's just my opinion

edit on 6/21/2011 by CastleMadeOfSand because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Backslider

Originally posted by DeviantMoon

So, by your logic, because the car isn't in completely horrid shape, that makes me a hoaxster. Niice.

The car was actually broken down around the time I took the picture. The outside was maintained and washed from time to time. Not to mention November is the height of the rainy season where I live.

By your logic, cleaning a car = it's automatically exhaust, thus not anything paranormal.

Thanks for your opinion.

No, I wasn't stating that the car was in good or bad shape, just that it was clean. Who cleans their beater car parked in the back yard? I'm sorry I just don't buy it.

Can you upload the original full-sized image? It seems that a good portion of the right side of the picture is missing. Again, the back yard is full of leaves...You mentioned it's rainy season.. Rain + wind + leaves = leaves stuck on your beater car parked in the back yard.

This is laughable.

That is the full-sized image. It's not missing. It's a picture. Care to over-analyze that as well?

Gotcha, Thanks.

The area I live in during November gets cold, but if it has rained very recently the temp will rise by several degrees. The lingering humidity plus the fact that the ground retains heat from the day will usually cause fog to rise from the ground in lower altitude areas.

The only reason I'm bringing this up is because in the pics you provided, the "fog" appears to be coming from the wheel well. But hey, that's just my opinion

edit on 6/21/2011 by CastleMadeOfSand because: (no reason given)

This is probably the best theory, if I had to pick one, other than it being paranormal.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

....and it is JUST a theory.

I have had personal experiences that I still cannot explain. So my mind is wide open to accepting paranormal phenomena such as this.

Have you done any historical research about the property you live on? You may find corroborating evidence if any exists.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
I'm not over analyzing anything, just pointing out some perfectly valid holes in your story.

Why are you avoiding my question about image filtering? I will most definitely take an picture of some car exhaust tonight and send you the image if you'd be willing to apply the same filters and post the image. I bet with enough images we can capture dinosaurs, leprechauns, santa clause, ghosts, the easter bunny, elvis, etc.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I have had personal experiences that I still cannot explain. So my mind is wide open to accepting paranormal phenomena such as this.

Have you done any historical research about the property you live on? You may find corroborating evidence if any exists.

I've done a bit of research, there just hasn't been a whole lot of information that we've been able to find. We live on a ranch, it's approximately 50-60 years old. There was believed to be Indians that lived in the area where the home is built. Also, what I found interesting, was that a part of the house I currently live in, was once used as a pre-school. I doubt there's a connection, but ... you never know!

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

I've experienced things that cannot be explained too. Like an object flying across a table and onto the floor when the nearest person to that object was on the other side of the room next to me.. I'm not completely denying the possible existence of the supernatural, just this particular incident.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
To be perfectly honest it just looks like exhaust fumes or steam off the brakes to me.

Your story may be 100% true but the photo itself doesn't really show anything out of the normal and the fact that you were deliberately out 'ghost hunting' just makes me think that it's a more a case of you seeing what you wanted to see.

When the paranormal guy said the photo had been tampered with I suspect he was referring to the right hand side photo where you've increased the contrast and saturated the colours, you could probably take any photo and manipulate it to show weird shapes etc. a lot of the finer details have actually been lost in your modified photo.
edit on 21-6-2011 by mc1km because: addition

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

I'm not over analyzing anything, just pointing out some perfectly valid holes in your story.

Why are you avoiding my question about image filtering? I will most definitely take an picture of some car exhaust tonight and send you the image if you'd be willing to apply the same filters and post the image. I bet with enough images we can capture dinosaurs, leprechauns, santa clause, ghosts, the easter bunny, elvis, etc.

And I have pointed out the flaws in yours.

If you want to believe it's exhaust, believe it's exhaust. Good for you. I don't need to see your 'proof'. I know what I saw, I know what's on camera, and that's that. If I legitimately bought your 'theory', I'd ask more about it.

I came here to share an interesting photo, and get opinions. Not be torn apart and deemed a hoaxer without legitimate evidence of such. You've given your opinion, I've given mine.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I really hate things going unanswered. I'd very much like to experiment with some smoke and exhaust, apply your exact filters and see the result. Can you please explain your filtering techniques in the adjusted image?

Thanks!

Also 562x717 is a VERY unusual size for an image. What type of camera are you using?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I have seen two ghosts, with my own eyes, and both manifested in a grey mist similar to your picture.

Although I find it difficult to reconcile the idea of an active ghost girl with my religious beliefs, I still say nice catch and good hunting.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Definitely an eerie photo. Probably one of the rather convincing paranormal photos I have seen.

I think a more logical explanation than car exhaust would be the photographers breath. You said it was in November, and can get very cold. All it would take would be a bit of breath in the direction of the photograph, and the flash would pick it up. Car exhaust has a different, more distinct look, as opposed to chilled breath.

To say anything about the car being moved and it not being broken down is irrelevant. You can't even see enough of the truck to come to a conclusion as to whether or not it was or wasn't driven in the past months in which the OP claims. If we were able to see the tyres (tires) more in-depth, we'd be able to come to a conclusion, but even that can't be seen by the photo. The same with the windshield, not enough is exposed to come to a conclusion.

If I had to say, I'd say that it's either paranormal, or just chilled breath being accentuated by the flash.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Have I missed something here? We need an explanation of precisely what was done to produce the right hand image from the left hand one. If you explained it, I missed it. It's obvious the final picture is a composite showing before and after. How was that done? The EXIF data is missing.

I see you spending a lot of time aggressively defending your picture here to the detriment of directly addressing the legitimate questions being raised. Please tell us specifically and in detail how you derived the right hand picture from the left. What program did you use? What filters did you apply? How did you apply them? Thank you.
edit on 6/24/2011 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Interesting observation. What's the possibility of the fog taking it's time making it through the vehicle from beneath and released from the wheel well during the investigation/time of photo? I believe the reflection on the red object possibly caused the difference in colors when enhanced. Just IMO.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Ok I am bot a skeptic but on the right wear it looks like to be water. Take the goghst girl and place it over the water it matches perfectly. I believe the flash had something to do with this ghost girl.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Come on people.
ITS FREAKIN' EXHAUST!!

When will people here get sick of getting the wool pulled over their eyes!!

Jeez.

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Backslider

Well I don't know about you but, as far as I know, only rednecks let their broken down vehicles look like Crap. Most of the time they're on cinder blocks,too. That's a nice truck regardless if it was running or not, I'd be cleaning it, especially if I had any intentions of fixing it and running it eventually. Also if it's not moving, chances are it would not get as dirty, unless they have sandstorms wherever the photo was taken.

Anyway, to the OP wow!
I'd be looking for a new home Ghosts freak me out man!!!!

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I really hate things going unanswered. I'd very much like to experiment with some smoke and exhaust, apply your exact filters and see the result. Can you please explain your filtering techniques in the adjusted image?

Thanks!

Also 562x717 is a VERY unusual size for an image. What type of camera are you using?

I don't recall the filters used. The camera used is a Nikon Coolpix Digital Camera. Looks a little something like below:

www.nikonusa.com...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join