It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Authentic picture of ghost girl, taken by a friend (in my presence)

page: 1
10
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Hello,

I'm not sure where to begin here. I suppose I'll start by saying that I believe my home may have an entity, or entities, other than myself and family, residing in it. I'm very skeptical of these things, and I probably wouldn't of believed anyone's ghost stories, if I didn't live in my home, myself. There have been just too many odd occurrences, and photo and audio evidence to disregard it as something, 'coincidental'.

Lights have shut on and off, doors have slammed, people who visit claim to get a very unwelcoming feeling when they go into certain rooms of the house, people claim to have seen apparitions, heard music at night, heard singing from a little girl at night, etc. I, and local paranormal investigators have attempted to de-bunk these claims, with little success.

Last year, on November 26th, a friend and I were ghost hunting in an area of my property known to be 'haunted'. It's the place where the most activity has occurred. I began asking any spirits if they would like their picture taken, not expecting an actual result.


We took about 40-60 pictures, and right as we were rapping up, my friend decided to take one more picture. He snapped the photo, and I took off running before the picture came up on the camera's screen. When it flashed, I would have sworn I saw someone standing there, so it was definitely a surprise to him once the image popped up on the camera, and he dropped the camera and ran after me, screaming in fear.

The photo I talk of is below. The left picture is the completely un-edited version, and the right picture is the enhanced version.


oi54.tinypic.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

After this picture was taken, I emailed a paranormal group in my area, and told them my story, picture included. The email I got back saddened me deeply. They merely wrote it off as being completely fake, and when I requested why they thought it was (I knew it obviously wasn't), they never gave a legitimate answer, other than, 'We have a very skilled tech manager. He even knows what camera you took to take the picture." When I asked what camera it was that I took the picture with, the tech manager was wrong, and I quit correspondence.


I'd like open-minded discussion about what you think it is. The car that the picture was taken near, was completely off, and hadn't been on in months, so car exhaust was ruled out. I can't think of anything else rationally, therefore input would be appreciated.

Thank you so much,
DM
edit on 21-6-2011 by DeviantMoon because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-6-2011 by DeviantMoon because: (no reason given)




posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Wow! Really interesting!

It looks like a little girl wearing a night gown.

Eerily convincing! I'm sure others will say fog... glare.... reflections.......



posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Its very good. Reminds me of the little ghost girl I had haunting me a few months ago. She was 5, been dead since the 50's. Ghost children are the hardest, to accept, and to work with. Because they dont understand like an adult, what has happened to them. I suggest going back to the area and trying to work with her. She needs help to go to the otherside. Bring her a teddybear, or a doll. Talk to her, use a digital recorder to try and understand what she is communicating with you. I had a huge conversation with my 5 year old little girl named Sarah. A man was keeping her trapped in the earthbound plane. She kept on calling out for mommy and daddy. And the saddest evp I captured, was the day after I had a bowl of ice cream, and she shouted out "Want some ice cream". I was never able to capture her on film, other than as an orb. I think she was too weak to materialize. You are in a position to help this child should you want too. But...as a word of advice, bad spirits often immitate children, so it is important to protect yourself and always have in the back of your mind, that it might be a dark force trying to mess with you.



posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by masterofnone
Wow! Really interesting!

It looks like a little girl wearing a night gown.

Eerily convincing! I'm sure others will say fog... glare.... reflections.......



Thank you!

I'm sure there will those who don't believe it's anything paranormal, and that's the beauty of ATS! I'd love to see different viewpoints and potential explanations. Could it of been a reflection? Maybe. Could it of been glare? Maybe. The only thing that .. makes me think, is that I actually saw someone standing there right as the picture was about to be taken, so that's my viewpoint.


Originally posted by xynephadyn
Its very good. Reminds me of the little ghost girl I had haunting me a few months ago. She was 5, been dead since the 50's. Ghost children are the hardest, to accept, and to work with. Because they dont understand like an adult, what has happened to them. I suggest going back to the area and trying to work with her. She needs help to go to the otherside. Bring her a teddybear, or a doll. Talk to her, use a digital recorder to try and understand what she is communicating with you. I had a huge conversation with my 5 year old little girl named Sarah. A man was keeping her trapped in the earthbound plane. She kept on calling out for mommy and daddy. And the saddest evp I captured, was the day after I had a bowl of ice cream, and she shouted out "Want some ice cream". I was never able to capture her on film, other than as an orb. I think she was too weak to materialize. You are in a position to help this child should you want too. But...as a word of advice, bad spirits often immitate children, so it is important to protect yourself and always have in the back of your mind, that it might be a dark force trying to mess with you.


Thank you so much for your input. That sounds like both a saddening, but beautiful experience. I will keep your wisdom in mind. Thanks again.


edit on 21-6-2011 by DeviantMoon because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Apologies, but to me it just looks like steam from the vehicle. Not saying that is what it is, just what it looks like to me.



posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DeviantMoon
 


I was going to say exhaust fumes untill I read the bottom of your post.

If the car was not running then I have not got a clue what it could be.



posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by DeviantMoon
 


Hi,
Thanks for posting this, as it's an interesting story, but there appear to be contradictions in there.

First - you say that the picture was taken by yourself and I quote: "Authentic picture of ghost girl, taken by me"
but then you say it was taken by someone else?
Also, you say that you ran because you saw "someone" standing there in the light from the flash, but the "ghostly girl" image is tiny in comparison with the car - way below side mirror height, probably not much more than the height of the tyre (tire), so why would you describe it as seeing someone standing there?

Doesn't really make sense to me, but thanks for posting anyway.

regards,
GTD



posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gordi The Drummer
reply to post by DeviantMoon
 


Hi,
Thanks for posting this, as it's an interesting story, but there appear to be contradictions in there.

First - you say that the picture was taken by yourself and I quote: "Authentic picture of ghost girl, taken by me"
but then you say it was taken by someone else?
Also, you say that you ran because you saw "someone" standing there in the light from the flash, but the "ghostly girl" image is tiny in comparison with the car - way below side mirror height, probably not much more than the height of the tyre (tire), so why would you describe it as seeing someone standing there?

Doesn't really make sense to me, but thanks for posting anyway.

regards,
GTD


I suppose I should of re-worded that. A friend and I were together, and we were taking pictures and trading the camera back and forth, splitting up, etc. Merely a mistake, my apologies.

Yes, there was what appeared to be a smaller figure standing near the car when the flash was taken. The child was indeed standing, so that's not really a contradiction, in my opinion.

Edit: I edited the title for you. Thanks for pointing that out.

edit on 21-6-2011 by DeviantMoon because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
That looks pretty interesting.

Especially the enhanced photo. It's like the 'object' became more...almost tangible looking. Totally strange. Couldn't be fog or exhaust (especially since I read your whole OP explaining the car hasn't run in some time
, not everyone reads as thoroughly I ).

I play around with pictures all the time. I've never noticed (doesn't mean it didn't exist) the affect that the enhance feature has on smoke/exhaust (or ghostly figures-which I haven't been able to capture:@@
.

Good catch



posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by DeviantMoon
 


First thing I thought was car exhaust, but you ruled that out.

I have taken a similar picture with the same "something there when it snaps" experience. So I believe you. People always tend to write off my photo as "photographer's breath" even though it is clearly a face (and my family thinks it looks like me!).

I pulled your photo into Photoshop and adjusted the levels some. It looks to me like a profile shot of a little girl in a dress walking to the left, away from the car. I think the 'fog' behind the girl is interesting. Almost like she came through the car and some of the energy dissipated.

If you like I could share your photo with my paranormal network and get opinions. Please just let me know.

OiO



posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeviantMoon


I suppose I should of re-worded that. A friend and I were together, and we were taking pictures and trading the camera back and forth, splitting up, etc. Merely a mistake, my apologies.

Yes, there was what appeared to be a smaller figure standing near the car when the flash was taken. The child was indeed standing, so that's not really a contradiction, in my opinion.


Thanks for the clarification!
I'm not actually buying it, as I'd never describe something as being done by me, if I knew it wasn't, but thanks anyway.
And, personally, I've never heard anyone describing a very small (18"- 20"?) child-like apparition in the terms "someone standing there" before, but hey, that's your call!

Sorry if I'm being too picky!!! But hey, that's one of the things we're here for - to dig dig dig!

regards,
GTD



posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
That "Tech Manager" that looked at your picture definitely isn't a "Tech Manager" if he states that your picture is obviously fake.

Sounds like a dis-info prick, IMHO...

You've got yourself a nice and mysterious photo!



posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DeviantMoon
 


In the pic, on the unaltered side, it looks like there are 2 areas of "fog". There's the one up front, and another one right next to the truck, a little further back.

The enhanced one does not show that 2nd "foggy" area that is towards the rear.

Does that mean anything? I don't know. But I found it interesting,

And what does it take to call oneself a paranormal investigator? Especially someone that can glibly call a pic a fake? Some people are just plain deluded, I guess.



posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gordi The Drummer

Originally posted by DeviantMoon


I suppose I should of re-worded that. A friend and I were together, and we were taking pictures and trading the camera back and forth, splitting up, etc. Merely a mistake, my apologies.

Yes, there was what appeared to be a smaller figure standing near the car when the flash was taken. The child was indeed standing, so that's not really a contradiction, in my opinion.


Thanks for the clarification!
I'm not actually buying it, as I'd never describe something as being done by me, if I knew it wasn't, but thanks anyway.
And, personally, I've never heard anyone describing a very small (18"- 20"?) child-like apparition in the terms "someone standing there" before, but hey, that's your call!

Sorry if I'm being too picky!!! But hey, that's one of the things we're here for - to dig dig dig!

regards,
GTD


Glad that you gave your opinion, I appreciate it.

Second line.
edit on 21-6-2011 by DeviantMoon because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-6-2011 by DeviantMoon because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by LHP666
reply to post by DeviantMoon
 


In the pic, on the unaltered side, it looks like there are 2 areas of "fog". There's the one up front, and another one right next to the truck, a little further back.

The enhanced one does not show that 2nd "foggy" area that is towards the rear.

Does that mean anything? I don't know. But I found it interesting,

And what does it take to call oneself a paranormal investigator? Especially someone that can glibly call a pic a fake? Some people are just plain deluded, I guess.


It was interesting to note that as well. It seemed like the second foggy pass just kind of faded into the background in the enhanced. I can understand the skepticism by the tech manager, by all means. Just kinda blind sided me that there was little research done, and such a big conclusion was leaped to. Thank you!



posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneisOne
reply to post by DeviantMoon
 


First thing I thought was car exhaust, but you ruled that out.

I have taken a similar picture with the same "something there when it snaps" experience. So I believe you. People always tend to write off my photo as "photographer's breath" even though it is clearly a face (and my family thinks it looks like me!).

I pulled your photo into Photoshop and adjusted the levels some. It looks to me like a profile shot of a little girl in a dress walking to the left, away from the car. I think the 'fog' behind the girl is interesting. Almost like she came through the car and some of the energy dissipated.

If you like I could share your photo with my paranormal network and get opinions. Please just let me know.

OiO


What a fascinating story! Thank you for looking at it more in-depth. I would love it if you could share it, the more the merrier!

edit on 21-6-2011 by DeviantMoon because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by DeviantMoon
 


I agree. Skepticism is good. But if they are going to call someone a hoaxer, they better be able to SHOW in a SPECIFIC MANNER why that is the case.

Thanks for posting the pic. I've heard a ghost, and I have a good idea who it was, but I never saw one (that I know of).



posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Ok, I don't mean to be rude, but here are my thoughts:

- This truck has MOST DEFINITELY been recently driven. It is recently cleaned, the windshield is crystal clear as is the paint. It's a white truck, and as anyone with a white vehicle can tell you any dirt and grime on the vehicle would be very apparent. The ground around the truck is littered with leaves but the tree in the image has fresh leaves. This obviously isn't the best maintained back yard, I imagine a truck that "hasn't been driven for months" would show some signs of sitting in this back yard for months - including leaves stuck all over around the windshield wiper area, which, again, as anyone with a vehicle can tell you happens to a car sitting for 10 minutes in autumn conditions, let alone "months."

- What filters did you use on this image in the second frame? I'd be interested to take a picture of car exhaust in the cold/dark and apply the same filters. I'm positive this is a filtering effect on this CAR EXHAUST or at the very least steam coming off a warm engine on a cool night.


I hate to say it, but the fact that the truck has obviously been maintained and therefore most likely recently driven (perhaps as recently as just before this image was captured) pretty much kills all credibility this image might have had for me otherwise. This is a hoax people, move along.



posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Backslider
Ok, I don't mean to be rude, but here are my thoughts:

- This truck has MOST DEFINITELY been recently driven. It is recently cleaned, the windshield is crystal clear as is the paint. It's a white truck, and as anyone with a white vehicle can tell you any dirt and grime on the vehicle would be very apparent. The ground around the truck is littered with leaves but the tree in the image has fresh leaves. This obviously isn't the best maintained back yard, I imagine a truck that "hasn't been driven for months" would show some signs of sitting in this back yard for months - including leaves stuck all over around the windshield wiper area, which, again, as anyone with a vehicle can tell you happens to a car sitting for 10 minutes in autumn conditions, let alone "months."

- What filters did you use on this image in the second frame? I'd be interested to take a picture of car exhaust in the cold/dark and apply the same filters. I'm positive this is a filtering effect on this CAR EXHAUST or at the very least steam coming off a warm engine on a cool night.


I hate to say it, but the fact that the truck has obviously been maintained and therefore most likely recently driven (perhaps as recently as just before this image was captured) pretty much kills all credibility this image might have had for me otherwise. This is a hoax people, move along.


So, by your logic, because the car isn't in completely horrid shape, that makes me a hoaxster. Niice.


The car was actually broken down around the time I took the picture. The outside was maintained and washed from time to time. Not to mention November is the height of the rainy season where I live.

By your logic, cleaning a car = it's automatically exhaust, thus not anything paranormal.

Thanks for your opinion.
edit on 21-6-2011 by DeviantMoon because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
OP,
Can you remember what the temperature was that night?

Also, what was the temp. during the daytime on the same day?

The reason I ask is because it's possible that the engine block was warmed by the sun during the day, then at night when the temp. dropped it could possibly create it's own fog. Just like when you see your own breath in cold weather.

However, if the temperatures were not as I described above, then you can disregard my theory. Just giving you a possibility that hasn't been brought up.

Thanks for posting this anyways. It's interesting none-the-less



new topics

top topics



 
10
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join