It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Westboro Baptist Church Plans To Picket Ryan Dunn's Funeral

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I have Jael Phelps on Facebook, if they do this I will be leaving some unpleasant remarks on her page!

They need shut down, it's like religious versions of trolls.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Please don't casually single out this church as representatives of Christianity. That's inaccurate..

Their elders are all lawyers too .... let's "go there."

These people have a business model: Use the shield of religious protected speech to provoke an illegal act, then sue. It's what they do... gleefully.

If we want to really send a message... whenever the news comes on about them, turn off the TV for 60 seconds. When they protest - look away - do not acknowledge them - ignore them completely. When the shout, continue your conversations, when they march, walk away.

Shunning works people. Make it unprofitable to cover in the news, and make their antics effectively invisible.

Their only recourse to get attention will be to break the law themselves, THEN allow the civil authorities to do their thing.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   
irony at its best,
this news made my day , hehe

cheers

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Hi, I'm Johnny Knoxville. This is the exploding picket line.

I'm betting money that something in the spirit of "Jackass" goes down at this funeral.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Protesting a funeral for Ryan Dunn will simply serve to further discredit WBC who believe that they can protest any funeral for any reason. Being a War veteran, gay and now just being vulgar is enough to get a visit from WBC.

Who's next for these folks? Whatever ever happened to the notion of Resting In Peace?? Dunn only has to answer to one higher authority. God bless his family and friends if they have to be subject to the WBC. The WBC is going to be in for a rude awakening if they proceed as planned.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Ryan Dunn would have wanted it no other way. Knoxville and the gang will have to pull something on the Westboro creeps to honor their friend, they just have to. If not, his death was in vain! RIP Ryan Dunn, may you freak out the angels and demons alike, where ever it is you ended up (and come on, let's see a downhill coffin race!).
edit on 21-6-2011 by Aleister because: more words

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
You know, the next J@ck@ss movie might have a few unexpected "guests" starring in it.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
These types of Christians must be thoroughly ignoring the basic tenets of Christianity to be able to shout these horrible things at funerals...by their sights, no one (but themselves, I'll bet) may enter heaven.
These fear-mongers give the words 'Westboro', Baptist', and 'Church' the weight of a horror movie title!!!

Ryan Dunn was a heaven-sent clown in a dour, mean world, and if all you have to do to be kept out of heaven is shove a toy car up your ass, then Yahweh can keep his kingdom.

I certainly don't want to spend eternity with someone that cannot find humor in Mr. Dunn's life!

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Sweet, I think Dunn would want Westboro to hoot and holler.

Just watch out for all his fans, ever so intelligent Westboro.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by zerbot565
irony at its best,
this news made my day , hehe

cheers

YOU MAKE ME SICK!!!! HOW CAN SOMEONE WHO IS NOT ALIVE ANYMORE MAKE YOUR DAY????

R.I.P. RYAN DUNN

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hawking
Would love to see members of Jackass deal with Westboro Baptist. Looking forward to it

Same. I want proper camera crews on site. I dont even watch that show or any of its kind but this would be an interesting encounter.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by RightInTwo

Because they are Baptists..

Baptists are individuals who belong to Christian denominations and churches that subscribe to a doctrine that baptism should be performed only for professing believers

en.wikipedia.org...

Here is a typical response from a self righteous, judgmental, holier than thou christian trying to separate themselves from the approximately 38000 different denominations of supposed Christ followers who continually show themselves to be the worst kind of people on the planet.. of which they themselves perpetuate their own distinct judgmental denominational interpretation which is just as ludicrous as the one being condemned or ostracized as being correct..

"They are not one of US.. I have been blessed.. I am apart of the true church.. I have true understanding"

good job .. real Christ like..

Rest in Peace Ryan Dunn...

I hope in the spirit of Jackass, Johnny Knoxville pranks the protesters and release's

Jackass 4.0 : Dunn edition

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by reeferman

"They are not one of US.. I have been blessed.. I am apart of the true church.. I have true understanding"

The true church? WHich one would that be?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Ryan Dunn aside, PA is one of the most evil states in the union?? So there is all this untapped mojo just brewing under the surface just waiting to be harassed?? learn something new every day. *runs to get oil drill and buckets*

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Jackass 4 will be filmed in the same town Westboro Baptist Chuck is from.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
reply to post by wantsome

One can only hope it is. Funny how the name of the movie mirrors what we should be calling Phelps.....there at least is irony in that. RIP Ryan.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

exactly the point...

Individual egos claiming to have special insight or a supernatural experience as to the interpretation concerning God's laws.. his "Word".. how to worship.. what is acceptable moral living, etc...

and if you do not agree you are "lost".. you need "faith".. it goes on and on..

How can a mortal man claim to know the mind of a supreme being?

I find it very telling when Christians take a stance according to their beliefs gleaned from the Helios Biblios..

..then other Christians who disagree with said stance.. whatever it may be.. immediately try to distance themselves claiming "that group does not represent Christians"..

The end result is 38,000 splintered denominations of Christianity..

and the comments seen here as to the Westboro Baptist Church "Not" being Christian..

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
As for the "you people" remark. erm do you mean people with cat avatars or what?

Speaking of which, what happened to your Cathulu avatar?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage

Originally posted by reeferman

A true Christian believer knows there is only one true church...as it is described throughout the New Testament!

Now Westboro idiots again expressing their first amendments rights...

Go ahead and say that is not what they are doing...but as long as they operate within the bounds of the law...that is exactly what they are doing...granted it is morally disgusting...we dare not say don't let them do it!

Do not let them have freedom to their first amendment rights...then where do yours go when you want to protest the government...or higher taxes...someone will say you are out of line too.

I don't support these idiots...but I do support their rights as long as they stay within the bounds of the law.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I'm surprised they haven't been fire-bombed.
Unfortunate thing to be thinking (or stating for that matter), but that's reality.
Humans are sick and twisted, sweet and huggly.
We can have both because we're human; we work with dualities quite well.

R.I.P. Ryan Dunn, R.I.P. Fallen Soldiers, R.I.P. everyone who's being or has been picketed by WBC.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join