It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass suicide fears as French worry end of world is approaching

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
Its interesting seeing people on this website refer to the 'crazy people' and the 'nuts'.

We have seen early this year how much people are living in fear and how much internet rumours are beginging to take hold. It might be ok for you to dismiss 2012 as 'only for nutters' but how do you convince everyone else? It may soon take very little to send a large number of people over the edge.

This story in rome is an ealry warning sign about the state of people's sanity at this moment in time;

www.dailymail.co.uk...

I know, I'm worried about earthquakes and floods now, I can't even sleep well without sleeping pills. I'm still half asleep while awake. Everytime I hear a bump or a thump I think it's a bomb, my mother was making popcorn last week. She poured it into the pain and I thought it was a short fuse bomb. I jumped to the floor screaming, crawling like a PTSD sufferer. "Get down ! Get down! It's a false flag! I knew the 'gubmit' be trying to kill us! Oh lord, oh lord!" That was last week. She looked at me like I was the craziest person she'd met. "I was just making popcorn. Do you want some ?" That was terrifying and it was only popcorn, I'll probably be going with the French. "Viva la France."

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

Dear god I hope I dont have to share a tent in the survivor camp with you.Best you end it now and save us the trouble of doing it

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Sounds like you need to take a vacation from the internet for a while and go enjoy life!

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4KAAN
I think TPTB are using this as fuel to get more people out of the way. A public warning to the increase of a possible reaction to a possible non-event 18 months from today? They're only reinforcing the idea into their heads.

Personally I've never seen the French as being majorly spiritual, so if they at least saw that 2012 is a tool for political reorganization - global fascism - gov't capitalizing on the hysteria of a prediction, they could rebel instead of wallowing in the imaginary fear of inevitable doom.

French rebellion is what TPTB fear. This is propaganda. Fear mongering. A way to thin them out.

I agree that this smacks of propaganda and psyops. There's an agenda here - could it also be to discredit the alternative community? We know that's something they're attempting to do.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
This sort of superstitious behavior is so un-French. The whole 2012 hoax has not really gotten much exposure in France, based on what I've read online. That particular region of France has been a magnet for the counter-culture since the 1960's. While back-packing through there in the mid 1970's, I stumbled across a commune that had moved into an abandoned medieval village and were practicing slash and burn agriculture! The French prize rationality so highly (they say "you have reason" rather than "you are right") that it doesn't surprise me that they have an inter-departmental agency to monitor irrational cult beliefs. What they consider to be an alarming number of cultists would probably be found on a typical bus in Berkeley.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
i am a little surprised at the ignorance displayed in this thread.

We will probably see people eventually being banned heading to this village which will probably cause even more panic.

www.cnn.com...
edit on 21-6-2011 by JohnySeagull because: (no reason given)

Im sure the mayor of that town has already banned end timers from the village - im pretty sure I read in the bbc

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Did read this earlier..............Why would someone want to do this? I want to live forever no matter what happens, I like the feeling of life - hate the thought of being dead, not being able to come online too read ATS....lol

edit on 21-6-2011 by vesta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I say, "So What!"
Let them kill themselves. Who needs these weaklings?
Survival of the mentally fittest is as important as physical fitness.
With them out of the way the rest of us can better deal with whatever catastrophe comes this way.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stingray77
People, who looking for an excuse to kill themselves, will do it regardless of whatever the government will announce (which you right, they never will). But what I don't get is why they even considering killing themselves, if something what going to kill them is coming anyway ?!? Can't wait type of thing or something ?!? Funny in a way, I gonna kill myself, because I gonna die soon.

Maybe some would rather have a choice on how they die.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I bet I could get a good deal on real estate in france in november '12......

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

Maybe some would rather have a choice on how they die.

A false choice if what they've been told is wrong. That is the danger; they might abandon the prospect of a long and happy life based on a moment of hysterical -- and unwarranted -- fear.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

Mmmmm Harsh words

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Why not just stay put and see what really happens or does not happen. Sounds like a way more fun
plan to me than suicide. It's an evil idea all around. Nobody knows the end of the world date.
Seems to me like WE are responsible for making all this gobledee goop we call chemicals or whatever and
have poisioned what otherwise might have been a pretty nice and clean place we call earth. I'm not saying
we don't belong here..just saying we should honor what we have, hang in there and wait to see that
fact really is stranger than fiction. We have yet to conquer earth forces and outer space so hey, just enjoy
the ride..keep it simple. If it happens it happens..not a thing you could do but what you usually do in order
to try to survive a storm or whatever. Anything to do to make your mental, physical and spiritual health
better..that is a good start cause otherwise all the supplies and boats and hiding holes in the world won't
mean much if you succumb to major physical or emotional stresses..the french are too stressed out and
freaked out.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

A false choice if what they've been told is wrong. That is the danger; they might abandon the prospect of a long and happy life based on a moment of hysterical -- and unwarranted -- fear.

hmmm..a long and happy life in this world as is? highly doubt that's possible. Maybe they would rather have the choice now ,instead of a long and miserable life serving someone else s plans ?

I do get your point , and I agree with you ,that people should not be so hasty on such a decision...but ultimately it is their choice to make, and should be respected as such.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

hmmm..a long and happy life in this world as is? highly doubt that's possible. Maybe they would rather have the choice now ,instead of a long and miserable life serving someone else s plans ?

I do get your point , and I agree with you ,that people should not be so hasty on such a decision...but ultimately it is their choice to make, and should be respected as such.

I believe in the right of the individual to "write their own last act." I have made it clear that under certain circumstances (terminal illness, brain damage, Alzheimers...) I would prefer to go out with dignity. On the other hand, just having a lousy job is no excuse to give up. If you don't like the world the way it is, don't kill yourself: go out and change it!

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

I believe in the right of the individual to "write their own last act." I have made it clear that under certain circumstances (terminal illness, brain damage, Alzheimers...) I would prefer to go out with dignity. On the other hand, just having a lousy job is no excuse to give up. If you don't like the world the way it is, don't kill yourself: go out and change it!

Who said having a lousy job was the reason they were doing it?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

The 2012 prediction, based on the end of the 5000-year Mayan calendar, has taken root around the world but nowhere does it seem to have been as widely embraced as France, The (London) Times reported.

The government is worried about a rush of converts to Bugarach, a hilltop village in the southwest that is destined to survive judgment day, according to internet rumours.

Mass Suicides...

Interesting post! The 'upside down' mountain in Bugarach was thought to have 'positive vibrations by Nostradamus and apparently inspired Speliberg's Close Encounters of the Third Kind.. I get the impression there are people from all over the world hoping to be in Bugarach for Dec 2012, not that the French are unusually spiritual themselves. Although the Herald Sun always does a great line in ambiguity.

Telegraph.co.uk... nytimes.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by stuffofstars

Some French and international Web sites devoted to the apocalypse claim that the mountain of Bugarach is a sacred place that will protect them from the end of the world. Some even believe that, on doomsday, they will be spirited away by a group of aliens who live under the mountain.

“We all know that aliens are there for thousands of years,” said Paul Ponssot, the owner of a Paris-based bookstore specializing in esoteric literature. “They may be the forces who will help us get through 2012.”

Mr. Nykanen said. His teenage daughter, Elsa, said she once saw a truck with a message spray-painted on its door: “Collective suicide: Bugarach 2012.”

How interesting. Thanks for adding these links. No wonder the French government has an eye on this. It may be nothing. Or it could turn out very bad.
edit on 6/21/2011 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
I live in France, and have so far only met one person who spoke about this mayan prophecy thing- he's the local drunk and just recently got on the web for the first time and found this out! But I know him, he gets into thigns one day, and moves on to another the next, the day before a total black out.

I was confused for a while on internet with anglophones, who would post things like "do you think 2012 will happen???" Uh, yeah, there will be a 2012..... as it follows naturally 2011.....??? It took me a moment to understand that in some other countries, this prophecy has taken propoertions ot the point that everyone associates that year with doomsday predictions!

Not so in France, at least not the media and the majority of the public. If you aren't in that small side group of wierdos, you won't likely know about this stuff.

I think that what is being misunderstood here is the french putting emphasis on this because they are very very objectionable to things like cults and sects and are very wary. Many of our smaller religions have been deemed cults in the France and had bans placed upon them (scientology, for example, but along with practioners of Riki, and some businesses. A pharmaceutical lab is also condemned as a cult commonly because they use american methods, hiring and training along a certain idea of how their representatives should be and act- as any american business would. For them, even insisting your employee does their work with a smile is attempting to brainwash them and take away their individuality).

They weren't making a point just about their own country being at risk..... but trying to point out the risk world wide at spreading such ideas!
(they believe people are very gullible and need to be protected, which some other cultures don't share and believe each person is responsible for themself, "buyer beware").

This is like when you see someone who says "My house is such a mess!" and you come over and see it is spotless- but they are a maniac about cleanliness and are refering to some possible dust on the top of their refridgerator! Or the student that comes out of an exam lamenting that they did HORRIBLE- they got a B+ !

All is relative, and we don't all share the same values......What I would call a big risk, is not necessarily what another would call a big risk. They also make a big deal about the risks of buying things online, and I get sick of people acting shocked that I would do anything so dangerous! You'd think there was more risk here than elsewhere, but no, they just make a bigger deal about it.
edit on 21-6-2011 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
If people commit suicide over this, then good riddance, that's a few less kooks we have to worry about.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join