It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass suicide fears as French worry end of world is approaching

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Though I am not a proponent of secrecy among the governments of the world. I must say, that this is another example of the chaos that could, and probably would ensue if government announced ET's or a coming world cataclysm.

In france, it would seem that the 2012 prediction, and the fear mongering that always accompanies said predictions, is reaching a crescendo. And it has TPTB a tad bit worried.

SO many people in France believe that the world is about to end that a government agency today alerted the country to the risk of mass suicides by converts to prophesies of imminent Armageddon.

The 2012 prediction, based on the end of the 5000-year Mayan calendar, has taken root around the world but nowhere does it seem to have been as widely embraced as France, The (London) Times reported.

The government is worried about a rush of converts to Bugarach, a hilltop village in the southwest that is destined to survive judgment day, according to internet rumours.

Mass Suicides...

Even Harold Camping gets a dishonorable mention in this article.

In my own opinion, no government is going to come clean about ET's, or coming cataclysms, even if they exist.
Why should they? Unless the very thing they want is chaos. And I wouldn't put that past them either.
edit on 6/21/2011 by Klassified because: addition

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Nothing will happen.....governments are using the peoples fear for their own gain.

Everyone is jumping on the bandwagon to make money out of these stupid people....i would if i had no morals

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

By the way things are going right now, I might consider it. I mean earthquakes, floods and dead animals !? What kind of world are you living in ? Get ya head outta wonderland Alice.
Anymore, I'll look down the street one day and see Captain Jack Harkness and the Torchwood team in the SUV taking away a dead alien. The world has gone down the rabbit hole and it ain't coming back.
edit on 21-6-2011 by Heartisblack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
These government dudes will dance for 6 days if a bunch of people kill themselves... depopulation all day

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I think TPTB are using this as fuel to get more people out of the way. A public warning to the increase of a possible reaction to a possible non-event 18 months from today? They're only reinforcing the idea into their heads.

Personally I've never seen the French as being majorly spiritual, so if they at least saw that 2012 is a tool for political reorganization - global fascism - gov't capitalizing on the hysteria of a prediction, they could rebel instead of wallowing in the imaginary fear of inevitable doom.

French rebellion is what TPTB fear. This is propaganda. Fear mongering. A way to thin them out.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
Nuthouses. NUT. HOUSES. A house FULL OF NUTS! NUTS! NUTTINGLY NUTTY NUTCASES. NUTCASES! CASES. WITH. NUTS. FRANCE JUST FULL OF NUTS!
edit on 21-6-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

WARNING............ this Quote contains NUTS...

PDUK

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK

Originally posted by Jepic
Nuthouses. NUT. HOUSES. A house FULL OF NUTS! NUTS! NUTTINGLY NUTTY NUTCASES. NUTCASES! CASES. WITH. NUTS. FRANCE JUST FULL OF NUTS!

WARNING............ this Quote contains NUTS...

PDUK

ALLERGY ALERT! TOTALLY. NUTTY.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Hi Klassified........

As if by magic and referring to another thread we spoke on about population reduction.... the French want to do it voluntarily................ a new saying must be ''as mad as a Frenchman''..

The world goes on and on .....

PDUK

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Shame people don't do their own research, then they would realise that the majority of mayans believe in no such doomday prediction. They tend to believe its a positive thing...guess thats the lazy world we've come acustom to though.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   
People, who looking for an excuse to kill themselves, will do it regardless of whatever the government will announce (which you right, they never will). But what I don't get is why they even considering killing themselves, if something what going to kill them is coming anyway ?!? Can't wait type of thing or something ?!? Funny in a way, I gonna kill myself, because I gonna die soon.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK

Hi Klassified........

As if by magic and referring to another thread we spoke on about population reduction.... the French want to do it voluntarily................ a new saying must be ''as mad as a Frenchman''..

The world goes on and on .....

PDUK

Surely the French media hasn't hyped this more than the USA has. Or have they? Maybe testing the waters to see the publics reaction?

And who knows, maybe there's a bit of propaganda to this article, as was stated above. Thanks for your input PDUK.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by My.mind.is.mine
These government dudes will dance for 6 days if a bunch of people kill themselves... depopulation all day

Only 6? You probably aren't far from the truth.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
i am a little surprised at the ignorance displayed in this thread.

they refer to a village that is starting to attract a lot of people to the village of Bugarach. I can see this village being flooded with people over the next few months. We will probably see people eventually being banned heading to this village which will probably cause even more panic.

this story is getting a lot of coverage and we are still over 18months from d-day. things will probably get a lot 'nuttier' in the coming months and as dec 2012 closes in. be careful out there.

next thing you know people will be calling for fear-mongering websites to be closed down.

www.cnn.com...
edit on 21-6-2011 by JohnySeagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
i am a little surprised at the ignorance displayed in this thread.

they refer to a village that is starting to attract a lot of people to the village of Bugarach. I can see this village being flooded with people over the next few months. We will probably see people eventually being banned heading to this village which will probably cause even more panic.

this story is getting a lot of coverage and we are still over 18months from d-day. things will probably get a lot 'nuttier' in the coming months and as dec 2012 closes in. be careful out there.

next thing you know people will be calling for fear-mongering websites to be closed down.

www.cnn.com...
edit on 21-6-2011 by JohnySeagull because: (no reason given)

Some fear mongering sites need to be shut down, come on. Some websites are subliminal and play on your subconscious. Cut me some slack here, if somebody handed you the truth we wouldn't believe it. Because of the fear monger

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Heartisblack

i have no idea what point you are trying to make?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
This sounds like a problem that will solve itself. One thing good about crazy people killing themselves. Fewer crazy people around.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Why would you kill yourself ,before the end of the world? I mean the biggest event since the royal wedding ,and they dont want to see it?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Its interesting seeing people on this website refer to the 'crazy people' and the 'nuts'.

We have seen early this year how much people are living in fear and how much internet rumours are beginging to take hold. It might be ok for you to dismiss 2012 as 'only for nutters' but how do you convince everyone else? It may soon take very little to send a large number of people over the edge.

This story in rome is an ealry warning sign about the state of people's sanity at this moment in time;

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

Fear will kill some of these nuts, some of us are sadly going with them.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join