It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas set to execute man despite possible mental disability

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I fought this fight before - it's horrific to say the least...

Teresa Lewis, Mentally Disabled Woman, To Be Executed In Virginia This Month

There's just something about executing someone who doesn't know better that sticks in my craw...

Wow...how far we've fallen...

peace

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
James Lee Troutman

According to Troutman’s confession he grabbed 9 year old Skyler Kauffman from the parking lot and drug her to the basement where he raped and strangled her, hitting her head on thefloor “a couple of times at least” in the process. He then took the girl’s lifeless body, wrapped it in a blanket and threw her in the dumpster out in the parking lot.

Source is www.pysih.com

This is the life your defending. This is what is so precious to you. What he deserves is jail with his cozy bed, tv's, work out equipment, books, teachers, food... I'm sure the mother of the 9 year old little girl would be just fine with that sentencing.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
How a nation treats, respects and understands one another, and treats its vulnerable is basically the level they're at, and this is a very low level.

What we do today, or ignore, our frequency of love and awareness, is what we will inherit or draw to us tomorrow. Today, is the result of past lessons and tests. Tomorrow will be the result of today.

This could be your child, your brother, your uncle, your family. Treat everyone as though they are your immediate family with the same understanding.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

Originally posted by Kryties

Originally posted by zerotime
I only had to read the guys crime, which was mapped out on the OP's links. He robbed and murdered his first victim, and was caught exiting the room of the crime. He then ordered his two hostages into a room where he walked up a young woman and point blank shot her in the head. She has been paralyzed from the neck down since that day. He then shot and killed the third victim before trying to burn up the crime scene. There is no reason I know of that this monster should be left with a life.

The reports even show that his IQ may have been lower because of 6 years of drug abuse.

Whoopdy doo. Still doesn't make it right to kill him back.

Life sentence in a 6x4 jail cell is more than appropriate, no matter how many shotgun-toting psychopaths say otherwise.

It's more than appropriate for you. Are you the victims' family? How about if you ask them if it's more than appropriate? When your family is attacked, then you can ask for clemency. But fortunately it isn't up to you*.

*said in a hillbilly, redneck, cracker accent

/TOA

Not enough bias to make a clear decision, right?

You're so backwards here, sorry.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Well my opinion is kind of along the lines of some Muslim country's where an eye for an eye applies to the victims family.
If this accused man murdered my family and I had the say in live or die, it would be an interesting time to meditate and think about my decision.
If I say no to execution then I must live with that and probably have a lot a hate build up to the point of who knows what.
Also If I say no, what if and it is a good probable that this guy gets released down the road and does it again (killing more people)?

If I say yes to execution, then if it was my family I know for sure I would get some satisfaction out of that.
If I say yes to execution, then I know for sure that nobody else will die/suffer/ be maimed because of one sick puppy.

I am speaking from the heart here, putting myself in the victims position or the family of the victims position.
I say toast him.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I think that I would be okay with the inmate getting life in prison, if that life meant 100% of the time in a solid steel cell. The inmate should never be allowed outside time, no TV time, no books or magazines, no entertainment what so ever. They should have a small cell, bed, toilet and sink. Nothing else.
edit on 22-6-2011 by zerotime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

I think that I would be okay with the inmate getting life in prison, if that life meant 100% of the time in a solid steel cell. The inmate should never be allowed outside time, no TV time, no books or magazines, no entertainment what so ever. They should have a small cell, bed, toilet and sink. Nothing else.
edit on 22-6-2011 by zerotime because: (no reason given)

That might change my opinion but I doubt it, maybe include with the cell a cyanide pill to be taken at leisure to save the victims family retrials, and to save the taxpayers a load of cash.
Star for you sir/madam
Regards, Iwinder

edit on 22-6-2011 by Iwinder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

yes and yes. if they dont understand its a crime, its just as dangerous, maybe even more dangerous.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by TylerDurden2U

yes and yes. if they dont understand its a crime, its just as dangerous, maybe even more dangerous.

It is not about danger. When a dangerous person is locked up, he is no longer a danger, or only minimal. So why should he be killed, then? You need another reason.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

It is not about danger. When a dangerous person is locked up, he is no longer a danger, or only minimal. So why should he be killed, then? You need another reason.

A dangerous person will always be just that......ask any correctional officer that same question and they can probably and will tell you some horror stories that Hannibal the cannibal can't even match.
And its not being "killed" it is being executed which means you did a real bad deed.
The victims were murdered, the murderer is being put out of commission so as not to repeat the prior.
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

You obviously have no understanding of the TX educational system. And if you had read the entire article you have known that he failed three grades, including the eighth. To bad that he wasn't a good football player. He might have been an alumnus of some prestigious TX university instead of ending his days in another of our states institutions.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOrangeBrood

I only had to read the guys crime, which was mapped out on the OP's links. He robbed and murdered his first victim, and was caught exiting the room of the crime. He then ordered his two hostages into a room where he walked up a young woman and point blank shot her in the head. She has been paralyzed from the neck down since that day. He then shot and killed the third victim before trying to burn up the crime scene. There is no reason I know of that this monster should be left with a life.

The reports even show that his IQ may have been lower because of 6 years of drug abuse.

Life sentence in a 6x4 jail cell is more than appropriate, no matter how many shotgun-toting psychopaths say otherwise.

It's more than appropriate for you. Are you the victims' family? How about if you ask them if it's more than appropriate? When your family is attacked, then you can ask for clemency. But fortunately it isn't up to you*.

/TOA

Yes, I'm obviously backward for having pity for the innocent instead of for the guilty.

/TOA

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Okay .. someone break it down to me in small words please ..

Is the OP trying to say an IQ below 70 gives you the right to kill people without having to fear legal punishment ?

Because I mean .. if you can not fry the bastard who just killed three innocent victims, because he isn't bright enough to figure out what's going on, then it would be inhumane to lock him up behind bars as well because he won't figure out why you do that to him either ..

If you commit a crime, you will pay for it, that's my two cents. Being an idiot won't save you from receiving the maximum legal punishment for your deeds.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Funny how it's only the U.S. and Muslim countries who advocate the Dark Ages throwback of execution. Two peas in a pod perhaps?

More insults, personal attacks and vitriol without facts or rational argument. You let fly with blind assertions and opinion and expect them to be taken as fact and then throw a tantrum when they are not.

Here is some fact from a anti-capital punishment group, The Friends. They say there are 85 countries that have capital punishment:

"Many countries of the world still have the death penalty. They are 85. Among the biggest countries that still have the death penalty are the United States, China, Japan, Indonesia, Iran and many countries of Africa."

www.santegidio.org... nh=85&tbnw=197&start=30&ndsp=13&ved=1t:429,r:7,s:30
edit on 22-6-2011 by mydarkpassenger because: add

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo

Because I don't want to pay for his toothpicks and toilet paper.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
O.J. Simpson got away with murder because he had enough money to afford all the justice American Justice can buy.

We have two criminal lawyers in our family that got so fed up with the criminal system they have moved onto different areas of law.

Fact is rich people that can afford a good enough lawyer and people that are really smart (don't get caught).

Only the dumb and poor "fry".

Rich people murder all the time and get away with it.

Now, once you condone capital punishment, you are saying don't murder, it's wrong except if the state does it (via execution or the country does it via war)...............makes no logical sense.

Another argument is that as time marches on and we get better and better with DNA profiling, we are learning that many poor innocent people were executed for a crime they did not commit.

One last argument, if someone is really dumb IQ wise, they test out below a certain IQ level, perhaps we should have them in mental care facilities instead of allowed to run amok and reproduce.

Killing is killing period. Even sanctioned by the state, murder is murder.

With that said, I do own a automatic rifle, if someone breaks into my home with a gun they will get one warning to drop their gun, lay down and I will call the police, if they do not comply immediately they will be shot point blank in the head, no leg or arm - but that is only if they break into my home with a gun and I pray to god I never have to do that because anyone that kills anyone even in self defense or sanctioned by the state will have to suffer the laws of karma..........and karma is a &itch.

It is my contention that you are all going to see a rise in killing and violence because our young are being exposed to it on a daily basis in both TV shows and video games.

TPTB and this is a real conspiracy want us to mow each other down, we're doing exactly what they (whomever they are) want - and the majority of you don't even see this.

The violence and the hate must stop.

Start researching how many people are in prison and how many are on death row, next research how many on death row really belong (and have belonged since childhood) in institutions.

Murder is murder, be it execution or war.

Once you sanction murder you have sunk to the exact same level as the person who originally murdered.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Light him up. Limited mental ability or not he still pulled the trigger.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Nice post sir, here is some stats for crime in the US and from what I read it is very up to date.
www.bbc.co.uk...
Regards, Iwinder

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Please you CANNOT blame it simply on video games and TV. There is a larger issue to contend with that.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOrangeBrood

/TOA

Yes, I'm obviously backward for having pity for the innocent instead of for the guilty.

/TOA

So now pity is synonymous with vengeance as well?

Cool story.

You really know how to reinvent the thesaurus.

Who says I don't pity the family? You? Because I don't want to kill the perp means I have no feelings for the victims? I'll ask you not to project my opinion for me, because you obviously know nothing of it.

Let's behave like adults, please.
edit on 22-6-2011 by TheOrangeBrood because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join