It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new comet will hit the Sun in early 2013

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Found this on the internet, two astronomers discovered a new comet which will hit the Sun in spring of 2013.

PanStarrs is still far away, at about the height of the orbit of Jupiter. He moves toward the sun and is closest to the Sun reached in early 2013. Then he will be their closer than Mercury, and if we're lucky, we can see it at sunset on the horizon. The earth does he not suggest there is absolutely no risk. But probably PanStarrs will appear in the relevant Internet forums and YouTube videos as soon as next to cultivated land, new specter ...

www.scienceblogs.de...

(translate from German to English)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnyc55

Maybe this has something to do with that whole comet elenin/nibiru end of the world theory. All I can really give you is speculation, but that's what my mind is telling me. I feel as though this event correlates with those for some reason.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Sorry had to translate it for everyone otherwise no one will take the time to read it.

The chances that we will soon again be able to see a comet with the naked eye, rise, again a bit. Maybe it works in the autumn of this year when cultivated land moves past the earth (and no! Cultivated land is not dangerous). If cultivated land, but too weak should shine, we'll get another chance in 2013. For when a comet comes close to the sun which was recently in the wake of the Pan-STARRS-Duch pattern found.

About the Pan-STARRS project I've ever previously reported. There are four large telescopes (yet not all are) in Hawaii Duch should scrutinize the entire sky. It is found naturally so few and that's a good thing because that's what makes Pan-STARRS that too. It is there just looking for asteroids, the Earth could be dangerous - but is also sometimes something else. For example, a comet:

The bright dots in the picture are all stars - except one, small moves from left to right. That's a comet! Have discovered it, astronomer Richard Wainscoat and his graduate student Marco Micheli (Thesis writing in Hawaii and then discover even still nen Comets - Astronomy is really cool
). Normally, yes, the comet would now bear the names of the discoverers say in the case, "Wainscoat-Micheli" (like "Hale-Bopp" or "Shoemaker-Levy"). But at Pan-STARRS is a large team involved and it has become naturalized in such cases the object to be named after the device instead of the observers. The comet carries so now the official name C/2011 L4 (PanStarrs). The "C" stands for the nature of the comet's path, in this case means it: the comet has an orbit with a period which is longer than 200 years (otherwise there would be a "P", for a comet to human well according to standards periodic returns). "L4 2011" indicates the time of observation. It was discovered is about the 4th of the comet in the first half of June (encoded by "L") of 2011.

PanStarrs is still far away, at about the height of the orbit of Jupiter. He moves toward the sun and is closest to the Sun reached in early 2013. Then he will be their closer than Mercury, and if we're lucky, we can see it at sunset on the horizon. The earth does he not suggest there is absolutely no risk. But probably PanStarrs will appear in the relevant Internet forums and YouTube videos as soon as next to cultivated land, new specter ...

I for one am curious. I've actually never seen NEN comets. (I looked, but I've ne publication of comet observation but I've also just to NEN computer screen does not count anyway) with the naked eye or even through the telescope. It is also about time!

edit on 21-6-2011 by pacofunk64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by pacofunk64

Yeah well the idea was to visit the source...

Thanks but no thanks...

And yeah this may be the elinen and 2012 thing??

edit on 21-6-2011 by jonnyc55 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jonnyc55
Found this on the internet, two astronomers discovered a new comet which will hit the Sun in spring of 2013.

Don't know if Paco*** is a native speaker, going by the translation not - so to clarify - as I've read the source in German - the author clearly states - the comet is only coming CLOSE TO THE SUN NOT HITTING IT - and he also speculates about whether this comet will stir a new hysteria similar to Elenin...

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by 7654321

Originally posted by jonnyc55

Don't know if Paco*** is a native speaker, going by the translation not - so to clarify - as I've read the source in German - the author clearly states - the comet is only coming CLOSE TO THE SUN NOT HITTING IT - and he also speculates about whether this comet will stir a new hysteria similar to Elenin...

Even if it hit the sun, the Sun is massive and extremely hot.. I'm not sure what kind of damage it could do unless the comet were truly massive in size.. kind of like tossing a pebble at a 400lb man?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
If this thread is about C/2011 L4 PANSTARRS, then I can state with confidence that it will NOT hit the Sun. According to current calculations, perihelion (closest approach to the Sun) will occur on 2013 March 11.0, at a distance of 0.3031 AU (approximately 45 million kms). Closest approach to Earth will be on 2013 March 5.5, at a distance of 1.094 AU (approximately 164 million kms).

Interestingly, the descending and ascending nodes of the comet's orbit (where the comet dips below and comes up through the plane of the Earth's orbit) are close to the orbits of Jupiter and Mercury respectively. However, both planets will be nowhere near these locations when the comet arrives.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnyc55

What good is it when it's all in German? Then you have to copy the article and get it translated. Guess it doesn't matter anyways as no one cares.

edit on 21-6-2011 by pacofunk64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by 7654321

Nope not even close...Google translation. It states in the first paragraph that it will come close to the sun so not sure why you need to clarify what's already been stated.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus
Even if it hit the sun, the Sun is massive and extremely hot.. I'm not sure what kind of damage it could do unless the comet were truly massive in size.. kind of like tossing a pebble at a 400lb man?

A better analogy would be, it's like spitting in the Pacific ocean. There will be literally no effect on the sun.

new topics

top topics

join