It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teen's strange dilemma: Botox broke her texting thumbs

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
So I was looking over the news feeds this morning when I ran across this story

Imagine being a 17-year-old girl and having to choose between having drippy, sweaty palms -- or losing the ability to send text messages. OMG!

That’s exactly the dilemma outlined in the latest issue of Archives of Dermatology, in which researchers say that the Botox treatment that helped treat the girl’s excessively sweaty hands also seemed to immobilize her texting thumbs.

What a wounderful dream come true to all us parents of teen daughters...

My now adult daughter is such a text addict that there are days I only see the top of her head as she religiously does her thing hovering over her blackberry... the answer was there all along... botox...

Of course the Doctors had to give this odd but handy ailment an official name “transitory texting impairment.”

now to all you parents of teenage texts addicts remember.. you want your little angel treated for sweaty palms not texting

edit to add link to storyFull story over at MSN

edit on 21-6-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I truly did LOL when I read this headline you posted.

I have nothing further to add except "thanks for the laugh"

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I don't understand - seriously. Why is the article focusing on "texting" when in fact this is an impairment of mobility? What a sensationalistic article (not directed at the OP) and it undermines what could have been a huge problem with dexterity in her life. Thankfully, it's transitory.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

setting all humor aside you are right and any impairment of mobility should have made a responsible doctor say "Enough... we have to stop the treatments..." but this an age where appearance means more than flexible textable...digits.... just proves how at times... vanity overrides common sense
edit on 21-6-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
She must be a nervous person, She would probably have to use a water proof phone.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I think it's funny, going have to show my brother and dad this because that's all they do. They went on a trip together and said they wouldn't use their phones for a week. My brother justed got to the shore and already texted.
Knew it wouldn't last long.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I can only imagine what her hands will feel like when its winter!

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
any people considering botox for them or their kids should just have it injected on their brains and save the rest of us from these ironic but never the less hilarious news.

edit on 21/6/11 by AnotherYOU because: (no reason given)

top topics

join