It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lulzsec Mastermind Arrested In Uk.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

A British teenager suspected of being a mastermind behind notorious international computer hacking group LulzSec has been arrested in a joint police operation.

The arrest of the 19-year-old - named locally as Ryan Cleary - comes just days after the group claimed it brought down the US Central Intelligence Agency's website.

The alleged hack on CIA.gov occurred on the same day Lulz Security opened a telephone request line so its fans could suggest potential targets.

On Twitter, the group wrote: "Tango down - CIA.gov - for the lulz".

The FBI and Scotland Yard launched an investigation immediately and detectives from the force's e-crime unit swooped on the teen's home in Wickford, Essex, on Monday.

Sky news

I must say I am sorry as I am not to imformed when it comes to this Lulzsec but I know a lot of you are. I will get my self up to date then re-write the OP.

ALS
edit on 21-6-2011 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Already posted

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 21-6-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Also it seems he wasn't a mastermind - he simply owned one of the IRC's.

Media-spin since Lulzsec have already denied any of their members / leaders have been caught.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I did search but came up with nothing, so Mods if you feel this should be deleted than do so.

ALS

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Another fallen solider....

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

It's because the other thread has mispelled Lulzsec as Lulsec .. I pointed that out to him to have it corrected, but it does have more information in the responses overall since it's been posted for a while.

He's not their leader and apparently has little to do with the group according to their own twitter feed... it certainly hasn't stopped the DDoS attacks.
edit on 21-6-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by miniatus

Two threads with the same subject can co-exists as long as one is in the News section.
edit on 21-6-2011 by WXBackdoor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by WXBackdoor
reply to post by miniatus

Two threads with the same subject can co-exists as long as one is in the News section.
edit on 21-6-2011 by WXBackdoor because: (no reason given)

I'm not complaining, but it's quite useful to realize another thread is out there that has some additional information.

top topics

join