It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Essex Teen Arrested In FBI Global Hacking Probe

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Essex Teen Arrested In FBI Global Hacking Probe

news.sky.com

A 19-year-old suspected of being a mastermind behind notorious international computer hacking group LulzSec has been arrested in Essex, after a joint operation by the FBI and Scotland Yard.

It comes just days after the group claimed it brought down the US Central Intelligence Agency's website.

The alleged hack on CIA.gov occurred on the same day the group opened a telephone request line so its fans could suggest potential targets.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 21-6-2011 by Vozda because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Breaking Alternative News Guidelines -- Copy the Exact Headline
edit on 6/21/2011 by semperfortis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
IMO this is both good and bad, Good well why hack and destroy for millions of people ,
I mean come on some people spent hundreds of dollars or something then some group called lulsec start to hack and slash everything, spread information on Someone.

But then the good part IMO is that this shows the holes in security and how easy some personal information can leak out , Name, ID number, Card number Etc.

But im more worried over that FBI is still operating all over Europe in this way, who knows how much information they have about us all.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
The LulzSec hacks continue.. one of them being arrested won't stop it..

We're very much affected where I am right now because one of the apparent targets seems to be network solutions which is a major DNS provider .. a good third of the client sites we host are not reachable this morning because they use netsol for their DNS.

The hacks are bringing down the defenseless businesses as well .. and one of them being arrested will probably just bring more in.. if twitter is any indication, they have a lot of wannabes and supporters standing behind them.
edit on 21-6-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
hmmm, has he been arrested, or offered a job?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Vozda

Damn, I was going to twit them an offer they target local ministers here for the act of lunacy.

Oh well, I guess there's always a firey poopbag on the front door of parliament.

*shakes fist at colin barnett*

edit on 21/6/2011 by badw0lf because: to, they... not today!

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by 2012king

He's probably the CIA agent in charge of the Luzsec operation already

/tinfoil

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
www.metro.co.uk...

The ‘Anonymous’ collective named Ryan Cleary as the person responsible for breaching two of its own sites.
The 18-year-old was accused of trying to bring down message boards used by Anonymous members to communicate with each other.
‘We regret to inform you today that our network has been compromised by a former IRC-operator and fellow helper named “Ryan”,’ a post on its AnonOps site said.
‘He decided that he didn’t like the leaderless command structure that AnonOps network admins use. So he organised a coup d’etat.’
Mr Cleary was accused of stealing passwords and targeting the network servers used to keep Anonymous’s websites running.
‘This is not a joke, this isn’t a lie, this is the truth and we are sorry for that,’ the post added. A later update showed a screenshot of a ‘revenge attack’ that gave the alleged culprit’s full name, address and phone numbers.
Mr Cleary, from Wickford, Essex, told a technology website that he and allies had formed a new splinter group in protest at how ‘centralised’ and ‘PR-hungry’ other Anon-Ops leaders had become

Interesting spin on things eh?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
twitter.com...#!/anonesc/status/83148535796740096

"The good news everybody: Ryan has little to do with #LulzSec besides running IRC. All 6 members of @LulzSec are fine and safe." #AntiSec

So he wasn't a leader at all, just the host of the IRC.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
they have no idea how many zombies are on standby mode....

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by miniatus

Originally posted by 2012king

He's probably the CIA agent in charge of the Luzsec operation already

/tinfoil

No not CIA. Just a contracted party to the government.

/blinders

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I had a hacker steel my Id to issue cheques in his name in Miami 2004, said the government dont care unless its a government facility/agency your hacking or you steel more than 5000 from someone,he was arrested few days later by fbi and postal inspectors had been on the run for 5years.find it hard to be mad as he set me up with a hot German girl.

you break the law they will do their jobs,

I was for wikkileeks but not hacking like this.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
LOL, LulzSec lives!
edit on 21-6-2011 by Brentnauer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
i'm going to keep watching lulzsec twitter from time to time, it would be very interesting if the person posting started sounding different. or started asking rogue hackers to "join".

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
You might want to correct the title, I fear people aren't finding this in search because it should be "Lulzsec" instead of "Lulsec"

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Sorry about that Edited it now didnt notice that miss, hope it wount be a problem

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I just jumped on ATS right now, to see if the news was here, and yep it is. I was having my morning coffe and heard the top of the hour news on my terrestrial radio, that "the mastermind" "Lulz security" hacker was busted.
"A 19 year old...."
Just to let you all know what I heard on my end here.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
LulzSec isnt a hacking group, just some prepubescents with a DDOS program, their are probably many tweenagers part of lulzsec, whether this guy is one or not, they will get there's, the only real thing they have succeeded in doing is bringing anonymous's name into a bad light, even though they have done nothing wrong, which is very suspicious.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Spinster

All it takes is to catch one of these ball-less little punks and they will be whining like babies turning everyone and their brothers in.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinfoilTP
reply to post by Spinster

All it takes is to catch one of these ball-less little punks and they will be whining like babies turning everyone and their brothers in.

Yea, I agree those fearful young turks that are working for the feds hacking CIA public sites. I bet they're quivering in their collective boots at the sheer thought of having big bad brother government come down on their heads. /endsarcasm

I have no love for lulzsec, they've done nothing but look like a front from day 1. However, comments like this do nothing but make you appear bitter and dare I say...umad? Really, do you think they're gonna read your immature little insult and get all red faced? Why even post something like that?

Oh yeah, umad.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I believe this 19 yr old is the same
guy from the Anon video phase 1
initiated video.

as I hate re-typing everything as
a lot of these threads overlap
in content.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

now the question is:
will he disappear and you never hear