It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lulzsec claim to have access to UK census data.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

Hmm, you never know. All I know is that it will be an interesting week for this group if that teenager is linked to them. Just imagine all the data they would go through finding his contacts with other members of the groups and arresting them. It would be some publicity for the government with MSM reporting how they saved this and that.
edit on 6/21/2011 by digitalbluco because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
Lockheed responsible for UK census
www.lockheedmartin.com...

And Lockheed was recently *cough* hacked... if you consider having RSA dongles *cough* stolen and then used to *cough* access their network hacking..

Defense contractor Lockheed Martin has confirmed that a recent attack on its network was aided by the theft of confidential data relating to RSA SecurID tokens employees use to access sensitive corporate and government computer systems.
Source

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
They posted a few tweets earlier today advising they would release information if the governments didn't stop the corruption or some like, targeting banks etc and that anon, lulzsec and wikileaks had joined forces.

Then next thing you hear is that their hosting server is seized a pawn is arrested and spread like wildfire through the MSM to be the mastermind.

I think the governments might actually be scared about what these guys have . . .

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by thoughtsfull

Originally posted by hadriana
Lockheed responsible for UK census
www.lockheedmartin.com...

And Lockheed was recently *cough* hacked... if you consider having RSA dongles *cough* stolen and then used to *cough* access their network hacking..

Defense contractor Lockheed Martin has confirmed that a recent attack on its network was aided by the theft of confidential data relating to RSA SecurID tokens employees use to access sensitive corporate and government computer systems.
Source

cough sneeze, and they made a 19 year old as the leader, good to know how tax payers money is going to good use. So i guess that means more business for " ethical hackers "

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Seems LUlzsec are denying it now:

LulzSec The Lulz Boat
Not sure we claimed to hack the UK census or where that rumour started, but we assume it's because people are stupider than you and I.

twitter.com...#!/LulzSec

Or a bluff?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
if you look at the actual pastebin, the format is not the same as the rest of the lulzsec releases. So I would say that this is just some other people who are supporting lulzsec...

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   

not sure about you... but if this data was accessed from Lockheed.. and their reports that someone stole dongles it kinda doesn't come across as anything other than some clandestine operation.

I've had those things (RSA tokens) and you simply do not go round losing one, or not miss one if it was pinched..

Even then if you did manage to steal one given the tens of thousands of companies that use RSA dongles it would be very difficult to identify the company it is related to (I've never seen one that wasn't the standard SecureID branding)

IMHO using just a SecureID token to get into a secure network without alerting the company would be very difficult unless it was well planned and targeted op.. (easier with the help of an accomplice)

And to be honest I don't see that approach (stealing SecureID tokens) as the MO of either Luzsec or Anon.

SecureID Token.....

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

So the people know that their info was breached and that a single group has done it. Brings more awareness to their group, to their cause, knowledge is power. They are targeting lower targets right now apparently. So with rising awareness and more media coverage on them. Regardless of lulzsec intentions, what they are trying to do they are sucessful.

I also agree with such power why only target those groups? Well since we lack insider information about their current missions and agenda I can only speculate. Many more people know about this and will investage into mroe world issues. Trying to maybe figure out why this group exsists. Also calling the hackers to unite to work together is a possiblity. Showing they are not afraid and they can hack government systems.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Looks like that teenager was connected after all.

cnn.com...

London (CNN) -- A teenager has been arrested near London in connection with the hacking of Sony, London's Metropolitan Police said Tuesday. The 19-year-old is suspected of hacking into systems and mounting denial of service attacks against "a number of international businesses and intelligence agencies," police said. Naming suspects who have been arrested in Britain is illegal.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
I didn't bother filling in the Census, I found the questions to be rather intrusive and ended up burning it

They even sent the "cencus police" after me, the guy kept knocking on the door constantly, but I refused to answer and be obidient to that system of control.

It does not supprise me the LulzSec have gone after this information, it provides a welth of usefull nformation that they can then use to widen the anarchic orperations. I would hope that people are not confusing LulzSec and Anonymous, as LulzSec have no pre defined goal and as they self proclaim are only doing it for the Lulz, they are malicious and most probably funded and ran by some Alphabet Government Agency, whereas Anonymous have a goal, yes they may have been infiltrated by certain agencies but their goal at the moment remains true to it's nature.

ATS have a knack of deleting threads that hold "sensitive material", especially with regards to this subject matter... I recently made a thread infact highlighting the FACT that threads were being trashed and deleted in order to keep certain information and ideas becoming widely known on ATS and I was repeatedly attacked by Skeptic Overlord and various mods, simply for bringing up something that DOES happen here on ATS.

Keep up the good work and get ths info out there...

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Probably already posted but

The Lulz Boat
@LulzSec The Lulz Boat
Seems the glorious leader of LulzSec got arrested, it's all over now... wait... we're all still here! Which poor bastard did they take down?

&

@LulzSec The Lulz Boat
Just saw the pastebin of the UK census hack. That wasn't us - don't believe fake LulzSec releases unless we put out a tweet first.

Most believe the 19 year old was Ryan that f'd over Anon.

edit on 21-6-2011 by SeeingBlue because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Well, he was responsible I guess, for the Lulzsec IRC channel. Once that computer was taken, that IRC channel went offline.

HERE is more info.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
What will they gain from hacking the census results? they will now know how many Jedi's are in the UK, it was a pointless document and so is its hacking.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Lulzsec, and anonymous, seem more and more like terrorists to me. They cannot justify stealing personal information as being for the "just cause". That is BS.

vvv

Really? Your gonna throw the T word around? Do you feel terrorized? The word terrorist is the new Comi or Nazi or thars them and thars us. Oh how programmed we have all become by the media. I am all for privacy but didn't the courts just authorize some company to use our facebook data and store it even without express permission the other day? Did this make you feel terrorized?

Reality check every piece of information you give to someone is traded and sold at some stage. Saying a group are terrorists because they take or share information is a fools path you may as well turn yourself in for your mp3 players content by this reasoning. Soon this reasoning shall apply to those who disagree with government policy.

As I said I believe in personal privacy but to brand an ideal as a group which anon is not it is an ideal and then to brand the ideal of fighting corruption terrorism is logically flawed.
I am not an anon sympathizer and I do not approve of many of their methods. But when the game is rigged to let only the corrupt have wins sometimes new rules need to be considered.

DENY IGNORANCE!
edit on 21-6-2011 by Shirak because: to add the ATS motto

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Shirak

While I also can't justify having things like that on the common man, I have to agree with you.

Call LulzSec and Anon terrorists and you might as well put the same label on Zuckerberg, Gates and countless others who have collected our personal data over the years to "help better identify who to cater business for".

top topics

<< 1   >>

join