It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UK media does not know what to report about LulzSec hacker

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
I was originally reading this article that was stating that the hacker LulzSec has hacked the UK Census and obtained all of this years Census forms.

However, I then went to Sky News Web site and the following is shown :-

'A 19-year-old suspected of being a mastermind behind notorious international computer hacking group LulzSec has been arrested in Essex, after a joint operation by the FBI and Scotland Yard. '

So He hacked the CIA then ?

maybe not.

So I then go to the BBC News web site and get a different story again :-

'On Monday the UK Serious Organised Crime Agency (Soca) was forced to take its website offline after it was attacked by Lulz Security hackers.'

Ok so which one is it then, CIA, Soca, or UK Census ?
Sounds like a load of b******s to me.

Links below :-

The Register

Sky News

BBC News
edit on 21/6/2011 by diddy1234 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
All three perhaps ???!

2nd line

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
You haven't considered the possibility that he/they did all 3? Baring in mind that providing you have enough people/computers at your disposal at DDOS attack doesnt take that long to complete. An hour maby at the most.

Technically he could have done all 3 in one afternoon.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:22 AM
link   
There probably isn't one "mastermind" behind the entire group. It takes more than one or two good hackers to pull off some of the infiltrations that they have. By targeting government networks they were inviting a serious investigation, and while they may be good, one should never underestimate the resources of any government.

I have read everything these guys have released, much of it simply ranting/philosophizing, and I would say that they know getting caught is something that is entirely likely. I do not think one arrest will stop them completely...possibly slow them down, depending on what this person, if even a member of LulzSec, was responsible for. The back-to-back attacks also implicate a group rather than an individual, because the amount of preparation alone is staggering...

I don't think they would have made a stupid mistake, like Gary McKinnon did when he supposedly "hacked" Nasa, so identifying these guys...ya, I don't know if I believe any one of them would get caught.

But then again, one must be extremely careful, because there are multiple ways to accidentally leave clues. Time will tell.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
So does that mean Lockheed Martin didn't protect UK data (not surprised) that's going to get them a kickin.. I really thought something like this would happen once the UK Gov decided to pass the information to an foreign firm (kinda feels like a setup)

Anyway if they did go ahead and release the private information of the UK population then I'm sure it'll create the monster that would back restrictions those at the top want to impose. hmm sugar trap anyone.
edit on 21/6/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by diddy1234

LulzSec isn't a single person. LulzSec is a group of various presumably mostly anonymous people. That should probably make things a bit clearer for you there.

Good hackers and even good skript kiddies don't typically get caught, though. Must've been doing something pretty stupid. It's easy enough for those who know how to internets to remain completely anonymous without really worrying about it much. Enough that a meteor falling on a local router and thusly causing an outage is probably more likely than getting caught.

Of course, that does require not being a dumba**.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
reply to post by diddy1234

Funny how I just read in The Sun (I know, it's not exactly prime-reading material, but I like to keep up-to-date on MSM)...

And the person(s) responsible for the Sony Playstation Network hackings is none of than Ryan Cleary, 19, from Essex.

Apparently, he's part of LulzSec too!

top topics

join