It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would happen if aliens were confirmed to be on the earth across all news stations?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
So I was wondering, let’s say tomorrow there was breaking news across all news station across the world. It was confirmed that intelligent aliens do exist and visit this planet earth and even footage of a real alien was broadcast onto TV without undenial proof. What next? How would you react and how do you feel the general population would react to the news?

I’m not even sure if aliens do visit this planet but I just thought it's interesting to think about. I just dont see it happening interms of disclosure tbh, unless the goverment had no choise and the aliens were going to show themselves to the world with or without permission.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
reply to post by OwenGP185

Not a whole lot. Half the people would believe them. One quarter would say it's a false flag of some sort. One quarter would deny their existence because of religious reasons.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Ok, I would laugh. Because it would be nothing new as the cases have already been shown over and over, and while some ignorant today sh** in their pants.. I would be drinking something and relaxing... I would also love the Church fall down as it was no good and believers were better off without it.

I am looking at a report of the thousands of people who gather at the Vatican to see the Pope and among them young boys and girls and I facepalm thinking do they even know what they believe in? the lies of this religious institution.

Let's say that in the news they announced that those conspiracies of getting rid of large part of the population are also true. Of course, that would scare me but I would find one advnatage of getting rid of some of the population - what kind of population needs to be get rid of? Starting with criminals, mafia, politicians who have been lying about it the entire way, religious fanatics and terrorists, people who are too dumb to accept facts and act more and more ignorant living with some old religious understandings. Now you cannot deny the fact that this population needs sorting and cleaning, we are currently like animals, we don't act like anything higher than the animal instincts, the horrible crimes you hear about every day, the corruption, poverty while others get richer and richer.

I am all for cleaning the useless crap of the population, I am all for reducing the population to those that can be human beings with quality. We need it, for the good of humanity, all the crap needs to be cleaned

edit on 21-6-2011 by Imtor because: (no reason given)

link   
i would say hello ask them if they like a beer and move on with a little something called my life (=

Really it's not a big deal at all, we know they are there in our hearts and minds.

Peace

link   
I think most of the people would not react at all if this kind of news would be reported...

we already saw it all...

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
i would ring my parents/close friends and say 'look, i told you so, now thats 20 years worth of beers you owe me'

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Even the most hardened UFo/ET Vetrian would feel a little overwhelmed. It something that has been a long time coming.

We all know the feeling, you want somthing for so long, and all of a sudden you get it. You feel one of two things. Its either more glourious then you ever imagined, or its not quite what you were expecting.

Either way, the impact wouldnt be so important, more the fallout. Religions going nuts etc. But you also have to bare in mind that in 2009 the Vatican acknowledged the possibility of alien life and that if it did exsist it wouldnt contradict ones belive in god. So they have pretty much covered thier back on that one.

However it makes you wonder why they waited 2000 years, then decided to say "its ok, its cool, were down with the et's". Almost as if they knew it was an inevitable event and they were preparing for the near future fallout.
edit on 21-6-2011 by Jademonkey2k because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Common folk would continue working there jobs in order to feed the family/dog/hamster and pay the bills. After they get back from work, then they will have some time to think how alien beings existing on this planet affects them. Then, after realizing it has zero effect they'd sit on there coutch with there family/dog/hamster and watch TV, sleep then wake up, do the chores and go to work.
A bunch of losers would go protesting on the streets, there would be rioting in Vancuver (lol) and such similar stuff for maybe a day or two until they run out of beer. Definitely, the UFO/Alien subject would get even more popular but that's about it.
I mean, if a huge floating space ship would appear in the middle of a major city and stay there, it would be popular on the media for maybe a week or so and that's about it. People would be "OMG OMG" for a couple of days and back to there mundane lives soon afterwards.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

yeah i would agree most people would simply believe it, even without being shown any evidence that they demanded and was shown inorder to take the subject seriously in the first place, and then just dismissed as lies because the T.V. did not tell them it was true.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   
^ NO wait, skeptics wil say it is a hoax even then. That people put costumes.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Wouldn't suprise me too much as I believe there is life elsewhere in the universe.

What I'm on the fence about is whether they are visiting Earth, if they showed an alien on tv with undeniable proof, then I'd no longer be on the fence about it.

Until that happens I'll be on the fence still.

edit on 21/6/11 by Gazmeister because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
I would want to destroy them. DESTROY! DESTROY!

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Tbh I think more would happen then just a few upset religions or more talk about aliens etc. I think a lot of changes would come into effect in terms of technology for instance. Electricity changed the world; the internet is changing the world. We have a perceived superiority over all other life, what happens when it turns out with are not in control, many hidden secrets and lies exposed. I think it would really shake up the Western world, government would have to admit to many things and people would expect world issues to be solved by the aliens rather than government, that is if aliens weren’t hostile, I could even imagine Aliens eventually taking control if the come across helpfull despite the potential of mass deception.

I think the world would change drastically, maybe not instantly but very soon after.. Saying this its not something im expecting, well atleast not in my life time but observing the reaction of the public would be very intresting.
edit on 21-6-2011 by OwenGP185 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
YA know, i reckon independence day had it pretty spot on, with the reactions of the crazies on the rooftops, streets chucking parties etc... it'd be bedlam!

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
TPTB assume if this ever were to happen, our minds would explode causing mass panic across the globe resulting in everyone stabbing their foreheads with pitchforks screaming the world is going to end...

When really, the truth will be more like, all of us being glued to our tv screens in amazement. I'm fairly confident we'll go to work the next day and chat all day with our work mates about it too.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imtor
^ NO wait, skeptics wil say it is a hoax even then. That people put costumes.

And the believers will be screaming "False flag!!!" and "Project bluebeam!!!".

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Well at first, I'm sure there would be a collective, world-wide.. "OMG"
Then it would just be a wait-and-see situation, I suppose.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Even if there were video of Obama on the WH lawn shaking hands with an alien, and then walking into his ship and lifting off, I still wouldn't fully believe it, because we can easily make that happen with CGI. I wouldn't believe aliens are visiting Earth until I met an alien myself, saw 2 forms of intergalactic ID, and then he would have to take me for a ride around the solar system on his spaceship. That's about what it would take for me to be sure.
edit on 21-6-2011 by OMsk3ptic because: (no reason given)

link   

I would react by studying them and their weaknesses so I know how to kill them affectively

link   

Originally posted by OwenGP185
So I was wondering, let’s say tomorrow there was breaking news across all news station across the world. It was confirmed that intelligent aliens do exist and visit this planet earth and even footage of a real alien was broadcast onto TV without undenial proof.

I would be amazed at how well the media handled the situation globally together, and would respect media outlets a lil more for their part in delivering the message.

What next? How would you react and how do you feel the general population would react to the news?

I would call ALL I know and make sure their minds are ok and processing the situation well as it is a major advancement for the Earth species.

I’m not even sure if aliens do visit this planet but I just thought it's interesting to think about. I just dont see it happening interms of disclosure tbh, unless the goverment had no choise and the aliens were going to show themselves to the world with or without permission.

It is interesting to consider. And if they were not permitted somehow
and still showed themselves I would hope its for reasons that would preserve the sapiens sapiens species and not deception. And if ALL LOVE then respect deserved for them taking the extra risk if any involved. I dont know why the EA govz. wouldnt want them to show though-but they may have more sensitive data about them that general public may not.

Good question

Namaste

edit on 6/21/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join