It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Countdown With Keith Olbermann" Returns!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by mishigas
I read the article and my first impression was: liberal leaning.

Please reconsider prior to claiming bias.

And he brought at least some of his viewers with him on his first night out.

Why did they deliberately omit FNC viewers?

The data was in reference to the viewers he brought with him. How many do you think he brought from FNC? I think Keith's likely base of viewers would be more from CNN & MSNBC, no? I see no need to mention FNC in context of viewers he brought with him.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

I'm really surprised and a little disappointed that so many people on this board like the guy.

Isn't this supposed to be a conspiracy site? Olbermann is THE spokesman for total authoritarian government control of the economy, schools, media, and healthcare. How can anybody support that loon?

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Why did they deliberately omit FNC viewers?

The data was in reference to the viewers he brought with him. How many do you think he brought from FNC? I think Keith's likely base of viewers would be more from CNN & MSNBC, no? I see no need to mention FNC in context of viewers he brought with him.

Well looking at it in that perspective certainly changes the spin on it (no pun intended). I'ma read it again.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
dbl post
edit on 22-6-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
right!

al gore
joel hyatt
comcast

all owners in currenttv

wait it gets better!

On February 8, 2011, Keith Olbermann, the former host of MSNBC's top rated program, Countdown with Keith Olbermann, announced he was joining Current as its Chief News Officer and as a stakeholder.

en.wikipedia.org...

"stakeholder"

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Joel Hyatt??
There is a name I haven't heard in years. Glad to see Gore is pulling out all of the stops for his young adult targeted network. How old is Gore Again?? Just another reality TV network as if we didn't have enough already.

Olbermann a stake holder?? also interesting. Let's see, Current had a failed $100 million IPO in 2009 so they sign Olbermann, give him a deal with the hopes that he will pull Current out of the doldrums and into a successful IPO that will be needed to raise some desperate cash.

Current announced that Olbermann will host a nightly news and commentary show on Current TV, and will serve as the company’s “chief news officer.” Olbermann also is slated to own an equity investment in Current Media, the cable channel’s parent company.

Desperate for cash indeed

For 2007, according to the company’s IPO filings, Current Media reported total revenue of $63.8 million, of which just 16% was advertising. The company’s operating expenses exceeded its revenue for each of 2005, 2006 and 2007. For 2007, the company reported a loss from operations of $6.1 million.

I guess we'll have to wait for the next IPO filing to see how they have done since 2007

blogs.wsj.com...

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Comcast's stake in Current is about as small as GE's stake in NBCiUniversal.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join