It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Government on Shortwave Radio

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
This seemed like an approproiate place to post this.
Anyone out there ever listen to shortwave brodcasts (KKN state department stations, or "numbers stations", or the like?)
I would be interested in discussing frequencies and what you
have heard.

FYI, I can recieve

150 kHz - 353kHz Long Wave,
1711 kHz - 30000 kHz Shortwave
plus AM and FM broadcast bands.

[edit on 8/9/2004 by Gary Seven]

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Well, I haven't tried this yet, but I will soon. Any form of hardware that could listen to there brodcasts would be a useful tool and would be a vary thing to use to gather intelligence.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   
I haven't listened in, but would you care to share what you have heard anyways?

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
We should try this around where the dulce is suspected to be...

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I haven't listened in a few years; I was posting to see if those stations were still active or had been trampled in the march of technology.
Numbers stations, if you aren't familiar with them are stations on the HF (High Frequency or, more commonly called, Shortwave band) where the just broadcast strings of numbers. Supposedly cloak and dagger stuff.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Yeah, they're for use with one time pads.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 01:25 PM
link   
do they still broadcast, and if so, on what frequencies and what times?
any information would be appreciated!

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I need to purchase some hardware at a surplus store... I wonder how much I can find out on the radio up in canada, surely they must have some secret projects operating behind the big closed doors. Does any one know where suspected underground bases are supposed to be in canada?

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Umm, I'm not sure what you're on about, but if I figure it out, I'll be sure to let you know.

[edit on 8/10/2004 by Gary Seven]

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
sorry, that was a reply to a post that is only visible if you click the reply button. showed up on the "last poster" but not on the thread...strange!

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
psst.............if you want to hear recordings of Number Stations, click here

zero lift

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I heard Andrews Air Force base giving out an EAM (Emergency Action Message) a couple of nights ago on approx 11.200 Mhz USB (I don't think they use AM or even Fm on HF).
Part of the USAF Mystic Star network I believe.
Totally encrypted of course, but interesting to hear never the less.

[edit on 10-8-2004 by AgentSmith]

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
That's cool. I'm not a readio expert, but I think they do use regular AM on the HF band. My radio can also be set for Upper Side Band, Lower Side Band and Synchronus Demodulation.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I recommend a US magazine called "Monitoring Times".. they have good listings of current numbers stations each month. Also try typing "numbers stations" in on google. There's a society out there (UK based I think) that's devoted to numbers stations.

-koji K.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Cool. Now, does anyone have a military code book, afterall I need to know what there saying.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Here's a web page that I frequent that has some really good information.

SpyNumbers

-Muzz

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Thanks alot, the next time I go on a road trip I'll be sure to stop by the gates of any military base for a few hours and see whats going on....

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Is there some reason I can only see crossofcrimson's posts when I click on reply?

top topics

join