It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian aircraft co makes it big in America goes global, now won't pay taxes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Sikorsky helicopter
Manufacturers of commercial and military aircraft ~

Sikorsky was founded in 1925 by aircraft engineer Igor Sikorsky, a Kiev-born American immigrant.[1] The company, named "Sikorsky Manufacturing Company", began aircraft production in Roosevelt, New York that year. In 1929 the company moved to Stratford, Connecticut. It became a part of United Aircraft and Transport Corporation (now United Technologies Corporation) in July of that year. en.wikipedia.org...

will cancel some operations in Palm Beach County unless they can get out of paying some taxes. Taxes that amount to over 100 thousand a year. This for 14 new positions that pay over 80G each.

This company founded by a Russian immigrant has gone global thanks to getting a start in America and now it is time for a little payback I think.

Palm Beach County could use that hundred thousand a year in taxes and I can't understand the idea behind "profiteering" off the backs of Americans and using the taxpayers money, especially a company that makes a profit off our military selling them aircraft.
Sikorsky already has a State Grant and if approved they will get a Federal Grant and on top of this taxpayer money they want to avoid taxes and be granted exemption status.

Talk about tax evasion and legal no less. It should be a crime.
I think we have to yield to their demands speaking locally but it feels a little like extortion.

Is this patriotic???

Nobody wants to give back.

It is no surprise this country is in debt doing deals like this.

Palm Beach Commissioner are meeting tonight to discuss whether or not to yield to the demands of Sikorsky.
www.pbcgov.com...

www.tcpalm.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Well the way I see it, you guyz also entered Iraq due to Weapons of mass destruction that were never found (surprise?) killed women and children and all that cause of a "mistake". (OIL?). So to be honest you are the last of the people to even talk about LEGALITY.

Not to mention afghanistan...
edit on 21-6-2011 by Alda1981 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Sikorsky - PR News Wire
www.prnewswire.com...

This is the most recent news related to Sikorsky I can find although the story behind the thread ran on local news 12 this morning.
If they don't get the tax incentives here in Palm Beach they will move (at least this new planned part of the business) to Alabama (or Arkansas) and one country outside of the US was bidding for the privilege. I didn't have a pen to get the entire story so sorry some details are sketchy.
What ever happened to loyalty, philanthropy even just doing something because it is the right thing to do?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alda1981
Well the way I see it, you guyz also entered Iraq due to Weapons of mass destruction that were never found (surprise?) killed women and children and all that cause of a "mistake". (OIL?). So to be honest you are the last of the people to even talk about LEGALITY.

Who said anything about LEGALITY?

I'm complaining because they are huge, global profit making corporation merchants to our military and trying to skimp on 100Gs a year that the county needs.
Thanks for your reply.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Almost all of the big corporations today are multi-nationals. There only loyalty is to there share holders wich reside all over the world. So are corporations loyal to nations? Not one bit.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

This is exactly whats wrong with the society. Always point fingers or find flaws with others. No wonder Greece is in such position for a country with a very rich cultural history.

The OP is for a local within the US dispute for taxes and not an international dispute. So I think you can keep your compliments in Greece.
edit on 21-6-2011 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

What a misleading title in both fact and implication

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229

This is exactly whats wrong with the society. Always point fingers or find flaws with others. No wonder Greece is in such position for a country with a very rich cultural history.

The OP is for a local within the US dispute for taxes and not an international dispute. So I think you can keep your compliments in Greece.

So you basicaly say that it's greece's mistake this?

Fact 1: Economic crisis in EU came after the USA one
Fact 2: It happened cause US dollar is goin to hell and needed to attack on Euro to make it survive a bit longer
Fact 3: Even though there are many wrong doings in Greek goverment seek no further than EU it self for the main reason why those things are done.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229

So you basicaly say that it's greece's mistake this?

Fact 1: Economic crisis in EU came after the USA one
Fact 2: It happened cause US dollar is goin to hell and needed to attack on Euro to make it survive a bit longer
Fact 3: Even though there are many wrong doings in Greek goverment seek no further than EU it self for the main reason why those things are done.

Once again, lets stick to the topic. OP is about the Russian Aircraft company and not global economics.

To answer your question, one cannot clap with one hand. Therefore YES, Greece is at fault too. These days there are rotten apples in every country and society.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
actually the op and topic is skewed.

sikorsky was keiv born he came to america in the 20s and started sikorsky its not a russian company.

its an american company with alot of commerical and defense contracts.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
reply to post by newcovenant

What a misleading title in both fact and implication

What is misleading about it? It is the truth. I am implying they are not paying their taxes and want tax exempt status. Why not check into the story and get to know your way around it before you are "misled" any further.

They are saying they will move to a State that will not make them pay taxes. What is up with that? We all pay taxes. I guess if you are a Russian and come to American and start up your own company you can make a fortune off America and the American military and then when you reach a certain position of wealth and power you can just quit paying your taxes.

I guess taxes are for chumps.
edit on 24-6-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
actually the op and topic is skewed.

sikorsky was keiv born he came to america in the 20s and started sikorsky its not a russian company.

its an american company with alot of commerical and defense contracts.

The 100G in taxes they are trying to skate out of is all American dollars and Palm Beach County could use the money. 100G is probably what Sikorsky pays for toilet paper yearly and they want to be tax exempt?

Where is this country supposed to get the money to pay for itself?
Mom and Pop have to pay taxes so the country has roads and bridges and schools so a company like Sikorsky can build a brand make a fortune and then sell us out?
You think they do not also sell helicopters and aircraft to our enemies or our future enemies? Come on. Defending the indefensible....what else is new?
edit on 24-6-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I say we all quit paying taxes and live off government grant money until the government dies off and then we can put them to rest once and for all

top topics

join