It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many Sock Puppets and Dis-information Agents are there on ATS?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I have just come from that latest 9-11 thread that has now been closed but, that did not stop me from going through the thread to make note of the same members as usual spreading their BS about 9-11, which include everything from there being no explosions and bringing down the "3 Buildings" did not require controlled demolitions (I had family and friends there and trust them when they told me there were many explosions) to every sort of typical Government Line, like there was no molten metal...again this is sheer BS.

So, I am asking, is there even one of you out there brave enough to admit your being paid by NSA or some other government agency to spread dis-information and disrupt these forums? Come on, is there even one of you brave enough to admit the truth or are we expected to believe there really are so many imbeciles on ATS. It is either or folks; either ATS is infested with Government Propaganda Agents for this forum has succumbed to the dumb and dumber.

But again I will ask, come on, surely there is one of you Government Sock Puppets willing to admit your presence and why not go on to tell us what you are really up to.

Karma is inescapable.

Karma is inevitable!
edit on 21-6-2011 by MajorKarma because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-6-2011 by MajorKarma because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by MajorKarma

Seven. And ironically enough, all of them are named Steve.

Seriously? People will always have different opinions.
One topic + 5 ATS'ers = 15 opinions.
Conspiracy math.

It doesn't mean they are disinfo agents.

Just my 2 cents. Gotta go to the NSA conference room now, Joyce has a birthday cake.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Is Cass Sunstein in the house? You know you visit ATS, your probably reading this right now.

edit on 21-6-2011 by The_Phantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Sockpuppets there are many i believe.

Disinfo agents, i don't think there are one even on this site.

vvv

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by VreemdeVlieendeVoorwep

Disinfo agents, i don't think there are one even on this site.

OP, they are here....in all their glory.

They will never admit who they are because it's easier to do their job behind a keyboard with an alias so their fellow countrymen won't see them for the treasonous criminals they are.

Unfortunately, there are just about as many trolls who get their jollies trying to debunk everything so people will believe them to be agents. I don't know which of the two is more pathetic.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

The fact is, anyone that does not agree with someone else's theory or belief, or information, automatically gets called a disinfo agent.

It seems "disinfo" agent has become a buzzword that some like to throw around, making themselves look innocent. I would be more weary of people calling out disinfo agents, because they might indeed be the disinfo agents themselves, and use this as a vain attempt to divert attention from themselves.

As for "real" disinfo agents on this site, i doubt it very much.

vvv

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
The only reason I am doing this is because i was promised compensation and in the few years I have been here I havent been paid at all!

Not to mention the "agent" that got ahold of me to begin this has not been seen in quite some time!

Im a government agent! Many of you have accused me of this many times and already know this!

Im also MOSSAD and CIA!

Now wheres my pay check

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   

How many Sock Puppets and Dis-information Agents are there on ATS?,
Just ask the ats to do a poll on who believes in Alex Jones, rush Limbaugh, George bush, Sarah palin, the tea nuts, and the birfers. In addition, fox news and just being a republican, and you will have all the sock puppets rolled up into one.
So that’s say….99.4.00001 of the ats.

edit on 21-6-2011 by Immortalgemini527 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
The US has a huge budget for their alternative media campaign.

I don't know if this is correct, but I've heard that one thing they do is identify trolls on various forums on the web, contact them and ask them if they would like to be paid to troll certain sites.

Judging from what I've seen on here, it wouldn't at all surprise me if that was true. Some topics are always infested with the same people - whose objective seems to be to simply distract, disrupt and derail any meaningful discussion.

Interestingly, these are topics which the government would not like people to wake up to.....9/11, chemtrails come to mind.

It's curious that many topics don't get regularly and heavily trolled, whilst on some there is obviously a group of dedicated trolls who work together and focus almost exclusively on that one topic. It seems to me to be an indication of which topics the Cabal doesn't want to be aired.

Their tactics are very obvious and without exception there is no 'heart' in their communication with others....it's just a wash, rinse and repeat ad nauseum of the same stock phrases and ciruclar 'arguments' (for want of a better word).

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Immortalgemini527

How many Sock Puppets and Dis-information Agents are there on ATS?,
Just ask the ats to do a poll on who believes in Alex Jones, rush Limbaugh, George bush, Sarah palin, the tea nuts, and the birfers. In addition, fox news and just being a republican, and you will have all the sock puppets rolled up into one.
So that’s say….99.4.00001 of the ats.

edit on 21-6-2011 by Immortalgemini527 because: (no reason given)

I dunno about sock puppets, but I believe I just found a BIGGOT

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
I cant help thinking of this whenever I hear the word "sockpuppets"...

But yeah, I'm really not too sure about the whole dis-info subject. I just don't think that anything that is ever posted on ATS is that important to require the presence of agents of dis-information. And I really do think the term is bandied around FAR too much.

Anyone who wants to know what the tactics these dis-info agents would use should read the following: 25 Tactics of Truth Suppression. It's a invaluable source. What it does point out to me though is that people can often use some of those tactics without even realising it - this doesn't make them a dis-info agent though. Far from it.

Having said this, I have little doubt that there are dis-info agents at work all over the internet. A friend of a friend (I know, I know
) was apparently asked if he had ever partaken in internet discussions with the sole purpose of disrupting/changing or muddying the topic of conversation. He was then tasked with doing just that by none other than the Ministry of Defence, who had selected him for training. It was part of a selective training exercise on subterfuge.

So yeah, take that however you like.

As for ATS; I'm not convinced. I mean, even little old me was once accused of being dis-info! Can you believe that?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I found 2 thread discussing the subject in details.

The first one is from Anok
www.abovetopsecret.com:80...

This one is a n interesting read too
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Seven. And ironically enough, all of them are named Steve.

HEY !! I only have one account.

Stop this misinformation.

Don't you know it's the sock puppets who make "Who are the sock puppet" threads, anyway?

Steve.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
The Israeli lobby is pretty well organized around here.

I've spotted a few posters that had me guessing they were posters from Islamic countries trying to push an agenda(supreme leader of Iran thread for example).

Of course, in 9/11 threads there is never a shortage of American soldiers cursing at people.

Should I go on?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Sorry Steve. Didn't mean to "out" you.

My bad.

By the way, come up to the NSA conference room later, Joyce is having cake and punch. It's her birthday.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

No idea, but there's got to be a bunch of them.
If you see one, alert us or let us know via U2U .

The #1 tactic for disrupting threads is not sensible debate or critical thinking... it's vitriol. Stating verifiable facts which are backed up with reasonable evidence leads to healthy debate with the added bonus of educating both sides of the argument.

Throwing about personal attacks, calling those one disagrees with idiots and morons, is twenty times more effective, as the closed thread will show.

Nothing like trollery to mess up a topic.

If only more members would alert staff rather than reply in kind, maybe it wouldn't get to 13 pages before it gets ripped apart with post deletions.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

You know, that is THE EXACT same way paid for posters excuse themselves. (Not saying you are one, just warning you).

So does it make you feel good to post stuff like that when you know it is false? Does it make you feel like the big comedian? Or are you just trying to have a little fun at the expense of other posters? Are you trying to minimize certain issues? Or are you so ignorant that you can't see a few steps ahead of your own moves? Or of course the last option, just plain stupid?

Because when the things we talk about on the site are real, what you are doing becomes a very snake like move. Think about it.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

I've reported people, no action has been taken.

When anyone can do a google search and see that false information is being spread by what I guess to be trolls.

It had to do with the zionist agenda. Care to explain that one?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini
reply to post by beezzer

You know, that is THE EXACT same way paid for posters excuse themselves. (Not saying you are one, just warning you).

So does it make you feel good to post stuff like that when you know it is false? Does it make you feel like the big comedian? Or are you just trying to have a little fun at the expense of other posters? Are you trying to minimize certain issues? Or are you so ignorant that you can't see a few steps ahead of your own moves? Or of course the last option, just plain stupid?

Because when the things we talk about on the site are real, what you are doing becomes a very snake like move. Think about it.

I'll go the easy route and say I'm just plain stupid. It saves time.

Look, we're on a conspiracy site. We're all going to be a wee bit paranoid. But just because someone disagrees with your premise, don't look for NSA, dark nefarious agents, or sock-puppets. It could be that someone just disagrees.
Occams' Razor.

And yes, I do enjoy some humour every now and then. Lightens the day.
Regards,
Beez

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   

So you ask "How many Sock Puppets and Dis-information Agents are there on ATS?"

Well, not as many as there are threads complaining about, accusing or imagining that there are Sock Puppets and Dis-info agents on ATS.
*Sigh*

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join