It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pass legislation to mandate drug testing for welfare recipients

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Sword
reply to post by ButterCookie

Oh my goodness, the ignorance on this issue.

I suggest you look at the costs of implementing and enforcing such a program.

You will find that it's just not worth it.

Once again.....

I understand that the costs would increase to do this. But look at the implications if it is not done.

Drug testing and population control of Welfare Recipients:

Less babies being born of unstable parents
Ending the poverty cycles of welfare recipients reproducing to produce the same results of their children
Less abuse in the welfare system
More productive, responsible citizens
More adults returning to school to learn new trades, skills, and a better sense of well being

The benefits will eventually outweigh the costs.

AND

Lots of people are stating that my support of population control is horrible.

Even if we don't sterilize, the least the government should do is stop rewarding irresponsible women when they CONTINUE to have children in their situation.

It sends the wrong message....

Do not increase food stamps with every birth. Eventually, the mother will see that it is not a wise decision to keep having babies that she can't feed.

Do not increase the amount of a Section 8 Housing voucher. If she continues to have babies, allow her to see how uncomfortable it is when space is limited (hint hint, population control for the planet.....)

Do not increase welfare checks. She will not be able to provide and clothes and diapers, once again seeing that this was a bad idea to keep having babies without a job

Do not provide free childcare with new births. If she can't work or go to school because she can't afford daycare, she will get the point

Is this harsh? Perhaps

Is it real? YES

This is how you wake people up.

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

And when all those people have no alternatives what will happen?

Btw, Florida did exactly that: drug tested welfare recipients and guess what?

The program costs many times more than what it "saved", because the premise proved to be hugely false.

The idea that everyone on welfare is a lazy druggie breeder is simply false, an excuse to not pay taxes.

However, if you truly want to regulate welfare, let's start with the big welfare queens, the corporations, and test every board member for drugs and dictate to them what they can spend their money on if they want a bailout.

new topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join