It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has Deadly Force Ever Been Used at Area 51?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
We've all seen the signs warning trespassers that they can be shot on sight but I'm curious, does anybody know of any instance where someone actually has been shot dead trying to enter Area 51? Is it a bluff? (not that I would call it) Have people been beaten or otherwise physically abused?

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   
We have taken a look at alot of aspect of the oepration of Area 51 in the research thread on it. People have been arrested and questioned, but no physical violence has ever been reported. It is possible that people may just dissapear there, but there would be plenty of reports if that occured.

A group of greenpeace protestors snuck into the Papose Lake area (S-4) and were simply arrested for tresspassing.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Yah, they don't really want to raise more attention, afterall, its, "Not there" or, "Not opperational". With a little sense, I can assume that all they'll do is arrest you (Although I wouldn't push it).

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Fred, what, exactly, would there be at Area 51 for Greenpeace to protest? And when was this?

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I believe that Deadly force has surely been used at Area 51 over the years, but it is most likely kept secret so as not to alarm the general public.

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Homyrrh
Fred, what, exactly, would there be at Area 51 for Greenpeace to protest? And when was this?

Area 51 was not the target. They tried it as a back door to get onto the Nevada Test to try to block atomic testing. The skirted part of Area 51 and crossed Papose Lake aka S-4. It was in 1983

www.ufomind.com...

posted on Aug, 12 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Thanks, now the puzzle pieces fit a little better.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 02:32 AM
link   
A few years ago now, I went on a Grand Canyon helicopter trip from Las Vegas. Being an ATS member, I was naturally interested in my proximity to Area 51. I asked the helicopter pilot about A51 and he said it was the only place he had ever seen on a chart that specifically said that crossing into this airspace would be met with deadly force.
I wonder if small planes have been shot down and then covered up by claiming it was an accidental crash.

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by mad scientist
I wonder if small planes have been shot down and then covered up by claiming it was an accidental crash.

Its a big desert, and unless the plane was reported missing, it had to have filed a flight plan and the FAA would have to expalin its loss somewere. Not to mention if we had a "Nevada Triangle" People would start asking questions. But you never know.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
you guys do realize that the people that work at these places are just like you and me. kids. families. not evil like you guys seem to think.

I believe that Deadly force has surely been used at Area 51 over the years, but it is most likely kept secret so as not to alarm the general public.

see.. that is called a guess.. or disinformed individual making false claims. thats how half these rumors get started.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   

you guys do realize that the people that work at these places are just like you and me. kids. families. not evil like you guys seem to think.

Evil or not, if a person or persons violates an area that has authorization for deadly force, whos to say it hasn't been used in the past, or that it wouldn't be used in the future? I think it's a fair question, a little sensationalist, but fair just the same.

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by echoRanger

I don't think its evil. I doubt that anybody has ever been killed encroaching into area 51. If people or planes started disapearing, way too many questions would be asked drawing even more attention to the base.

IMHO it would be a cool place to work. However, alot of the activities that go on thier are pretty mundane like maint. food service, janitorial stuff etc. Just like any other base.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
No, but people have been Arrested out there! The Deadly Force is a last resort. The Government doesn't want to draw ANY attention to the base by killing people if they can avoid it. If you were dumb enough to try to fly into Groom Lake, you would be interceped by an F-15 from Nellis and forced to land. As soon as you land the Military police would arrest you and put you in jail.

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Its a big desert, and unless the plane was reported missing, it had to have filed a flight plan and the FAA would have to expalin its loss somewere. Not to mention if we had a "Nevada Triangle" People would start asking questions. But you never know.

Just a side note, you are NOT REQUIRED to file a flight plan on VFR (visual flight rules) flights , You are allowed to for safety, but it is not mandatory.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ghost
No, but people have been Arrested out there! The Deadly Force is a last resort. The Government doesn't want to draw ANY attention to the base by killing people if they can avoid it. If you were dumb enough to try to fly into Groom Lake, you would be interceped by an F-15 from Nellis and forced to land. As soon as you land the Military police would arrest you and put you in jail.

Right guys, let's remember, they give people warnings... Planes getting too close are radioed, "You are nearing restricted airspace, change your course immediately." People on the ground that get too close get mean-mugged by the Wackenhuts.

Zip

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Like most people said, whoever is out there mostly tourists and such will most likely get arrested and a fine for trespassing on Government property. I'm sure deadly force is a last resort for someone entering gov't controlled base.

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   
People just like you and me work as petty bureacrats too, but something strange happens when they are given authority over you. Give them a gun (like border guards) and it's even worse. Some of them become truly evil. Now give them a licence to kill........(shudders)

That's why I'm sure it hasn't happened. Too many people would be just itching to bag a human so there must be some sort of secret yet exacting set of criteria which must be met before the trigger is pulled.

posted on Sep, 11 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by deevee
so there must be some sort of secret yet exacting set of criteria which must be met before the trigger is pulled.

Yeah, like a dangerous threat - a man walks toward the area with a gun. Incidentally, the cops down the street are also authorized to use deadly force when met with this "secret yet exacting set of criteria."

Many regular coppers also "itch to kill."

Zip

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   
i found out on another site that the cammo dudes have harrased people in thier helicopters by flying over them and making the dust fly everywhere.

posted on Sep, 12 2004 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I have been reading this board for about 7 months a member for 3-4. The more I read about Area 51 the more I believe that it is now just there to keep our focus off other bases. We spend so much time dwelling on what happens at area 51 that I start to wonder what may be going on at other bases that aren't top secret. I think we should probably focus our attention elsewhere. Like bases that are right in fron of our noses. Just my two cents. Take it for what it's worth but I am beginning to get real skeptical on area 51.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join