It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Europe's earliest human remains discovered....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Ancient remains uncovered in Ukraine represent some of the oldest evidence of modern people in Europe, experts have claimed.

Archaeologists found human bones and teeth, tools, ivory ornaments and animal remains at the Buran-Kaya cave site.

Source: www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Wow its amazing that so much is still to be found for us to learn about and this would confirm so many theories about how Europe came to be populated.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Thanks for that Jimbo, was interesting to read.

They state the fact the caves were found in 1991 and it is just having light shed on it now 10 years later (First time I have heard of this) and I doubt it would hit the news papers front page to interest people probably just a small column on page 34 where no one actually bothers to read properly.

Good find though

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Great find S & F

I dunno...

I question her findings. She doubts Cannibalism took place yet the bones were fractured and found among various other animal bones. Then states that the marrow was still present which to her indicates they weren't cannibalized etc. Meanwhile the "Longest bones" were missing. Which are the best location for marrow coupled with the fact that the bones show cut and scrap marks which are classic indications of Cannibalism etc.

Remember this is supposedly from 32,000 BC which was during the ICE AGE one could imagine food being scarce. Wouldn't be the first time cannibalism took place or.. [Maybe it was]

One thing that intrigued researchers was the scarcity of human long bones (bones from the limbs) in the caves. The site yielded countless limb bones from antelope, foxes and hares. Cut marks on human bone (L.Crépin/CNRS) Remains at the site bear cut marks where stone tools were used to remove flesh

But the human remains consisted of vertebrae, teeth and skull bones no larger than 12cm. What is more, the positions of cut marks found on the human fragments were distinct from those found on the animal bones. And while the bone marrow had been removed from butchered animals, it had been left alone in the case of the human remains at the site, explained co-author Sandrine Prat from the French National Centre for Scientific Research (CNRS) in Paris.

new topics

top topics

join