It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4800 Aussie sites evaporate after hack .. Lulzsec???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
Motive? Who benefits?

There were no lulz in this attack -- nothing funny. It may have pointed out lax security; but it also actually brought harm to a lot of people. That smacks of CIA/government type black OPS.

They want the public to stop loving Anon and Lulzsec.

They also want to rationalize more government crackdown on internet freedoms.
edit on 6/21/2011 by wayno because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:48 AM
link   

Call for harsher cyber laws after Distribute.IT attack

www.news.com.au...

^car wreck in slow motion.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
If this were a false flag it would have been against something important that people might care about like say for example a bank or credit card company.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I doubt very much that this was an attack from lulzsec of anonymous as i think this was way above boths groups skill level to cause this much damage.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Samuelis

Originally posted by Grey Magic
I wonder why there weren't any backups and if the Hosting Provider is liable for this.

Good thing I have backups of all my websites, including databases just in case... I even got my backups backed up. Also having the domain names on a separate server helps too. Granted it is an inconvenience when it comes time to push the domain name (DNS info) to a different server and uploading the files and databases, but it's way easier dealing with customers verses saying we have to wait for the hacked server to be repaired with an unknown time.

I learned a long time ago that backing up my backups was a wise choice and having a backup plan with customers is even a wiser decision.

edit on 6/21/2011 by wyldwylly because: (no reason given)

edit on 6/21/2011 by wyldwylly because: clarity

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
This story was just on George Negus 6:30 report. And he made several false statments that LulzSec was the culprit. This is prime time tv here in Australia.

They also stated that the average age of LulzSec members is 12 or 13, being that when your 15 you are "washed up".

The old "straw man" is at work here in Australia too.

edit on 22-6-2011 by Samuelis because: speelling

top topics

<< 1   >>

join