It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please pray for my mother and family

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I,am a Christian,which you all know.For the last year my mother has been fighting breast cancer,had surgeries, they took one breast and a kidney.Now its in her other breast.Her name is Ruth,she is 71.I,lost my dad last year from medical problems,his lungs. The last 2 weeks,she was in hospital with a kidney blockage.They were able to fix that.She was doing chemo,they stopped that last week.The last 4 days.she started having real bad breathing problems and couldn't eat and drink a lot.We,have been praying for her and the pastor keeps coming by today.
Today,I,spoke her for a min and she knew me.She said hi baby,I,LOVE YOU.then she started to cry and laid back down,my sister said.She then goes back into another state of mind.They put her on oxygen today,maybe a cath in the morning and admit her in the hospital,in the morning if she makes it.They don't think she will make it through the night.All I,have is my faith,that I,will see her again and she is will be going home to Jesus and my dad.She keeps saying hurry ,hurry,then says dad come and get me.My sister says she talks to Jesus. She is suffering so much,she can't pain meds,allergic to them or they make her see things.I,don't want her to suffer no more.I,don't want to lose her neither.In my heart I,know she is going to a better place.My faith and belief tells me this.I,believe GODS WORD AND THE BIBLE.Will keep you all updated.I,know my mom is save to and my dad.My sister keeps me informed on her.She is in OREGON AND I am in south carolina...........Hug your loved ones and tell them you love them.You never know when it will be the last.Dear Jesus please take care of my mom and dad until I come home.If its time for mom,I,RELEASE HER TO YOU LORD.I,don't want her to suffer no more.She is staying for our sake..I,don't want her to go,but I,know she will be in a heavenly place with you,with no more tears ,illness,or anything bad,or evil.In jesus name amen

edit on 20-6-2011 by venusstarlite because: missed some words

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I would pray but I'd like her to have at least some chance.

"Every few years, a group based at Hertford College at Oxford puts together a statistical analysis of all the studies conducted to date that have looked at whether praying for sick people helps them get better (or at least stay alive).

The latest has just been published, and it contains something pretty radically new in their conclusions: the evidence is now so clear cut that they think that no more studies should be done. The book is shut. Praying for sick people simply doesn't work."

(I knew praying didn't work since I have never had a prayer "answered" in my life!!)

Thanks to BHA Science Group for the story. Incidentally, it is a very interesting blog!!

I hope you find comfort in your faith, it's not going to have any more of an effect past that.
edit on 20/6/11 by Imhotepsol because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by venusstarlite

I was really sick for a long time, and in a lot of pain and suffered horribly. I would say that as bad as life can get, it is always better than the alternative. So, don't feel bad about how you imagine she must feel, because you can't really know. Be happy for her that she is able to still be alive. Don't feel bad or imagine she could somehow be better off dead. I can tell you now, that I am better and survived it, that I have suffered as much as a human being possibly could, and never wished I was dead.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

This is a most difficult time for you. I have been there too, as I am the only remaining member of my family. Allow yourself the freedom to grieve as you see fit, but be sure to focus on her life and not on her passing. Like you, I hope there will be no suffering. Sending you lots of light and love.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   

My dad was recently in a similarly bad way and we all believed it terminal.

But fortunately, God has given him a little longer with us.

I'll pray for you as I believe that prayer is effective! I have seen too many almost unbelievable things come about as a result of prayer.

But just to qualify that, it isn't the prayer, it's who you address it to that counts.

Take heart in that all things work together for the good of those who love Jesus.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Imhotespol.

Says who? Who said helping them is keeping them alive? Realize most souls who pray for people they are asked forget and don't put heart into it.

But realize this. There have been stigmatist saints who had faith enough to bring the dead back to life.

God might prepare the soul instead of keep them alive. The graces recieved from someones prayers might help that soul find comfort in facing death.

I need to ask you something. Are you Catholic? And have you heard of the 15 st bridgette prayers?

What is your moms name?
edit on 20-6-2011 by JesusisTruthh because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-6-2011 by JesusisTruthh because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Your Mother, you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. We live in a realm where there is misfortune but we are all loved very very much. You remember that and don't let noone tell you otherwise.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Let her go home vensuss - pray for the beautiful journey she is about to take. Hold her hand but allow her to go. This is about her now!
Pump her with all the pain relief you can and help her with your Love!

When God calls us home - nothing on this earth can keep us here - all we can do is help her passage.

God Bless you and I pray for her release!

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Prayers going from me to you and your family.

I am sorry for this time you are going through.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Imhotepsol

Oh,yes,I,do still have faith and hope for her to live.I,pray and still praying for a miracle.I,do believe in miracles.Its all in GODS HANDS NOW.But,thank you for your prayers.I,DON'T WANT HER TO DIE NEITHER,she is just 71,that is young.Its just she is really bad now,only God and his healing hands can save her.By Jesus stripes we are healed.This is my faith and belief.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Thank you
prayers are miracles and faith and trust in our lord and savior.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Travel through the realms of Heaven
Until we meet again
When once more we'll travel together
Without heartache and pain

When once again you see the Light Mom
Know that your peace awaits
A Rainbow full of splendour, awaits you at the gates

Tears of silver jewels will fall like beautiful rain
But happiness will warm you until we meet again
An album full of memories will never be erased
Every single one of them will be forever praised

So go forth upon your journey, where they've saved a place for you
Where the wings of Angels have made your bed, In a meadow of sunlit dew
Wrapped in the arms of Jesus within His Golden Light
His healing touches your very soul and renews your very sight.

I'll light a special candle and hold it up to you
I've always held that candle and will hold it high above
For a very special Mother that I will forever Love
Goodnight God Bless

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Amen to you,Yes,I,do know my friend.As it is I,have chronic myloide leukemia.In and out of remission.Chemo,makes me sick some times.God says its not my time yet.I,was diagnose nov/2004.I,don't want to lose her.I,just am saying,if God takes her,I,know she will be going to a good place.Oh my,I,want to keep her as long as I,can.Sorry,if you all took me wrong.I,talked to her dr.and nurse,it just doesn't look good.But I,won't stop believing in a miracle and I,do believe in prayer and faith and trust in my lord. I,cherish every day I,have and don't take it for granted.My mom has her faith,She said she was ready,if God was ready for her.But she is suffering so bad,they can't give her no pain medicine to make her comfortable.This hurts my heart to hear her in so pain.She just cries and hurts so bad.She also signed a no resuscitation.So we have to go by her wishes.If it was me,I;d keep her as long as I,could.But she wants no tubes or machines.So,we are going by her wishes.Thank you for your prayers and concern.Going to see if I,can get some sleep.The phone rings about every 2 hrs,updating me(from my sister).Because I,can't get there.That hurts me,I,can't be there with her now..

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   
You are with her and will always be. It's where your heart is not your body that matters.

Tell me why they can't give her pain relief???

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by aboutface

Thats what my family are doing,talking about all the good times. Remembering her the way she was.Will post some pictures of her later,maybe.Why mom was able to talk ,we did talk about all the good times.She would say baby don't worry about me,I,will just fine.She was always butting me first.That's mom,always putting us kids first above herself.She say don't fuse over me,I,am fine,then laugh.My mother use to sing,she sounded like kitty wells.She has a beautiful voice.All is left is my sister and me.Also some aunt and uncles and their families.She has 2 brothers and a sister still alive.She was out of 7 kids.I,am going to try and call her in the morning,to see if she can still talk and know me,like today.She is 3 hrs behind me.Her pastor is with her and hospice nurse and my sister and her husband.If she makes it tonight she will put in the hospital tomorrow.I,keep saying I,bind her sickness and the devil.By Jesus stripes she will be healed.In Jesus name amen.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by chr0naut

AMEN AMEN
I,GIVE TO OUR LORD JESUS CHRIST,BY HIS STRIPES WE ARE HEALED.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by quedup

This is so beautiful,I,am crying as I,write this.Thank you so much! I,cried while i read this.I,will pass this on to my family.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by quedup

SHE IS ALLERGIC TO EVERYTHING.They tried patches and pills and liquid form.Either she allergic or they make her hallucinate.I,mention so many pain meds.my sister none works.She can't have morphine,or demoral or newpanei asked about a lot of them.If she gets admitted in the morning.Maybe they can find something.She had a fental patch to.She keeps breaking out in rashes and her breathing gets worse.The cancer is 4 on her chest and side.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruthh

I,am a baptist,but I,claim I,am a follower of JESUS CHRIST.Churches today are hot and cold.I,go by my bible and GODS WORD.I,never took my membership from my church.I,believe in jewish ways to.My mothers name is RUTH,SHE IS 71.I,believe in miracles and prayers.True I,want to keep her,but she is GODS CHILD LIKE US.He only loans them to us then they go home back to him,like us.I,know I,will see her in heaven and dad.I,leave all this GODS AND JESUS CHRIST HANDS.I,have faith and trust in my lord. Thanks for all the prayers.I,am not ashamed of my lord and i will stand and speak up of my faith.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Myrtales Instinct

Thank you and IN JESUS CHRIST NAME AMEN.MAY GOD BLESS YOU AND YOU STAY SAFE IN JESUS ARMS.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join