It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Order of the Eastern Star - Must Be 3rd Degree Master Mason?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I was not aware that the order of the eastern star was a branch off of (or i beleive the term is a 'chapter'?) of masonry, or is it?

as depicted in this illustration...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5ac4ef947f97.png[/atsimg]

I thought that the order of the eastern star was a completely separate entity ( i suppose foolish of me? ) but it seems that anyone part of the order of the eastern star is also at least a 3rd degree master mason.

is this correct?
edit on 6/20/2011 by indigothefish because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

They're affiliate lodges that can use the masonic lodges for want of a better description.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
third degree is minimum requirement to acess most masonic branches yes

the old proverbial foot on the door, but the head must follow

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
aaaaaaaaaah!

a light bulb in my mind is now lit, thanks for posting

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Greetings,
The Eastern Star is the women version of the Masons.

Men do not belong. However they can attend meetings.

All Masons in good standing are 3rd degree.

Don't forget to drag in the teen age groups.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by GeorgeH

And it used to be that the Eastern Star could only have an official meeting if 3rd degree Mason was present. Not sure if that still holds true or not. However, so long as the meeting wasn't business related, they didn't need a Mason present. Like deciding to go shopping for personal items together or a quasi-group trip for fun.

But something along the lines of using group funds to purchase materials for say a pancake breakfast as a fund raiser would require a Mason to be be present. Since Eastern Star is an offshoot of the Masons.
edit on 20-6-2011 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by GeorgeH

Order of the Eastern Star:www.easternstar.org... is of which both men and women belong.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
Yes the Eastern Star is the Woman's side of the fraternity, which also has Jobs Daughters for the Teens I believe.
Although the group/s are a family based one, I am only an active member of my local Blue lodge, and as an Officer in the Commandery.

The system is like a series of rungs on a ladder, at each step their is a honorary degree and a separate section of the fraternity. Basically the more active you are in the charities, meetings and fund raisers for the community, the more open the options for climbing that ladder.

Very simple friends and family atmosphere, I have never seen any unusual activities in an accepted lodge, cant speak for the clandestine ones, they are not officially recognized.

And for every ones information, I was an ATS'er, w a y before joining the lodge. My loyalties are chronological as well, fyi.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

it accepts women but its not just for women, its also for men who want to experience freemasonry in a mixed gender environment, and other recognized masons who dont mind working with women.

started mostly with being a place for mason's wives

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by indigothefish

as depicted in this illustration...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5ac4ef947f97.png[/atsimg]

Hi OP, do you mind posting the full illustration ? Please and thankyou .

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by indigothefish

The Eastern Star is an organization that is affiliated to the Masonic Fraternity. For men to join they must be a Master Mason in good standing and for women to join they must be related to a Master Mason. The presiding officer is a woman, but has...an advisor of sorts that is a Master Mason. If I was staying in Idaho I'd be next year's Associate Patron (I sit with the 2nd woman in command also called the Associate Matron).

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

Here is an illustration that I made up, but I am missing the Jesters that branches off the Shriners and also the Rectified Scottish Rite (RER) that branches off the Order of the Temple (Knights Templar).

EDIT: Also forgot to mention I completely forgot the White Shrine. I guess I need to redo this image.

edit on 21-6-2011 by KSigMason because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by KSigMason

Many thanks for posting reply KsigMason.

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by 13th Zodiac

No problem at all. The OES is an amazing organization. While I've been deployed they have been sending me care packages regularly.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

heres a couple more for ya.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
I'm not sure about "Job's Daughters" ...but I grew up in Masonry - it was "The Order of the Rainbows" that I was initiated into. Dad was a mason, mom OES. Dad went to the OES meetings too. When I got old enough, I went into OES.

I should add that I have not been active for years, the group is too Christian for my taste.
edit on 24-6-2011 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

The International Order of Job's Daughters is similar to the Rainbow Girls. In my state at least, the Jobies are slightly larger, but both groups are great and both are well supported.

top topics

join