It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Latest Presidential Poll - Vietnam Veterans

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 08:45 AM
link   
VIETNAM VETERANS FOR ACADEMIC REFORM

The University of Kansas Student Auxiliary

V.V.A.R.: Leading the student revolt on campus against speech codes, political correctness, multiculturalism, gender feminism, dormitory re-education, lying about Vietnam, and other instruments of academic oppression.

LATEST PRESIDENTIAL POLL RESULTS, VIETNAM VETS

This is an ongoing poll. Please send any data to Magruder44@aol.com.

Results as of August 1, 2004:

(*** indicates new data)

Our estimate now is that 80% of all Vietnam vets oppose Kerry.

When the opinions of Vietnam vets are aded to all other vets in national polls you will see the gap narrowing, but still significantly in favor of Bush. So what this is telling us is that Vietnam vets have some special reason for opposing Kerry, a reason the media should be reporting to the public. But isn't.

GROUPS WITH DATA

6 Vietnam vets this weekend at HS reunion, all oppose Kerry. - Dan Haney, 602nd Air Commando Sq., A1 pilot '67

Out of 45 Vietnam veterans... all say pooh on JFK...100% - powmiavets

Our heli-vets pol shows 160 against and 6 for Kerry. - Ron Leonard-25th Aviation Battalion

I know about 650 Vietnam vets and their attitude toward about Kerry is 100% negative. - Dan Decker, TSgt.USAF (ret.)

I know thousands of vets. I would say the opinion is about 98% against Kerry. - Tony Cartlidge-Vietnam Combat Marine- 1968

Of 27 Vietnam Veterans I know, including myself, not one is willing to vote for John Kerry. - Charles Banto- USMC 1958-1974 -2 tours in Vietnam

100,000 e-mails, almost all veterans, around 100 to 1 against Kerry. - Don Bendell, Special Forces, Vietnam, 1968-69, noted author

Out of 25 guys 85%-95% against Kerry. - Mike- mleonardos

240 vets, mostly Vietnam, 85% against Kerry. - Tony Newcomb, Cpt.U.S.Army (ret.)

Of the more than 2500 veterans of all ranks who responded , 59 took umbrage with what I had to say (against Kerry). - Mark A. Smith, former POW, Vietnam, Holder, Distinguished Service Cross

An ongoing poll, with names and comments at 11thcavnam.com is running 16 for Bush, 4 for Kerry (80% for Bush).

12 Vietnam vets, all of whom are against John Kerry. - Vietnam vet, Tom Taylor

A summary of individual votes sent in to V.V.A.R. is running 12 for Bush, 3 for Kerry.

I'd make the numbers 80 to 20 against Kerry. - Philip Topps, Cpt. Inf.(ret), 1st Inf. Div. 69-70

100 against Kerry - 0 for him. - Storrs Warinner- F-4 pilot Ubon 67-68

***17th Annual Reunion - out of 55 vets all against Kerry. - Bob Griffin - 101st Abn. Div. Vietnam 1968-69

***99 for Bush - 1 for Kerry. - Don Martin, USA, combat aviation

***Vets - union factory workers - 170 for Bush, 73 for Kerry - Tony Newcomb, Veterans Leadership program

GROUPS WITH NO DATA

Every vet we know is opposed to Kerry. - Chuck and Mary Schantag, P.O.W. Network

Rangers are 100% against Kerry. - noatlmus44 - President

Every veterans I've talked to is against Kerry. - Major General Carl Snyder (ret.), Air Force, Korea and Vietnam.

I am anti-Kerry, as are most of my friends who are Vietnam veterans. - Stud 369

I share the distrust I hear from my veteran colleagues. - Peter McHugh, CW4 USA -67-68,71-72

I would say 90% of the military here (power plant) are against Kerry. - P.Rein

***All the vets I know, probably 50, have no use for Kerry. - John Morrill - Vietnam veteran

This article may be reproduced in any form.

www.i-served.com...

[edit on 9-8-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Not a very scientific poll. I see one guy claims to know thousands of vets and none of them are for Kerry. I challenge him to name the thousands of anti Kerry vets that he supposedly knows.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
.....and what is this meant to be anyway?

Proof of what. exactly?

What is the great secret the VV's apparantly know all about but is being so incredibly well hidden from everyone else - even on this site?

Cat caught your tongue?

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
.....and what is this meant to be anyway? What is the great secret ... Cat caught your tongue?

1- it's a poll for Vietnam Veterans and they are looking for more
input from Vietnam Veterans. It also shows some of what they have
received so far.

2- What secret? What are you talking about?

3 - the Cat thing makes no sense.
Again ... what are you talking about?

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 09:24 AM
link   

VIETNAM VETERANS FOR ACADEMIC REFORM

The University of Kansas Student Auxiliary

V.V.A.R.: Leading the student revolt on campus against speech codes, political correctness, multiculturalism, gender feminism, dormitory re-education, lying about Vietnam, and other instruments of academic oppression.

Thank God there are people out there fighting the good fight against those liberal, pinko, commie, scum, bastards!

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

1- it's a poll for Vietnam Veterans and they are looking for more
input from Vietnam Veterans. It also shows some of what they have
received so far.

2- What secret? What are you talking about?

3 - the Cat thing makes no sense.
Again ... what are you talking about?

- Oh come on; you said it, you'll find it in your original posting.....

So what this is telling us is that Vietnam vets have some special reason for opposing Kerry, a reason the media should be reporting to the public. But isn't.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   
.....of course all this sucks up airtime that might be used looking at what George 'dubb-ya' did (or did not) do during the Veietnam war, doesn't it? Hmmmm?

I mean Air National Guard 'champagne squadron (thanks to daddy & friends.....and certainly not his risible test scores, huh?) thousands of miles away in continental USA versus actually being there in Vietnam.

LMAO.

You guys, you are funny.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Ahhhhhh ... sminkypinky .... now I'm following you.
It took a minute. I see what you are asking now.

That wasn't my comment. That came from the
site. That's what the person collecting the data
says. However ... my GUESS is that the
'special reasons' Vietnam Vets have for opposing
John Kerry are the same as those that can be
found at the thread titled -

'Kerry lied about Christmas in Cambodia'

As a non-Vietnam veteran, I oppose him based on
his lies, his non-values, and his 'war' record of
three months + three scratches = out. Also his
20 year senate record, which he doesn't want to
talk about (can't blame him for that, it's an awful
record).

Not to mention his faux-Catholicism.
But that's another for a different thread.

You are of course free to email the
University of Kansas Student Auxillary
(the email address was provided) and
ask them what 'special reasons' he has
come up with.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by sminkeypinkey
.....of course all this sucks up airtime that might be used looking at what George 'dubb-ya' did (or did not) do during the Veietnam war

John Kerry has made his Vietnam record an issue in this campaign.
Not me. Therefore he has invited the debate about it. I sure wish
he'd talk about his 20 year senate record and make it an issue that
he'd welcome, just as he has his 3 months in Vietnam which
happened over 20 years ago. That senate record is a gold mine
of information on how John Kerry thinks, acts, and 'leads'.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
First of all, this is not a poll. This is anecdotal evidence gathered by a right-wing group. Apparently the group does not have a website. I was unable to find one. Apparently, their main internet presence is in usenet discussion groups. I don't know how they collected this information. Presumably, they collected it from members of the group, and people who are in sympathy with them. Just look at two of the statements collected.

I know about 650 Vietnam vets and their attitude toward about Kerry is 100% negative. - Dan Decker, TSgt.USAF (ret.)

I know thousands of vets. I would say the opinion is about 98% against Kerry. - Tony Cartlidge-Vietnam Combat Marine- 1968

Does anybody really believe that Mr. Decker knows 650 Vietnam veterans and knows their opinion of Kerry and all 650 have a negative opinion of Kerry?

Does anybody really believe that Mr. Cartlidge knows thousands of veterans and knows their opinion of Kerry and 98% have a negative opinion of Kerry?

The actual polls I have seen do not break out Vietnam veterans, but show support among all veterans for Bush and Kerry. A June CBS News poll showed Bush with a 56-40 lead. A more recent Rasmussen poll showed Bush with a 58-35 lead, if my memory is correct. Just last night, on the CBS News, they announced results of a new CBS News poll. Bush had a 48-47 lead among all veterans. This shows a significant post-convention bounce for Kerry.

In the 2000 census, Vietnam era veterans accounted for 31.7% of all veterans. Since WW II and Korean War veterans are rapidly dying off, that percentage would have to be higher now. If the anecdotal evidence is at all representative of actual opinion among Vietnam veterans, then all other veterans would have to be overwhelmingly in favor of Kerry.

The information presented is anecdotal, and the sources are self-selected to have right-wing political views. Some of the anecdotal reports are preposterous on their face.

The latest actual poll results show veterans split pretty evenly between Kerry and Bush. There is no reason to think opinions among Vietnam veterans differs significantly from general veteran opinion.

I will be waiting for the next preposterous right-wing propaganda myth.

new topics

top topics

join