It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

------FORUM GUIDELINES------

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Oh look, what a surprise. The village grouse has come to add his voice.

When was the last time you posted anything productive?

Ouch that hurt...
I couldn't post... out of town on business....and you shouldn't be so mean to a potential investor anyhow.

Glad to see you're back from your personal thing.

P.S. Why you keeping a business consultant that's got you losing money month after month? I should let you talk to mine.

There is no enemy anywhere - Lao Tse

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
To bad that it's more often than not the true psychic is motivated by the need to express and share the feelings they have whereas the charlatan is purely in it for the money and seeks public recognition more often than not are better at making a name for themselves because they see it as a business advertisement. So what's the deal that some posts are not as polished or are just people making predictions that are foolish and I am sure some do , but every now and then a real deal ( as in gifted true psychic ) comes and makes the the effort worth the time it takes to find them and do they ever open your perceptions of reality.
to bad it was changed

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Oh look, what a surprise. The village grouse has come to add his voice.

When was the last time you posted anything productive?

IMHO Anyone else would no doubt get a warning for saying something like that - I'm guessing you two have old battle wounds?

Oh well - nothing personal SO....just a comment

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I was thinking about it, and I'd gladly give up another 3500 points to buy into an ATS member's predictions forum, just so you guys can keep it out of Google. I think the rating thing would go very well there... who's just gonna waste 3500 points so they can get in and knock everybody's ratings down (besides those James Randi characters)?

I'm on this board to discuss serious matters, not chit-chat. I have chat clients galore for that, including IRC. In fact, for general crap chit-chat I have other boards that I post on, and 4 different screen names (that I still use anyways). Basically, I come here for ATS, not BTS, as I know alot of others do. So now some people's serious predictions go unnoticed and unheeded because it's in BTS, thanks for being serious. Don't plan on me giving any insight... I already got one thread pulled and dropped in BTS and I can't even respond to it!

[edit on 9-8-2004 by Earthscum]

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Thank you very much SO. This was need a long time ago.

~Shadow

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by theshadowknows
Thank you very much SO. This was need a long time ago.

~Shadow

agreed.
Im lovin' the new avatar aswell theshadowknows

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Some people are asking, why must a prediction be from a clairvoyant? Well, if you think about it, a lot of predictions in the predictions forum were along the lines of 'i am not psychic, but I am going to make some predictions' or 'i had a bad feeling today. Therefore 5 terrorists will attack such and such city on this date' and the like.

I think that basically the mods don't want the forum to be a place to post your own predictions, but rather discuss the phenomenon of predictions.

SO edgar cayce is on topic, but my cousin bill's isn't. Unless my cousin bill is sollog. Or something.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 06:02 PM
link   
would it help to clarify matters if the forum was perhaps re-named as "Psychic predictions and prophecies" ?
This was what it was intended for in the beginning, but as people have been using it for posting their thoughts and guesses about the future in it for some time now this is why it seems as if something is being taken away.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I don't see why this is an issue anymore.

There's a new(ish) forum in BTS for this.

My problem (and others' problem) was that we thought they were going to take away a place to post member predictions altogether.

Anyway, I think it came out fine.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 07:32 PM
link   
What is the real reason the moderators are doing this?
just wondering.

Also, what predictions have come true that have been posted here?
I have seen some that have validity., but I am a new memeber

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by bellastar
What is the real reason the moderators are doing this?
just wondering.

Also, what predictions have come true that have been posted here?
I have seen some that have validity., but I am a new memeber

I think they have told us their reasoning...as to predictions that have happened...none since I have been here, but I haven't been here very long......I would logically assume, if someone had been predicting things here correctly....everyone would know about it!

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I've been out all day, so I missed this entire brouhaha. I'm fine with the changes as long as we have a place to discuss our feelings, predictions, whatever.
It seems rather exclusionary to say someone must be a published clairvoyant or prophet. There are millions of people with psychic ability who have never published those predictions.
Yes, I've ventured forth with a few "feelings", dreams etc. and, if they've offended anyone, then, my apologies.
I personally enjoyed reading others thoughts and found that I was adult enough to separate the wheat from the chaff..just as I do on the other boards which are also sometimes filled with hogwash.
joey

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Okay I'm confused...

So this is a discussion about what is going to be discussed and where?

Come on people.. this is hardly a free speech issue!

I think this was a good move.. Really this thread alone is a good example of what a forum was meant to be, then taken away and off topic as happened so many times when the predictions forum was open for everyone.. Dreams and predictions have a forum in BTS.. so it was moved there. Big Deal!

I predict this change will NOT mean the end of the world and will do far more good than bad for ATS/BTS and my fav ATSNN.

Now get busy posting and .. have fun.. The sky is NOT falling.. or is it?

Gazz

I can't believe how many pages in this thread I read through

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   
So far there are no takers for discussing "others" prophecies

This may prove not to be a good move at all. sorry.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

Well, the web has gazillion sites that have already discussed the 'real' prophets, www.mabus.biz(Nostradamus)etc. so I don't think the ATS can contribute anything really new to those subjects, IMO.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 05:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe

well stop bitchin' and start posting

The only reason why anyone hasn't posted other prophecies is
cause this thread has been hijacked by a bitchin campaign against the mod.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Voice_of Doom and you shouldn't be so mean to a potential investor anyhow.
You're not being considered for such a role, nor will you be.

Originally posted by Voice_of Doom Why you keeping a business consultant that's got you losing money month after month?
Why do you keep coming to a website you complain about month after month? Your constant need to cause ire is getting old.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe So far there are no takers for discussing "others" prophecies
The majority of existing threads in this forum are indeed about the predictions and prophecies of "others". This effort is to ensure it stays that way.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
It was a bad move for sure.
Torquemada must be claping his hands of happines in his grave for sure...!

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Voice_of Doom
ITS ABOUT THE IMPRESSION PEOPLE MIGHT GET FOM GOOGLE!!!

Image is everything, or is it?

How've you been?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join