It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

------FORUM GUIDELINES------

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
You've got one... It's called Chit-Chat. (Addressing a request for a predictions forum in BTS)

Why do we even have forums in BTS? Should all topics or post that mods deem unjustified be assigned to chit chat? I disagree with this attitude!

Why have folders on your computer? Just throw everything into the C:/ drive root folder. Of course it wouldn't be organized, and harder to find things, but hey! It's all there and you have a space to put it in.

Following this logic will only make it harder for members (Who make up the board) to find things. This is a specific topic, and if members want a place to discuss this topic, I believe that you should give it to them. I wasn't arguing with SO original comment, but suggesting that you create an alternative on BTS for these post.

Are most of the prediction post a little off the normal, and probably just hunches? Yes, that is my assessment, but that doesn't mean we should attempt to stifle their discussion or hide it inside of another thread. Predictions has been a very active thread, and I enjoy reading it, even if I think most of it is worthless.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Very foolish move, in my opinion.

I think perhaps putting additional criteria on posting predictions... like give additional information not just "I have a bad feeling" threads, would make more sense than limiting it like this.

If you want google not to index it, make the forum members-only. I don't think you should make it buy-only, because then very few people would buy the forum.

Not everyone is a "published clairvoyant"... and I can see when that isn't going to work either. Nothing's stopping people from grabbing a geocities registration, slapping up a "I'm a clairvoyant... I predicted XYZ" and then posting something here. You still have to play with believing the person.

I dunno... I guess we (the members) have really limited say here regarding forum policy (heh 'foreign policy'). Kinda reflects the actual government, no?

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
i really don't see any problem here. I really agree with SO. I love to reed the predictions forum but it seem to me that lately everyone has a feeling and that people just say something to just say and this has nothing to do with predictions anymore. maybee they try to score any extra points or something like that.

If someone predicts something the should be specific and not just say, i have a feeling something might happen today. in my opinion you take advantage of everyone here to create a hoax.

So SO, it good that you changed the rules a bit.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 01:48 PM
link   
ATS Mod and such,

I visit this website almost daily and I haven't ever posted anything, till now. I like this section and it is the only one i read on a DAILY basis. I think, leave it alone and we can tell the "really good" ones from the few bad seeds (nothing personal here)... and let us make our own choice on what to discuss as long as it is on topic.

I will admit it was hard to find the meat most of the time due to "feelings and such" but that is ok.. it still made it interesting.

I say, lets bring more things into this section that make it what it was intended for. Nastrodamous, or prophets... and.. current members that are pretty good... defined by us... .. instead of just moderating the chit-chat between friends.

Mainly Keep it on topic and I think it is a great forum.

(next in line, please)

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   
well, I think the Predictions forum should be shut down completely then... I mean, really... how many discussions can we have about Nostradamus? Everything BUT member predictions could fit into one of the many other forums on this board quite easily. Besides, I can't even log into BTS... only reason I can log into ATS is because I keep transferring my cookies when I reload my system.

I think that 'feelings' that stuff will happen shouldn't belong in the predictions, but what about us that have dreams and trances and have had success in the past? There are some really great psychics on this board, and what I would assume is that you are saying that we are all frauds, but anyone who is PUBLISHED or ancient isn't? I really don't get it at all.

*EDIT: I really think it should be policed better, rather than cutting out member predictions. Research into a subject doesn't justify a prediction, unless you had the dream or vision, then went for some research to assume the validity of your vision. The vision you had is still a prediction. Really, alot of people weren't taking it seriously anyways, imagine the ridicule if it goes to BTS? I guess it's a good way to shut us up... let our peers ridicule us, right? That way you aren't guilty?

[edit on 9-8-2004 by Earthscum]

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Well, Earthscum, there's not just Nostradamus.

There's always Sollog.

Because I could listen to him all day.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
My favorite ATS board...now ruined. I find it very interesting to see what others are feeling. Now there will be alot less of that since you have to get "permission". At least make a board for member predictions. Deny ignorance...doesnt that mean letting all the people share their feelings and their dreams so that we can deny ignorance and see all points of view?

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Okay, this is also being discussed here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And it has come to my attention that the Dreams forum on BTS has been changed to Dreams and Personal Predictions:

www.belowtopsecret.com...

I don't know when it changed. I don't know if SO changed it. He seemed to ask that all personal predictions be posted only with mod approval. I assume that will not be the case on BTS.

Now....is there any way a mod or admin can transfer the ATS personal prediction posts from this forum and move them to the BTS so that we can continue to discuss there? It will be very hard to continue conversations by having to restart the threads all over again and just posting the link back to ATS.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Well I'm afraid my prediction started all this, I very seldom post anything in predictions except once. I had a horrible feeling today and posted about it, personally I thought it would get absolutely no notice, but tons of people was complaining this morning when I signed off. I felt more people are mad at the Gov. for the color alerts and saw my post as part of that. At any rate it was not my intent to disturb anyone or to ruin the predictions forum for anyone. I thought that was what it was for, predictions and that it was alright to post my fears, evidently not.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I think a wiser choice would be to have a sub forum for member predictions. Maybe start a rating system for member predictions and/or psychic tests for those who predict. That way those who do have abilities to predict better then others would have 4-5 stars instead of one, or something like that. Go ahead have a prediction section in BTS for those who just feel something is going to happen.

I personally think that there is a lot of good that can come from member predictions. First off, there may be some very good psychics that come to ATS and with a rating system for ATS psychics, many may come regularly to view what these psychics have to say. Secondly, members should be encouraged to post their gut feelings, dreams of future events or just something that keeps coming to their mind. We may find that ATS members have a better connection to events because we have denied ignorance by gaining knowledge here on ATS.

I respect your opinions SO, but there needs to be a solution that we can all be happy with, majority are disagreeing with the decission.

Ycon

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 03:30 PM
link   
You guys are beating a dead horse. The mods have made their decision, I don't think complaining will make a difference. They made it better and gave us a Personal Predictions forum. That should be sufficient.

You can find it here
www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sublime4372 well, I cant beleive that ATS is a non supporter of free speech.
Since when is managing the content of a privately-owned discussion venue suppressing free speech?

Originally posted by mrmonsoon Are we here at ATS more interested in gaining new members or Denying Ignorance
We're interested in quality and credibility, which both aid in attracting new members, and maintaining the motto.

Originally posted by Hawk dunno... I guess we (the members) have really limited say here regarding forum policy (heh 'foreign policy'). Kinda reflects the actual government, no?
Did you not see the call for new DISC members by Kano? (here) There have been several occasions where new forums were added, forum focus changed (recently the F9/11 forum), and forum rules have been modified (MudPit) as part of an effort to ensure we all have a focus on quality content. The prediction forum (as some have noted) was always intended as a place to discuss pre-existing predictions and prophecy, not a place to make guesses. We're simply refining this forum to be better in-line with the ATS mission.

Originally posted by sosuemetoo He seemed to ask that all personal predictions be posted only with mod approval. I assume that will not be the case on BTS.
Yes. If you feel the need to share a personal prediction, post it in the Dreams & Personal Predictions forum on BTS. If needed, and the prediction is appropriate, it can always be moved to this forum on ATS.

Originally posted by Ycon I think a wiser choice would be to have a sub forum for member predictions
See above.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   
it really is. Brings a tear to my eye. But I think you're missing the bigger picture. SO pointed it out in his first post. ITS ABOUT THE IMPRESSION PEOPLE MIGHT GET FOM GOOGLE!!!
Its about money folks...always has been...thats why there's a post and edit from 'Springer' the "financial consultant" in this thread. The moves ATS has made in the last year are about money. They figured that they had an untouched cashcow here and it was time to put it to use.

And that's their DAMN perogrative! Takes money to survive and grow.

So what do you do???

The way to really get your voice to matter here (if you want) is to buy into ATS. I'm thinking of doing it (just to be cranky). Invest a couple of thousand dollars if you can afford it, get a moderator title, and start implementing the things YOU think should be done to improve ATS.

Until then you're just an IP address, a Google Web-Hit or a nuisance (depending on whether you write posts like mine) to the great ATS plan.

Money talks, s*** walks guys, you know this so get to it!

There is no friend anywhere Lao Tse

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Oh look, what a surprise. The village grouse has come to add his voice. When was the last time you posted anything productive?

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I'm always amazed at the number of posters who feel they need to out-SO the SO.
This is a private forum.
You have the choice to stay or not.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
I think its disgusting that ATS staff have been forced into making a decision after giving a valid reason for changing a board. I myself have used the board when i had a weird dream, i went into detail to explain the theory, but majority of the posts were along the lines of "something bad is going to happen very soon". This might scare away new members or guests who have found us on google, i think prophecies and predictions will be an excellent move for ATS in the long run.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Voice_of Doom
Its about money folks...always has been...thats why there's a post and edit from 'Springer' the "financial consultant" in this thread. The moves ATS has made in the last year are about money. They figured that they had an untouched cashcow here and it was time to put it to use.

What an UTTER load of Bullocks! A cash cow?!!! Yeah right. Nothing like a cash cow that EATS cash faster than an ex-wife!
If this was a "real business" that was expected to turn a profit it would've been shut down months ago for utter lack of revenue performance.

It amazes me when people who have NO CLUE about what they speak pontificate with such assumed authority.

VOD, you never cease to amaze me. I assure you there will be ZERO public offerings of ATS stock or "buy ins", it doesn't work that way, but no matter how hard we try some will NEVER "get it"...

PEACE...
m...

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I think the predictions forum is fine to have, but I think what the Mods are trying to say, is that it is being abused and becoming "doomsday" silly spot..."too much gravy and not enough meat" kinda thing. As to rules...for Pete's sake people....there will always be rules and as a site grows, there will have to be new ones added, to keep up with the many different types of people and forces that change brings.....it's not like they said..."no more talking about UFOs" or no more "political discussion"
....just keep the Predictions forum talking "about" predictions, which I am taking from what has been said, the main intention of the forum to begin with.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I think some tougher moderation is needed, instead of a board reconfiguration.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
move it if you must, just tell us where you put it so we can find it again...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join