It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heiroglyphics in The Great Pyramid?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   
I guess there is some in the Room of Chaos. I would like to know if there is a picture of them on the internet anywhere, or if anyone knows more about them.

thanks

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Scolecite
Are you sure of the name? I can find no refernce of the Room of Chaos.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Here is a link:

jcolavito.tripod.com...

I have no idea if its credible or not, but it has some useful information.

In all probability Colonel Vyse probably faked the only inscription that was ever found in the pyramids. Those hieroglyphics are all mis-spelled, and there is no way a slave or worker could have done them because they could not read them in the first place.

[edit on 9-8-2004 by Jazzerman]

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 08:47 AM
link   
HJere is a link from novaHeiroglphics

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Scolecite
I guess there is some in the Room of Chaos. I would like to know if there is a picture of them on the internet anywhere, or if anyone knows more about them.

thanks

I have never heard of any Room of Chaos. Where is it inside the pyramid, since every diagram has never included anything like that.

If it is true then I guess the only way you can know for sure is to go and check it out for yourself. You never know the reliability of internet sites.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
The Great Pyramid has plenty of heirogyphics and some are prophetic. Did you notice those two glyphs that look very much like an attack helicopter and an Abrams tank?

And Jazzerman,that is still not a very good likeness of the Greys. Why do you want it mean and ugly?

[edit on 10-8-2004 by stgeorge]

[edit on 10-8-2004 by stgeorge]

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Not until 1837 did any marking or identifier turn up within the pyramid's walls, and only then deep inside the secret relieving chambers which keep the pyramid's bulk from crushing the flat roof of the King's Chamber. Many alternative researchers believe that these marks were faked to bolster the traditional identification of Khufu with the Great Pyramid. The first relieving chamber came to light in the 18th century,

The four remaining compartments were discovered by Colonel Howard Vyse, and his assistants, in 1837; ... they had been sealed since the pyramid was built, and were reached only by tunnelling; this was done by hired quarrymen, using gunpowder."

There is reasonable doubt that Vyse faked the inscription and that Khufu did not build the Great Pyramid." Of course, even if the inscriptions were fake, that alone does not disprove Khufu's ownership. If the "Made in China" sticker fell off a pair of sneakers, that does not mean that they suddenly sprang from Mexico instead.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 09:22 PM
link   
There are no Heiroglyphics in the great Pyramid!
Aside from the aforementioned "quary marks" as they are called. These marks are highly dubious owing to the fact that they were "discovered" by Vyse on or near the stated date for his expedition to end and his return to England. After "finding" the marks he was given a new grant to continue his work.
As for the "room of Chaos", not in the Great Pyramid!! Quite possible in one of the other Pyramids like those at Zoser south of Cairo! These pyramids supossedly built before the Giza structures are full of heiroglyphs. The Seti I pyramid contains thousands and the collected writings are refered to as the "pyramid texts".

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
stgoerge...First off, its just a picture. I did not create it, so I didn't intend for it to look like a "grey"!

Secondly, as GRENADIER said, there are not hieroglyphics in the Great Pyramid. What you are thinking of is at a different location in Egypt!

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
It is in a newer book. An abduction novel.
No heiroglyphs in Eqypt....then where did they originate from?

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
stgeorge...I dont think you quite understand. No one said there were not Hieroglyphics in Egypt, just not in the Great Pyramid on the Giza Plateau.

posted on Aug, 11 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Isnt it strange that all the other pyramids have glyphs, except the major ones, that are obviously built to stricter tollerances.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   
I still want to know where that helicopter and tank glyph was found. Looked through some of my books.Can't find the article.
They always had a holy man who could see the future,but what was so significant he had to carve an attack helicopter??
Unless, it was about your (US) intervention in the middle East. Back then the countries were not geographically the same.Therefore,I don't know...are there any pyramids or decorated structures in Iraq and Iran?

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzerman
jcolavito.tripod.com...

I have no idea if its credible or not, but it has some useful information.

In all probability Colonel Vyse probably faked the only inscription that was ever found in the pyramids. Those hieroglyphics are all mis-spelled, and there is no way a slave or worker could have done them because they could not read them in the first place.

As the article you cited says, all but Sitchin have come around to the view that they are NOT faked. For Stichin to accept that they were faked means that he has to knock huge holes into his chain of books... the ones that bring him a lot of money. He then has to acknowledge that his own scholarship is bad (as everyone says) and that he has badly misinterpreted everything.

Sitchin ain't gonna do that.

As it happens, I do read hieroglyphs (I am not an expert, but I do read them at a student level) and I've seen some of the inscriptions. They're genuine, and Sitchin is interpreting things through his own fantasy world.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Sitchin is a fraud, plain and simple. He claims to be the only person who can read a language. How is this possible? If one honest researcher cracks a language, he can teach others, the solution can be applied to all available documents, and they should all make perfect sense in the language as it is proposed.

If there are too few documents, you can't come to a solid conclusion, but otherwise you're either right or your wrong. If you're the only one who believes, odds are that you're wrong.

If you make the dire mistake of believing Sitchin and reading the "work" (or fantasy) of his supporters, you will quickly find yourself in a sea of false knowledge.
As an example, I encourage you to check lycos then wikipedia for "enki", the sumerian flood story, and "the pyramid war". Throw Sitchin's name into the search if you like.
For the most part, a "scholar" in the tradition of Sitchin will mix and match Sumerian, Assyrian, and Babylonian versions of the mythology. Often they display an inability to differentiate between distinct characters of similar names, especially in the case of Enki.
Best of all though, they simply made up a whole story which is reffered to as "The pyramid war" which merges the two Enki characters, misunderstands his relationship to Enlil, and proceeds to build an entirely false story about a war in which the pyramids feature heavily as advanced weapons platforms, fortresses, and possibly even space ships.

As I mention from time to time, Sitchin isn't even taken seriously by some guests on Coast to Coast AM with George Noory. I love that show, especially when they have Michio Kaku on, but the fact is that it is a leading purveyor of psuedo-historical science fiction. If you can't be taken seriously on C2C AM, you ought to be stripped of your first and second amendment rights for the good of the public.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Byrd....I actually didn't mean to use Sitchin's theories. It was just the first website I could find that illustrated my point, not saying that Sitchin is right though. I have seen the inscriptions myself, and they do appear quite fake in many respects...spelled wrong, characters upside down, etc. and do not quite fit in with the rest of the Great Pyramid (ie no inscriptions). It is my opinion that Vyse forged the inscriptions in an attempt to prove that Khufu commissioned the building of the Great Pyramid. I too read some hieroglyphics (probably need to brush up on them) and those found in the Great Pyramid neither fit in with the rest of the pyramid, nor in the historic timeline that the Great Pyramid was built during.

Vyse made the assumption that the tomb was robbed before and this is why there was no body or clues ever found. However, what he failed to realize is that the pyramid was completely sealed off with granite boulders that remained untouched even when Caliph Al Mamoun did the first excavations on the pyramid. The fact that the inscriptions were found containing numerous errors and in only a remote part of the pyramid can only lead to the conclusion that Vyse forged them in order to fulfill his "duty" to find scientific evidence inside the pyramid.

Plus, if I remember from some college courses 4th Dynasty hieroglyphics were not as highly developed as the characters that were found in the pyramid, making them historically inaccurate.

Whether Khufu built the pyramid is beyond me, but one thing is for sure...there are no "true" inscriptions within it!

[edit on 14-8-2004 by Jazzerman]

posted on Aug, 19 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   
The book "Alien bases" is where you can find the heiroglphs I mentioned.

new topics

top topics

join