It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TA-ATTACKS: Bulgarian Man Beheaded by Militants

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 08:21 AM
link   
A Bulgarian has allegedly been executed in Cairo, Egypt by a militant group who claims its responsible for killings and kidnappings. It is not confirmed whether or not the video of the execution is authentic yet. The militants claim that they kidnapped 2 Bulgarian drivers demanding Iraqi detainees be released in return.

www.guardian.co.uk
CAIRO, Egypt (AP) - Militants who said they belong to a group that has claimed responsibility for kidnappings and killings in Iraq beheaded a man identified only as a Bulgarian in a video posted on the Internet Monday.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It's still unclear as to when the video was made. Georgi Lazov's, one of the drivers, beheaded body was found in the Tigris River in mid-July.

A bearded blindfolded man appears in the newest video. He is wearing an orange jumpsuit meant to be similar to those worn by Iraqi prisoners who were abused.

Assailant are heard shouting "God is great" in the video as they show gruesome images of the person being beheaded with a knife

[edit on 9-8-2004 by deeprivergal]

[edit on 8-9-2004 by Valhall]

[edit on 8-10-2004 by Valhall]

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
All I can say is that the government will never give them what they want, it just wouldn't be like a governing body to do so. We simply have to hope the opposition is bluffing, thats all we can do.

[edit on 9-8-2004 by crossofcrimson]

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Wow, I wasn't aware of the huge Bulgarian military presence in Iraq...

Man, these idiots can't even target the right victims.... If it's one thing I hate more than a terrorist, it's a sloppy one.....

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Ive seen the video and at least they covered the Bulgarians mouth during the decapitation so that you dont hear the blood curdling screams of blood gushing out of the throat. The execution is real and I have seen the pictures of the body being found in the Tigris river.

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   

A Bulgarian has allegedly been executed in Cairo, Egypt

How was the body found in the Tigris?

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 11:36 PM
link   
Dont know, but PM me for the link.

top topics

join