It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mothman in japan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
www.mysterycasebook.com...
check this out, there was a sighting of mothman in japan before the earthquake. the only problemis i have no idea how credible this source is. if the website is any good. all idid was look up mothman in japan. the thing that i find most interesting is that the person cliams it was right around one of the plants that went critical.
so what do the people here think

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I'm not Japanese but have a lot of those Japanese monster movies from the 50's and 60's

Maybe it was Mothra.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Out of some of those sightings, would't someone be half-smart to pull out their camera or at least their phone's camera?

Where's the intelligence these days?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by iSwag

if you read it, it says he tried taking pictures but just got black with his cell phone...remember most cell phones have crappy camera's that can't take a good picture of anything remotely far away...sometimes even when the object is rather close with most phones it still has a tendency to pixelate quite a bit...depends on the quality of the camera though...

interesting story though...don't know if it's a viable source or not but interesting none the less

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Grey Magic

seems a little to big to be what your looking for.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by iSwag

how about this
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by here4awhile
reply to post by iSwag

if you read it, it says he tried taking pictures but just got black with his cell phone...remember most cell phones have crappy camera's that can't take a good picture of anything remotely far away...sometimes even when the object is rather close with most phones it still has a tendency to pixelate quite a bit...depends on the quality of the camera though...

interesting story though...don't know if it's a viable source or not but interesting none the less

Yeah, true. What could be making the pictures black? Only reason I can come up with is that either objects coincidentally got in the way of the camera each time he took the picture, or the Mothman is truly real and has some power to manipulate the camera's shutter.

Could Mothman be extraterrestrial? I don't see anything disproving either side.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I don't know about the crappy phone camera excuse... everyone I know has cameras on their phone that are superior to my old ~4MP Nikon I got back in the day. Especially in Japan, I would think most people's cell phone cameras are more than capable of capturing something.

However, that's not ruling out the possibility that the Mothman has some supernatural powers that stop the camera from functioning. I'm not saying that's what happened, because personally I've never seen any good evidence for the Mothman being real, but if he was, it would make sense he could disable a camera if he has the powers that are claimed.

Where's the meat here though? Anyone can just claim "I saw a Mothman" anytime something bad happens. I don't really know what that brings to the table, although I guess it would be good to keep on record.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by James1982
I don't know about the crappy phone camera excuse... everyone I know has cameras on their phone that are superior to my old ~4MP Nikon I got back in the day. Especially in Japan, I would think most people's cell phone cameras are more than capable of capturing something.

However, that's not ruling out the possibility that the Mothman has some supernatural powers that stop the camera from functioning. I'm not saying that's what happened, because personally I've never seen any good evidence for the Mothman being real, but if he was, it would make sense he could disable a camera if he has the powers that are claimed.

Where's the meat here though? Anyone can just claim "I saw a Mothman" anytime something bad happens. I don't really know what that brings to the table, although I guess it would be good to keep on record.

Yeah, in Japan, aren't they supposed to have surreal phone technology? I had a Japanese roommate at a boarding school a long time ago and he had a super cool phone with a 8 MP camera on it.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

ive considered the possibility of it not making cameras work. but a lot of people say its not even from our dimension. are cameras even able to take pictures of something from a whole nother plane of reality

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
I don't buy the camera didn't work BS story. Too convenient.
I saw Mothman today too.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

the story claims it was dark out. so if there was no flash it wouldnt of worked. my camera actualy has no flash. it has light enhancer but no flash. so ant images i take in the dark dont work withour my light turned up on the focus. im not sure how it would work with cellphones

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by iSwag

I'm guessing the picture was black because it was getting dark out...have you ever tried to take a picture with a cellphone in dying light? I can tell you I have...and even with what you think is enough light...it generally isn't enough unless it's high noon and the sun is shining bright...it's just the crappy quality of cell phone camera's in general

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
The bulk of the mothman story was made up by the author of the book.. John Keel, long before he wrote that book he wrote several others..

There was a man who assisted with the book and invented the character of Indrid Cold.. I've been to that part of Ohio and talked to a lot of people who were there during the time and it's mostly bunk.. Most people there accept that it was likely a crane, most of the incidents in the book that were connected were either false or not connected in any way... the bridge disaster was also quite avoidable, it was in desperate need of servicing and was WAY over capacity.. John Keel has also created fake "real" people such as military personnel and government documents to help promote his books and speaking events..

So while there could be something to this Japan thing ( it could be a hoax too.. imagine that, might explain why every piece of evidence is black ) .. it's probably not the mythical mothman since he didn't exist as a creature until John invented him.

It's amusing to see a fictional book character take on real life in the imaginations of people..

Anyone can make up a story, post it and be believed these days..
edit on 20-6-2011 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
The site doesnt look credible to me.

Without a picture its bs im afraid. And even then.....mothman??? wtf??

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by connorromanow

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/95dd4c6014bd.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I've been anticipating more of these accounts from Japan and possibly video for some time now... The mothman to date has become synonymous with foreboding tragedy, so I was almost certain these would start filtering out over time...

I'm actually glad to see these, because even if they don't end up being substantiated I would find it more unusual if no accounts at all came up...

I'm still hoping for a modern sighting to come to light ahead of a tragedy (not that I really want another tragedy), as if eyewitness encounters can be recorded ahead of one it would definitely give confirmation of the reality of the sighting - tragedy pattern that appears to be continuing into modern times... It might even lead to an ability to escape catastrophe one day...

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by bobbyt

after i found nothing out of hati or chille earthquakes, i was puzzeled. so i knew soething had to come out of japan with this horrible event

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I've never heard of a "mothman."

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

its a strange creature that shows up often before disasters. tall,grey,glowing red eyes, massive wings
www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

join