It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quantum Suicide/Immortality thoughts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
After looking into many posts that involve the quantum suicide theory, I’ve come up with some ideas I just want to throw out there. For those that don’t know what the quantum suicide theory is here is a link for a good description.

en.wikipedia.org...

For those of you that are too lazy to read the description it basically means that if you die in this universe you will regain consciousness in a new one. I’ve thought about this theory before actually reading up on it, I was surprised that what I thought to be a possibility was actually a theory already out there. Think about it like this, if the universe is indeed infinite in time than that means there was no beginning and the big bang is actually a cycle the universe goes through. So that means if you were to die now, your body would be put in the ground and rot and everything that is you is not destroyed but broken down.

The big bang theory is widely accepted for many reasons; one of them is that the universe gets hotter the farther it goes, expanding from the initial ultimate blast that happened billions of years ago. So what happens when the universe stops expanding and then gets “cooled down”, it would shrink then? Think about the sounds that your house makes at night from the process of thermal contraction, when you have metals that expand from the heat in the day and then contract from the cooling of the night. What if the universe collapsed from a type of thermal contraction and then went back to its singular point once again? This would mean the universe and all the matter within it would be one again and then another big bang could occur, so then if this cycle goes on forever that would mean that your brain could be reorganized the same way again.

Maybe your body would differ, but that does not matter because the brain is considered the vessel for the soul and is what makes you think the way you do. So you could die tomorrow and instantly, I say instantly because you time is not a problem when you’re dead, be in the belly of a different mother and be of a different race with traces of past memories still lingering in your mind.
What gets me is that the quantum suicide theory states that your consciousness is an arrow that never stops where I on the other hand believe it to be a self correcting loop that makes detours. Maybe before your point of death the universe collapses and another big bang happens where you happen to have the exact same life and where you were supposed to die you somehow escape that death and live. So your mind is not on auto pilot anymore and you feel a sense of confusion, because at that point and on the time being presented has not happened and is all new to you. Maybe at different points of your life you actually experience an instance that you may have experienced multiple times and could cause a type of mental error (Déjà vu).

Just some rambling that I wanted to do, please discuss your thoughts on the topic and criticize all you want.

edit on 20-6-2011 by Warpedconsciousness because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-6-2011 by Warpedconsciousness because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
No criticisms at all! I even read the wiki!
I also love when I read theories expressing ideas that I had already figured out on my own.
This is definitely one of them

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Warpedconsciousness

"All of this has happened before, and it will all happen again."

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
When you die in this Universe you go wherever your soul is best suited, be it heaven or hell there are only two options, but that is just what I believe.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrustNGod
When you die in this Universe you go wherever your soul is best suited, be it heaven or hell there are only two options, but that is just what I believe.

the great and powerful OZ will take you to his flying sky castle where you will meet his zombie son huh?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

What if you don't get to go to heaven or hell until you've completed something on this earth.

THEN when you die, if you haven't completed it, it would make perfect sense for your essense to find another vessel. Humans create bodies, only God can create new souls. And its only logical if we believe we're here for a purpose, that we HAVE to complete it before we're rewarded - otherwise none of us would do anything and live Forever

Also, I wonder if you have children...

Infants are born with personalities, they had to come from somewhere right?

so the idea of quantum realities and reincarnation totally fits into your theory of heaven and hell - I don't think they're mutually exclusive

think of it as multiple saved versions of the Sims

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by okamitengu

I guess we will both find out huh, I can never convince you and you can never convince me. All we have is what we each consider to be true, and there is nothing wrong with that.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:05 AM
link   
I for one believe in dimensions. If one was to look at Genesis as a code, I believe it shows these different dimensions. As it describes the gates of heaven and the tribes, these could be interpreted into dimensions and different levels of a higher power. As stated before involving the quantum research we now can trace the things we dont see and the only thing that kind of comes close to describing it is the bible. We all have halos which turns out to be spirals for our consciousness. As I learn more I become interested in this field of study. Still interesting theory none the less. Please continue to share more for we need more people to start thinking outside the box.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
I thought this was logically accepted knowledge?

Of course there is consciousness after consciousness. What happens in between is like meditation...you can stay as long as you like and never know where you are.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TrustNGod

What if heaven symbolizes living your life over again and experiencing increased fortune and luck. Whereas hell is living your life over again and dealing with increased misfortune and angst. This loops infinitely until you ascend, or descend, to either extreme.

At that point... Who knows. If you were good, you'll turn into a happy floating cloud. If not, maybe you'll be a mentally challenged squirrel for the rest of eternity..

Alright - maybe not the last part..

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 03:32 AM
link   

The universe is infinite..... but you only get two choices?

That kinda sounds like god is making budget cuts

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

you might enjoy this if you haven't seen it already.

its a pretty humourous film and quite insightful at times.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
I remember posting this thread and looking back at it I realize that I was way off, I've grown a lot and have seen the love of God and Jesus. I have realized that many of the people that come to this site were trying to find a means to escape reality and try to find the truth, what really got me believing in God was the little things that pushed me to God. I thought they were mere coincidences, but frankly it gets to a point where you realize they are not coincidences anymore.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

I'd recommend you read Surprised By Joy by C.S. Lewis.

It explains how all the drives we have in life are really just us striving to be close to God. Being close to God is the ultimate joy, so all of our lives we are striving to obtain this joy. The only problem is... we don't know that. We try to grasp joy by, for example, accumulating money and experiencing physical pleasure. But, no matter how good those things make us feel, it's nothing compared to the sheer ecstasy that we'll experience once we're close to God.

It's a pretty good read. I mean, I was personally able to identify the one thing that I strive for and I realized that I can never get it on earth.

Think about it. All of the desires we've been given can be satisfied on earth. We get hungry and we have food. We get thirsty and we have drink. We get horny and we can go hump something (hah). But when we have that unexplainable desire for that which we can't really pinpoint... that's our consciousness longing for God. That is the one longing we cannot satisfy on earth - so it must be satisfied in the afterlife.

top topics

join