It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-head of Mesquite police narcotics unit sentenced to prison, set up by FBI

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
www.star-telegram.com...

The former head of the Mesquite Police Department's narcotics unit was sentenced to 15 months in federal prison on Monday for stealing about $2,000 in government money during an undercover drug operation.

Apparently, the FBI was recieving tips that this guy was stealing money while doing drug busts. Then the FBI decided to do a set up and see if he actually was stealing money. It turns out, he was.

Acting on a tip that an officer was stealing drug money, FBI agents staged an undercover drug deal in March. At that time, McAllister's duties included executing search warrants at suspected drug stash locations and assisting uniform officers with vehicles that were suspected of transporting drugs.

On March 1, FBI agents conducted an undercover operation using $100,000 in cash in 52 bundles. McAllister was contacted about a suspected drug courier. After arriving at a parking lot, McAllister searched a vehicle and found a duffle bag and a plastic bag that contained $100,000.

While on his way to the police station, McAllister removed one of the wrapped bundles of cash, containing $2,000. A surveillance camera captured McAllister placing his hand in the bag and taking one of the bundles and stashing it in his pants.

Whats the first thing he spent some of that money on? A watch.

While under surveillance, McAllister left the Mesquite police station, drove to Town East Mall in Mesquite and purchased a $480 watch at The Buckle, federal authorities have said. FBI agents obtained a photocopy of the cash used in the purchase and it matched the money that federal authorities had used in the undercover operation.

The article does not state how much money he was suspected of stealing during prior drug operations.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
A thief with a badge is still a thief. Good riddance to a scumbag.

However the question is begging - Who the hell can clean up the politicval corruption in the FBI? any takers? guess not!

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Huh...I would have figured people would be all over this topic, spouting off how the police get preferential treatment.

Im glad this tool got caught, and I hope they throw the book at him.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Stop the presses! The FBI was actually good for something? I am still trying to comprehend this, but while I do, I just want to say that it makes me all sorts of giddy to read about schmucks like this going down. I know firsthand the world of thieving pigs better than anybody unfortunately, and to see one of the *snip* going down brightens my day to no end no matter how many Fukushima, Greece, Nebraska, or other various doomsday threads I read.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by HenryPatrick

Careful.. your complete and total blanket hatred of law enforcement is starting to bleed through.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I make no bones about the fact that I despise any and all LEOs and I am laughing my ass off right now and yes....this brightens my day a bit too.

Karma is a bitch and it WILL catch up to you eventually.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
I make no bones about the fact that I despise any and all LEOs and I am laughing my ass off right now and yes....this brightens my day a bit too.

Karma is a bitch and it WILL catch up to you eventually.

Sounds like someone didnt get their way while growing up.

new topics

top topics

join