It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Member Posting Rules Meant to Locate Subversives?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
The 20 post minimum lets the new members get a general feel for the nature of the board.

It's a good policy IMHO

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Homedawg
If this is such a friendly site,then why are so many regulars allowed to attack and denigrate posters for having differing opinions?

They are not. Use the ALERT button located on the post that is violating Terms and Conditions of Use and our required Courtesy is Mandatory
edit on June 22nd 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by HUMBLEONE
Now THAT is great conspiracy theory thinking! After all this is just another genre of writting, media et cetera. It takes a mind willing to question everything and to think outside the conventional box. It's science fiction or it used to be. I'm now discovering that the conspiracies may now be real. What was science fiction has morphed into a horrific comedy of the absurd. But absurdity has a specific beauty, which one can and must appreciate if one is to remain positive. The one thing I dislike about ATS is the censorship. I actually despise censorship of any kind. But then again that is just another form of the Matrix isn't it? Circumvent. Deny authority. Be sovereign unto yourself. Realize that you are ONE with the ALL. Remember. Remember who you really are...a spiritual, magnificent, multidimensional being...a little point of consciousness plugged into all the consciousness there is or ever shall be. I bid you all Peace. Namaste.

Censorship? This is a private board. Each of us - including staff - agreed to the "alleged censorship" when we registered. The "censorship" is called Terms and Conditions of Use and is what staff uses to moderate ATS.

I'm sure when you visit someones home, you do not "defy their authority" of their own home. I am sure you would not behave in a way that is against what they expect of you: IE. They say no smoking in their home, you would never say "I refuse your censorship and I shall smoke in your home anyways!"

edit on June 22nd 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by HUMBLEONE
The one thing I dislike about ATS is the censorship.

There is no "censorship" on ATS. What we have, as a privately run venue of free expression where the owners/operators must place priority on the totality of members and content, is a minimal amount of restrictions.

Primarily two topics cannot be discussed -- drug use and the act of hacking. The restrictions are in place so that the inevitable sullying of the thousands of other topics, which we've witnessed in the past, does not occur.

A significant restriction is also placed on civility and decorum -- we expect our members to focus on the issues, not each other, and refrain from vulgarities. This restriction is in place for the same reason, so that gratuitous bickering and swearing doesn't detract from the importance of the issues our members bring here.

I actually despise censorship of any kind.

Sorry... but I don't believe you. There isn't a person alive who wouldn't favor some form of censorship, as long as it supports their core beliefs, and limits the expression of ideas they abhor.

But then again that is just another form of the Matrix isn't it?

Another tired reference to that bad movie.

edit on 22-6-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join