It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BeautifulPeople.com Dating Site Dumps 30,000 'Ugly' Members

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

No disrespect meant to you or your boyfriend. But did you copy and paste the middle paragraph from the eharmony commercial?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4Starlight2Decay0
reply to post by mblahnikluver

No disrespect meant to you or your boyfriend. But did you copy and paste the middle paragraph from the eharmony commercial?

Oh my...how funny...this thread turned into amature comedy hour!

What a well thought out and lucid question...not really!

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by 4Starlight2Decay0

Nope that is all true and how we both feel, why does that bother you? Also I don't use e-harmony, got rejected and guaranteed it was for my religious beliefs...they got introuble for that.

Did you ever think that maybe those sites are not what you think esp sites you pay to go on. Online dating isn't a problem nor is it wrong. Not everyone is a bar hopper and that is pretty much where most people go now-a-days for "fun." Yeah no thanks...I'd rather weed through that crowd online.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Beauty is only skin deep but ugly goes right to the bone .

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv
reply to post by badw0lf

You have never seen the members photo's thread then, obviously!

lmao, I kid... the ladies here are hot and the men all weird. So it's obviously a true representation.

I love that thread...but you will notice that my photo is not included...my tin foil hat is permanent!

Speaking of member photos...I have a strong suspicion that is really a picture of you in your avatar...

and that being said...How hard is it to type without thumbs? LMAO

I of course am kidding too!

I'm a cat - I have a human to type for me, dontchya know!!

Ahh he's ok at it most of the time too, unless I get too content - then I have to remind him just who is boss.

Silly humans, a cranky wagging tail, a less than happy meow..

You are too easy, you humans.

woof!!

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

It's a shame. Whatever happened to Beauty being in the eye of the beholder? Ahhh, well...

With that being said: I think the website is only enforcing via policy what most online daters do in private: they weed through all the photos of people whom they consider "ugly." C'mon, right? That website is just saving its members the trouble of doing it themselves. Or, at least they are mitigating it. Because once you "make it" and are accepted into that site, don't think it's going to be all roses from there.

Once on a site like that, the people on there are going to do the same thing: weed out all the "less desirables." They will stratify and develop a heirarchy of beauty. All the website is doing, really, is eliminating the VOLUME of "undesirables" a person need to weed out. So, don't feel bad if you didn't make the first cut and make it onto the site, because once there, you'll be swimming with the most bloodthirsty of the beauty sharks.

ADDITIONAL THOUGHT: In the end, this website is a SERVICE to anyone who values more than looks, for the most shallow kinds of folks will gravitate to this site. In essence, these "beautiful" people have removed themselves from "normal" folk, who now won't accidentally encounter the shallow, the vain, the self-centered, the arrogant and the plain-old mean. Of course, this is not to say that "ugly" or "average" folks can't have those qualities, either. At least this way, people will be less likely to accidentally stumble into a shallow person and have to go through the emotional heartache of getting attached to someone who is going to dump you when a better model comes rolling along.

ANOTHER THOUGHT: Hey, how about a website that makes you take an IQ test and if you don't score enough, you can't look for mates on that site? OR, how about a website that verifies your financial worth before letting you onto it? You see, there are many "qualifiers," ---not just physical beauty. And, to the dismay of the "beautiful," they may be lacking in other qualities. For those people who have ALL the qualities down, well, I imagine they don't need a dating site.
edit on 21-6-2011 by GhostLancer because: ADDITIONAL THOUGHTS

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
Also I don't use e-harmony, got rejected and guaranteed it was for my religious beliefs...they got introuble for that.
I agree that bar-hopping doesn't seem like a good way to meet people, especially if you're not into bar-hopping.

I see the smiley face after "they got introuble for that.", does that mean you're joking about that? I had done a little research about why they reject people and found a list of 5 main reasons here:
eharmony-blog.com...
And also this article from the CEO which says they don't reject people based on religion:
www.usatoday.com...

But eHarmony does not reject on the basis of religion; it has atheists, agnostics and even Wiccans among customers, he says.

Warren says he's not lukewarm about his own faith.

"I am a passionate believer," he says, sitting in the quiet eHarmony headquarters, his former therapy office, lined with bookshelves holding The Joy of Sex, volumes of Freud and everything in between.

But he says his religious beliefs are grounded in humanism and psychology, and he often intertwines the two. "I think there is something very incredible about Jesus. I don't back away from that. At the same time ... the public we want to serve is the world.
So he seems to deny rejecting people based on religion but then he's not shy about saying it's important so it's kind of a confused message.

In any case, it seems trying to match people on 29 dimensions at least sounds better than matching people on something as shallow as how they look, though I'm in no way trying to promote eharmony. A friend of mine ran a dating service for a while though which got me kind of interested in what approaches are used in the matchmaking business.

In any case I'm glad to hear you found something that worked for you!

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I picture an ATS dating mixer to be a bunch of people standing around in trench coats and dark glasses as well as a few recessed in the shadows, holding a drink and having a smoke. We'd come together over the pounchbowl to swap phone numbers like top secret files and dates would be referred to as rendezvous points.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by irsuccubus

now THATS funny!!!

Star for you

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

E-Harmony is good for some but if you don't have their core beliefs when you take their little test you can be denied. Yes there was a story on it years ago and I laughed because people usually never believe you can be rejected from there let alone for something they say they don't reject for.

I figured it wasn't for me and if they didn't like my answers or beliefs then I wasn't going to find anyone on their site for me because they too would probably be rejected

The smiley is because it is true. I don't remember the program I was watching, it was years ago that this happened.

posted on Jun, 24 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by BarmyBilly
A bit degrading, no? 'Sorry your too ugly to join us'

I bet also that a lot of people on the site aren't all that anyway.

Not that looks are everything.

But who is sad enough to make the virus?

They told me I was too good looking to join !

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join