It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BeautifulPeople.com Dating Site Dumps 30,000 'Ugly' Members

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
bottom line...dating sites are a garbage dump for the socially inept and the incredibly narcissistic. There are dating sites just for geeks, christians, chubby chasers, interracial daters and single parents....and they are all pretty much the same. Because people suck. One isnt missing out on anything from being booted from these sites because the success rate is very low to begin with. people should get off their ass and try meeting people the old fashioned way....by walking amongst them. Beauty is subjective and what modern terms dictates as "hot" is different even from things just a few decades back. The eye of the beholder is indeed a fickle thing, which is why I dont bother with the whole mess. A line from Nip Tuck will always resonate with me because I think its largely true. "Beauty is a curse on the world". And at this point...a marketable commodity. Something that appears to be benign...a good thing even...does more to bring out the ugliness of humanity than anything.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

My grand daughter in first grade.............first grade mind you came to me one day and said, "Well, I was voted the second prettiest girl in the whole class".

We sat down and had a little talk on what real beauty is and how she should judge people on how kind and honest they are.

Now, the "pretty girls" wanted my grand daughter to play a prank on one of the "ugly girls" and she refused to do so, so before leaving this school (her mother moved yet again) she was no longer allowed to eat at the "pretty girl's table".

There is a really good set of books I highly suggest. Normally I don't read Science Fiction but my grand daughter wanted this set so before giving it to her I read over it to ensure it was appropriate (she is now 10).

The books I highly recommend are from Scott Westerfeld and they are: Pretties Book 1, Uglies Book 2 and Specials Book 3..................really makes a statement about physical beauty in a New World Order, very good books.

Also Scott Westerfeld's Midnighters series was very good because it dealt with quantum physics on a child's level, time / dimension thing. There are three books in that series as well and they are; #1 The Secret Hour, #2 Blue Noon and #3 Touching Darkness.

Really good reading for Science Fiction in my opinion.

I still suggest we should have a Books Nook Section here on ATS where members can come and give a synopsis and review of good books they have read.

Scott Westerfeld's stuff is very interesting. My grand daughter loves his stuff.

The first grade story happened several grades ago...............but it floored me how young they start at now judging people by the beauty industry standards.

And by the way, read David Jacob's book, The Threat and now look at women 100 years ago considered beautiful and now.................big difference.

Our standard of beauty has changed and I suggest you read, "The Threat" and think on that changing standard coming about.

edit on 20-6-2011 by ofhumandescent because: grammar

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
wow, I survived... amazing...

well not really....

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I think if someone is going to sign up for such a site they need to realize the possible rejection.

The people who are truly attractive anyways are those who's confidence transcends their looks.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
I still suggest we should have a Books Nook Section here on ATS where members can come and give a synopsis and review of good books they have read.
How about the literature forum?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
It sounds like you're giving your granddaughter some good advice.

We shouldn't judge each other by the way we look.

But unfortunately, what we should do and what we actually do, are two different things. It's a reality that we do judge each other by the way we look. I'm not saying all of us are shallow, I look for a person's inner beauty. But I'm not any more immune than anyone else of being influenced by appearance.

Like even though this guy can't help what he looks like, it's hard to not be influenced at all by his appearance, and he probably isn't eligible for the beautiful people dating site:

Man with world's largest face tumor after surgery

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

Well I thought this was interesting. Apparently a computer virus "shrek" allowed people that signed up to be accepted as a member even if they didn't get enough votes from current members to join.

We are a vain people for sure. But I thought this story is alternitive news for sure.

What do you think of this type of webservice ATS?

abcnews.go.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

Haha I read about this in today's paper and all I could think was what pretentious arrogant losers, if anyone was ever deserving of such an attack, they would be it.

They even had the blatant audacity to say something like "It's a shame they got their hopes up, to think, if only for a moment, that they were beautiful. But it is better to have tasted a slice, than to have never" or something and I just facepalmed, eyerolled and lost the game all at once.

It would have to be a jest, but sadly, I know websites like this exist - like the one that is explicitly for people who have at least a million dollars in change...

I guess these things have always existed in one form or another, but man, I wouldn't join such an obnoxious website even if I had the looks of a greek god.

... But then, I'm not the image of a greek god, so I guess I'll never know, thank god I was born with mild uglyitus and a severe case of peopleareannoyingleavemealone-ism.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv
reply to post by LDragonFire

I think it's sad when the term beautiful only seems to apply to what is seen on the outside.

The sound of the word substandard member is unbelievable.

Can you imagine if ATS only accepted members who looked like conspiracy theorists in their photo's...what a weird bunch we would be then indeed!

You have never seen the members photo's thread then, obviously!

lmao, I kid... the ladies here are hot and the men all weird. So it's obviously a true representation.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Krzyzmo
I hope the site has a 100% sucess rate, cause getting those folks out of the dating pool is a good thing.

Zing!

And bingo, to boot !!

Kinda like the snobby suburb you always avoid because you fear the vapidness will somehow have a negative affect on your entire life.

Let them have themselves.

They, like us, decay when dead.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   
There should be a site where you can't show a pic until you've had at least 100 posts to someone. That way you would like the person for who they are and not what they look like. I'll bet in the end, most wouldn't care so much about appearance and would think the person is "beautiful" regardless...Just a thought.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

We should make a peoplewithpersonalities.com WHO'S IN?!

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Is everyone not beautiful?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
I don't see what the fuss is about.
There are websites for all kinds of humans, beautiful (like this), ugly (like most dating sites), for rich people (i was once a member on site like that, it was fun to meet people that reach my standard or even surpass it, way better than those crying losers who bitch about having no money and a #ty job) or even racial divided dating sites like ebonydatingnetwork or meetafrosingles (I guess people here would bitch about this websites too, calling them racist...no wait, only white people can be racist
)

I also don't undestand what's the problem with this website is. It's named Beautifulpeople, it's logical to kick out ugly people, they don't fit there and if they can't accept, it's their own fault.
Most people are ugly, because they don't take care of themself. They get fat, they don't care about the clothes they wearing, they don't care about their bodies, their skin to look at least decent. . People of Walmart shows a lot of those ugly, disgusting humans.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ShadowAngel85

I don't think you can join beautifulpeople.com.

The ugliness inside.... shameful.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mentalistbee

I don't think you can join beautifulpeople.com.

The ugliness inside.... shameful.

I agree... I just don't see the need for such a hateful post from them.
Especially considering the user name they chose.
edit on 21-6-2011 by maybee because: re-worded

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

You have never seen the members photo's thread then, obviously!

lmao, I kid... the ladies here are hot and the men all weird. So it's obviously a true representation.

I love that thread...but you will notice that my photo is not included...my tin foil hat is permanent!

Speaking of member photos...I have a strong suspicion that is really a picture of you in your avatar...

and that being said...How hard is it to type without thumbs? LMAO

I of course am kidding too!

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Wish I could give you two stars, one for your reply and one for your avatar........love the kitty with the nail file!

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   

And your a sexy hunk of burnin love yourself?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4Starlight2Decay0

And your a sexy hunk of burnin love yourself?

- "sexy hunk of burnin love"
That's too funny.
Good one

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by maybee

I dont know I'm notorious for typing whatever pops into my head

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
i dont think much of dating sites

hard up people use them because now "mating" has become like shopping

"hard up people" haha hardly.

I met my bf on a dating site and he is amazing and I couldn't be happier. I am not a bar person so I don't troll bars looking for my next bf. I want someone with similar interests and I get that on dating sites. I don't need a dating site but I prefer them over the alternative. I don't go to bars and places I like to go to aren't really the place you find dates, such as bookstores although I did have a guy pick me up once in a Barnes and Noble, we dated for a few months and are still friends.

I met my bf on okcupid and he is great. He is the first guy I have dated in a long time without emotional baggage of an ex, knows how to communicate and does, isn't possessive and isnt afraid of commitment or marriage. The more we talked the more we realized we had a lot in common, then when we met it was instant chemistry and I couldn't be happier. Its weird how we have the same thoughts and ideas and have said many things at the same time lol we kind of joke about that but it's nice to have someone who has my sense of humor! He has surprised me in many ways and we both have said how pleasantly surprised we were at how we get along and our interests as well as our chemistry. I have had better luck on dating sites than meeting guys in bars. The ones I met on dating sites are there to date and find someone, guys in bars are usually looking to get laid! Im not into one night stands!

So your idea that only the hard up go to them just isn't so. I am in no way hard up

Serious people go to them to actually date and the ones that are there for one night stands and crap like that you can pick out just by their profile most of the time. Also how is going to a bar and looking at chicks not the same thing as looking at profiles online? I don't see a difference really.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join