It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BeautifulPeople.com Dating Site Dumps 30,000 'Ugly' Members

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
maybe they didnt wanna get sued for false advertisement?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Was the virus really to allow anyone to join (with only that in mind,

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I was surprised at the headline, considering the facts.

The "ugly" members got on via a hacked vulnerability in it's verification system.

So essentially, these were not legitimate members and the title could just as well have said, "BeautifulPeople.com Dating Site infiltrated by 30,000 unauthorized members."

Now, such a headline might not reflect the message which is clearly being sent by the ABC.

This message is that these vain people exclude those who they feel are not appealing enough to their sense of beauty.

I am presuming this judgement is rendered upon the members "looking at" pictures of supplicants wanting to join their rank.

It is THEIR community, and they will do as they will.

That is why this is America.

What it says about the members is up to each of us, as individuals to assess, if we are so inclined.

I think it's safe to say, with a high degree of certainty, I would neither feel, nor be, welcome in such a place. But I cannot forget that the right, to separate into a community, is the most vulnerable when we begin to do anything besides disagree with those who choose to 'define' themselves this way.

And if you are inclined to think of desirability in terms of the "BeautifulPeople.com" metric; that is your right.

Now to venture out into the wilderness on this story. I question several levels of the idea of people having to be 'acceptable' to the group-think at play here, in order to belong.

But ultimately, I think there is a contributing 'cause' for the behavior.

I would like to hear some opinions about the idea of physical beauty; because surely this is what it's "all about."

Some authoritatively state that the impulse seek 'beauty' in your partner has to do with our primal urge to find a healthy mate. But as I believe in love, (yes - cliche, sorry) I see that "urge" as cartoonishly out of place in my reality. Am I that out of touch with the these people?
edit on 20-6-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

I bet they did no such thing and I doubt the "virus" exists.

Think: Before you read this thread, how many of you had even heard of that dating site?

Publicity stunt, pure and simple.
edit on 20-6-2011 by mydarkpassenger because: add

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

All it really is, is an other exclusive site that those that find it and are taken in by its adverts wil join.

Its actually providing a service to those who arnt subbed, the egocentric beautiful people who typicaly dont need to work on person skills in this day and age, find each other and boom, removed from the pool.

Im not bad to look at, but i dont want anyone from that site who joined legally and i wouldnt not action my ideals up by joining either.

Moral of this sotry is: number 1, who cares and number 2, feeling bad to those that wanted to asipe to such speicific stanards and thought for a while they had.

EDIT: also those good lookin' types probably have their email and password spread accross the data sales market right now for all we know (virus payload?).
edit on 20-6-2011 by Biigs because: added edit

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
i'd never heard of 'beautiful.c0m' before this thread, but of coarse i only know of the dating sites advertised on tv
i'll guess its a BS publicity stunt. would someone actually make a virus so ugly people can virtually mingle with the beautifull ones?
would 30,000 ugly people think 'ah beatifull .c0m, thats where my pic should be'?
silly story for attention i think, sounds like a horrible site anyway.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I am reminded of a song.... The lyrics are very simple.... If you want to be happy for the rest of your life, never make a pretty woman your wife. So from my personal point of view, get an ugly girl to marry you.

Hmm, I think those who got turned down from that site should start a new site called.... uglypeople.com or maybe... SaneNonegotisicalpeople.com

Something like that.
edit on 20-6-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

LOL Awesome song

very relevant

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

I was thinking the exact same thing; an ugly.com that rejects beautiful people lol. However, it occurs to me that is simply the obverse of the beautiful. com thing and is therefore just as undesireable. If I am honest with myself I certainly am vulnerable to certain beautiful ones, but also, I have developed a kind of immunity response to the stereotypical modes of beauty - probably due to an overexposure to msm stereotypical beauty choices (of course the irony here is that that in itself is also somewhat unfair to some individuals). Personally I find certain kinds of uniqueness and flaws attractive for their individuality. (Strangely the CBC newsworld is broadcasting this story at the time of this writing.) I think it takes a very active effort these days to counteract the predominantly advertised modes of beauty - it requires discipline. If we are concerned with this kind of activity then we have to actively seek other modes of beauty (the good news being that there are many, many, kinds of beauty in this world) that genuinely appeal to us, the individual, as opposed to the mass consumerist. It is a kind of unlearning as well; we are generally overstaturated with media images in particular proclaiming our many defects (classic advertising ploy - CREATE a need and then fill it...).

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
This is also the site that dropped certain people after they gained some weight over the holidays. So, apparently, five pounds is the line between ugly and beautiful at this site...which means that it's run by people who are "beautiful", but morons.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
It's a private company.

They have every right to boot whoever they want as long as their's no legal/financial binding agreement.

Let those who choose, do their dating sites, but I'll stick to going by the feel of the woman in person, and knowing intuitively if she's worth my time or not...

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Beauti is in the eye of the beholder, what one person thinks is ugly, may be gorgeous in another's and vice versa

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
maybe we should all adopt
Shallow Hal's outlook, then
everybody would be beautiful.

starring Jack Black

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I hope the site has a 100% sucess rate, cause getting those folks out of the dating pool is a good thing.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
It is well known that 'looks' do indeed play a huge part in human mating,
If it wasn't for your ancestors selective breeding, then none of you would be here today.
It is in human nature to look for 'looks' when selecting a mate, so don't just label humans as 'vain' for following their instincts.
Besides, as a mostly bald species you show off most of your features, so what is the harm In wanting what you show to be nothing but the best?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I warned my son against marrying his first wife, ohhhhhhhhhhhh but she was 5'1" tall, 110 pounds (if she was wearing a soaking wet towel), billowing blonde hair, perfect skin, cute small nose and big brown eyes............in other words a very very pretty girl on the outside.

Well, inside she's as rotten as the most foul stuff you can think of.

Mean to the core.

Loves to fight.

Doesn't know the word compromise or how to love anyone but herself and that includes her only child, my beautiful grand daughter who can't even stand her.

When my son first brought her home his comment was, "Wow mom, what do you think is she beautiful or what!"

I warned him, "She's a cold hearted *itch and will make you sorry you ever met her.

Arrogant, selfish, use to having everyone bow to her because she is so physically beautiful. A psycopath with a spoiled princess complex.

I'm not saying all beautiful people are this way, but in our case and with our experience - read my other blogs, I'm emotionally tired of the nasty divorce that now only allows me to see my beloved grand daughter a few times a year................even my grand daughter, who like wise is very pretty can't stand her mother.

Once my grand daughter asked me why I married grandpa (38 years this June 22) and I replied, "He was kind, smart and honest............those are the most important qualities in a person".

She replied, "What about his blue eyes Grandma?"

I chuckled and replied, "Yes his blue eyes attracted me too."

Our society is partly to blame, hollywood stresses and only mostly shows "beautiful" looking people, we worship them, idolize them, throw huge sums of money at them...............many people are very superficial.

My son learned the hard way, he is now being messed over BIG TIME and the court system is allowing his ex to screw with him royally, even to the point of stalking and harrassing his new fiance and ignoring "joint custody rulings".

While my husband is very handsome, he just celebratedhis 67th birthday, he, to me has grown more handsome with every year because he is so kind, so patient and such a good person.

Looks fade with time...............you can also always visit a plastic surgeon, so don't over look someone because they're not gorgeous.

I have always found people that didn't have the world handed to them on a platter way more interesting, deep and intellectual on many levels.

And, in my youth, I was really considered pretty.

Aging is a &itch, most of us as we age lose our looks.................but I wouldn't go back to being 20 again if offered if I also had to include my arrogance, air headed, clueless attitude.

It took years for me to grow up and aging helped.

One last thing about being older and not quite as "hot".............people leave you alone more, they don't walk up out of the blue and want to "get to know you". I like being left alone or approached by kind, intellegent deep thinking people vs the one night stand or people out to use you.

edit on 20-6-2011 by ofhumandescent because: grammar

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Forevever

LOL Awesome song

very relevant

Ha, glad you like it. Yeah, it just seemed to fit...

Again, id love to see those who were booted off that site start a new site called uglypeople.com or something. This could be the song they use for the commercial... It would be funny to say the least.

Man, that song puts me in a good mood for some reason.

Here's to the "ugly" people! Cheers!

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Krzyzmo

Einstein would have been rejected, so would Mozart, and many of the people who really made our society progress.

Wishing you and your Barbi all the best

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I wonder if anyone kills themselves now because they didn't make the cut for the website, could the families sue? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by Krzyzmo

Einstein would have been rejected, so would Mozart, and many of the people who really made our society progress.

Wishing you and your Barbi all the best

Oh now you make an AWESOME point that I never even thought about.

John Lennon, Davinci,Einstien, Ghandi, Buddha, Stephen Hawking... All those people who are geniuses of their own field and who changed the world would have not been allowed in...

It's like I say... Let go of your hatred and prejudice, you will miss out on knowing truly amazing people, otherwise.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join