It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did she commit 'suicide by snake'? Woman killed by African black mamba she kept in New York home

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Did she commit 'suicide by snake'? Woman killed by African black mamba she kept in New York home along with 75 others

www.dailyma il.co.uk

A woman is feared to have committed 'suicide by snake'.
Aleta Stacey is thought to have deliberately allowed herself to be bitten by a deadly black Mamba snake.
The 56-year-old was found dead at the New York home she shares with 75 other snakes, most of them poisonous.
But friends and family believe Stacey could have deliberately allowed herself to be bitten.
They said she was an experienced snake handler who knew the dangers of getting to close to the fast and venomous snake.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 20-6-2011 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
This is one of the most bizzare stories I've come across. I can empathize with someone who is so emotionally distrought that they want to take their life (although I don't agree with it), but doing so in such a painful manner, much like the man who recently set himself on fire, baffles me.

Some animals are just wild and cannot be domesticated, as demonstrated by this incident, and therefor I don't believe should be allowed to be kept as pets.

www.dailyma il.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
it may seem like she commited suicide the evidence does point to that with her not making the call.

but with the stories her friends are saying like she was unhappy but she loved her snakes ... and had a boyfriend aswell..

knowing this I think she cared greatly for her animals and would not leave them in this position they were very lucky to go to the zoo.
I think she would have at least made preparations for her animals before intentionally being bitten,
also leaving the cage open for the snake to get out and bite anyone else...
that doesn't seem rational for a woman who cared for 75 snakes. but suicide is not rational...

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
If she experienced paralysis, she wouldn't have been able to make a phone call. It seems an awfully gruesome choice of a way to die.

Neurological and Neuromuscular: These signs and symptoms will usually manifest earliest. Not all signs and symptoms will necessarily develop, even with severe envenomation.
Respiratory paralysis or Dyspnea

Excessive salivation (Oral secretions may become profuse and thick)

Drowsiness

Restlessness

Sudden loss of consciousness

Ptosis

Ophthalmoplegia

Paresthesias and Dysesthesias

Palatal paralysis

Glossopharyngeal paralysis or Dysphagia

Vertigo

Fasciculations

Limb paralysis

Ataxia

Head drooping (Cervical muscle paresis or paralysis)

Headache

Local pain or Numbness around bite site (tends to be mild)

General: These symptoms typically manifest within thirty minutes to four hours following the bite if envenomation occurred.

Shock

Hypotension

Abdominal Pain (may be severe)

Nausea and Vomiting

Regional lymphadenopathy and Lymphadenalgia

Fever

Epistaxis

Flushing of the face

Warm skin

Increased Sweating

Pallor

Source

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Al Wilson...

She should have stuck with blue racers.
edit on 20-6-2011 by shushu because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I heard of crazy cat ladies before.

But never have I heard of a crazy snake lady.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
most of them poisonous.
But friends and family believe Stacey could have deliberately allowed herself to be bitten.
They said she was an experienced snake handler who knew the dangers of getting to close to the fast and venomous snake

snakes are not poisonous they are venomous cant be both they need better editors

new topics

top topics

join