It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most of you people have lost your minds

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 9 2004 @ 10:11 PM
link   
serenity now,

I lean mainly to the right as well, and I partly agree with you. It's a little hard to say which position I am permanently. Right now, I'm more of a conservative republican. I keep an open mind, and what I find to be the truth based on the evidence I look for, I agree with. Right now I do agree with Bush, and the war effort but if there was suddenly some crazy candidate that said he was republican, I wouldn't vote for him just because I consider myself republican. (Does that make me independent?) I don't agree with you calling everyone insane, but I do agree that most of the people here lean mainly to the left left, and think that they are right no matter what just because their opinion is that of the liberal persuasion(compared to the rest of the country..although leaning more to the left is rising VERY RAPIDLY in this country) You will see I have debated on the conservative side many times against other people, (Look at some of the threads I have posted on.) I've also commented ALOT on people thinking that they're smarter/more open minded than me just because they believe all kinds of wacky things. On the other hand, I do believe in the paranormal. I'm a christian, and if God's real, so is satan as well as demons. If something like God can exist, certainly ghosts can as well.

[Edited on 9-8-2004 by Herman]

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by serenitynow
This site has turned from being a theorist and philosophers discussion tool into a breeding ground for hate.

A powerful statement.

And yes, hate breeds hate.

The corrupt incumbent administration of the US relies on that to feed its industrial-military connections.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Too funny...."I've been coming to this site for YEARS now"...since he was a lass of 9 or 10. Need I say more?

Bottom line, if you don't like what's going on here, LEAVE! Nobody has to prove anything to you, you go research it for yourself. These are merely suggestions.

I, for one, believe September 11 was staged. I also believe Oklahoma City was staged. THAT, my dear, is your propaganda. All it takes for me to know is this: an hour after "9/11" happened, they knew who did it, why and how many. So then tell me..how? We brag to have the best intelligence in the world, yet we couldn't stop hijackers? BS. September 11 gave our government the reason they needed to begin this "war on terror" that is a bunch of crap. It gave them a reason to invade 2 countries. They knew Americans wouldn't support the war unless something drastic happened. Have you ever studied pre-WWII Germany? I HAVE. The Nazi's gained control in a very large way by burning the Reichstag. Do you know what the Reichstag is? It's comparable to the White House. It was and is symbolic to the German people....just as the WTC was to Americans. This country is turning into that. This is my personal belief and I don't expect you to believe it. I also don't want to hear you gripe about it telling me I have to show you proof. I don't have to show anybody but myself.

By the way, your eloquence of the written word astounds me...I was amused, in particular, with "You are not some geniuses and experts. Most of you are paranoid pyschos like I used to be." The plural form of genius is genii. But....then again you aren't a paranoid psycho anymore...and you now sift through things before you believe them. I suppose you sifted through a dictionary and didn't believe what it had to say...

And just to finish this off...I was once a conservative Republican, too. Perhaps I can suggest you study Aristotle's theory of Government. Then I suggest you study the history of many governments. You will then see why I believe September 11 was staged.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
[edit on 9-8-2004 by serenitynow]

Ok, so how about, instead of whining about how much you don't like this site or the topics then you do something about it. Create some new threads that are based on your new views on life. Ask some tough questions to the people who's vires are different from your own. Get involved!

For now you won't get any of the support you are looking for if you are not contributing to the cause. And on a side note, I don't care how much book smarts you think you have, your age is a limiting factor in your ability to see the real world. Your 15 so I can safely assume you don't have a job, don't pay taxes, don't have to support a family (or even yourself), don't pay rent/mortgage...these are al things that will shape your views in life. You can't have too many opinions on things until you have experienced them first hand, and the issue if politics revolve on all of those things I just mentioned.

Good luck! And remember, there is a big difference between knowledge and intelligence.

AMEN TO THAT!

[Edited on 11-8-2004 by amber83]

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by amber83

. . .
By the way, your eloquence of the written word astounds me...I was amused, in particular, with "You are not some geniuses and experts. Most of you are paranoid pyschos like I used to be." The plural form of genius is genii. . . .

Wrong.

"Genius" has two meanings. The first is a person of extraordinary intellectual power. The plural for that modern English word is "geniuses."

The other meaning of "Genius" is " the superior or divine nature which is innate in everything, the spirit, the tutelar deity or genius of a person or place . . ." If the author had been refering to a god or guardian spirit, then yes, genii would have been correct. However in the context used, geniuses WAS correct.

See for yourself:

dictionary.reference.com...

We all see a lot of typos and off-the-cuff remarks on these posts. Better to let a brother persist in ignorance, than to correct him and prove your own.

On to the heart of the matter:

You certainly don't have to post evidence or proof for the things you write; this forum is a lot like a crowded, smoke-filled bar, with people shouting a thousand ill-considered viewpoints at once. Certainly, if you are entitled to post YOUR opinions without evidence in a strident and snide voice, you can hardly refuse serenitynow the same luxury.

If serenitynow complains about the cacophany of paranoid rantings, if you really want to deny ignorance, if you have a shred of intellectual integrity, you ought to extend the same ill-starred logic to your own posts:

If you don't like his thread, why are YOU posting on it? ? ? ?

Because both of you, ALL of you, love to complain. That's why.

(me, I love to watch.)

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Just like everything else in life, if you find something you really enjoy, chances are that there are going to be other people who enjoy it just as much but have less respect for you and your expectations.....posting in ATS is a hobby - just like golfing, hacking, partying, etc... If every golfer on the course paid attention to the rules like I do, then chances are I wouldn't be held up on the course with a foursome in front of me that's trying to take shots of whiskey and putt at the same time.

Put your glasses on, pick a pile of threads, and then proceed to sift thru.

Every thread and post here is not a rare gem and many are rubbish. If you don't like someone's research, do a better job than the other person and prove to them they're wrong. If they don't listen, then move on. If you don't enjoy doing these things, then why even participate?

You came to ATS b/c you enjoyed the quality of the information. If you think it has slipped up somewhere then don't just tell us someone spilled some milk, get some towels and help clean it up.

[Edited on 8/10/2004 by EnronOutrunHomerun]

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   

All it takes for me to know is this: an hour after "9/11" happened, they knew who did it, why and how many. So then tell me..how?

Wrong. We did not know exactly who did it. We had a hunch that it was binladin because he's always doing things like this, and our hunch was right. I agree, bush has wanted to deal with Saddam for a while now, and with good reason.

By the way, EnronOutrunHomerun makes a good point.

[Edited on 10-8-2004 by Herman]

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
The kid said he has been lurking for 3 years(Since age 12...lol) and just now starts to comment once he has decided he doesnt like the place anymore???

hmm sounds like B.S. to me

We dont buy B.S. here kid..try selling your crap elsewhere

[Edited on 10-8-2004 by bigtex007]

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Apparently, you like to gripe too

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 05:54 PM
link   
A hunch...I suppose, on a hunch, the President ordered the bombing of a country said to harbor Bin Laden. Right-O. Ridiculous.

There's just too much about it that makes me believe it was planned. And you know, I used to be a supporter of the Bush administration...I campaigned for the man! There's too much drama, it's too story-book.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Nice contribution. Don't let the turkeys get you down amber83.

Follow your logic and your reasoning skills and you will find more correct conclusions than Fox TV are trying to dish out.

There will always be people trying to sweep the truth of 9/11 under the carpet. Whitehouse and Commissions included.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   

A hunch...I suppose, on a hunch, the President ordered the bombing of a country said to harbor Bin Laden. Right-O. Ridiculous.

*Sigh*. There I was giving you enough credit to decipher that I was only saying we didn't know who it was AT FIRST. I said that he was our hunch from the beginning, and we were right. We later had enough evidence to discover that it WAS him FOR SURE. Don't twist my words, you will be greeted with much dis-respect. And what's the evidence that we planned it? Please, enlighten me.

Oh, thought I'd mention: I used to be anti-Bush. I used to be liberal. I found the truth; looked past all the stuff our liberal media was trying to tell us. And yes, most of our media is liberal. There's fox, and some conservative talk radio stations. The rest report all the bad things, but neglect to mention the good.

[Edited on 10-8-2004 by Herman]

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Herman

Whoever said I was going off the news?

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Yeah, who did? I never said that you were going off the news. I guess I implied it by saying that we found out that it WAS BinLaden.. Ok, then tell me: Where are you getting your information? Evidence, please.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Herman,

I prepare to be greeted by disrespect, now.
Boo hoo. I enjoy a good debate, though. This 'we' you speak of must live in an alternate universe, because last time I checked, only the hysterical mass media claimed that Bin Laden was responsible. The FBI hasn't even said he is, in your words, FOR SURE, responsible. Don't believe me? Check here. Bin Laden Wanted FBI Poster

Now next time you want to be condescending towards me, do your homework on the subject.

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Where's your 'evidence' that it was Bin Laden? Show me yours and I'll show you mine!

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   
This looks like ATS mateiral.....Take it there - you're just feeding fuel to the fire for this guys whole thread topic

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 07:44 PM
link   
LOL but it is so much fun

But I will take your suggestions, I post over there too!

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Herman,

I prepare to be greeted by disrespect, now.
Boo hoo. I enjoy a good debate, though. This 'we' you speak of must live in an alternate universe, because last time I checked, only the hysterical mass media claimed that Bin Laden was responsible. The FBI hasn't even said he is, in your words, FOR SURE, responsible. Don't believe me? Check here. Bin Laden Wanted FBI Poster

Now next time you want to be condescending towards me, do your homework on the subject.

Hm, interesting. That link ...doesn't say anything about binladen not bombing the WTC. Perhapse, you sent me the wrong link. It does, however, show him responsible for alot of other bombings. I don't know where you found that, but it also doesn't look very credible. I said that I was dis-respecting you because you twisted my words, which still rings true. I never said that we bombed the WTC on a hunch. By the way..you said you wanted evidence:

Click here

posted on Aug, 10 2004 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Oh..and by the way, why is it that you'll only believe the FBI? When Bush says that the Tailban did it, and cheney...and the CIA, you don't believe it? You need to see it from the FBI?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join