It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cutting funding to cops and fire may lead to marshall law

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I have noticed in the news that Cops are getting there budgets cut more often then normal. I under stand that money is running out but i would think cutting cop money would be last option. I read about the feds cutting money to states and counties drug task forces. If we were to go into marshall law They would want cops gone and just replace them with troops. If you think about all of the little things that have been happening it sure seems like they are trying to make it easy to take total controll. Here is a link to a blog talking about it too.
joshtolley.wordpress.com...

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerman24

It would probably be an improvement to cut cop funding. most of the just go around Abusing their powers anyway

They are Gestapo. They are a brotherhood most cops will not report fellow police officers when they see them abusing their powers and trampling all over the rights of citizens.

Just because they have the gun and noted as being an officer. Gives them a false-sense of Superiority and they most cops are egotistical nut cases.

They will plant evidence to falsify and frame people.

They will murder someone and plant weapons to justify their cause

If they have a grudge against someone they could kill them and plant for an excuse to self-defense

They can beat and assault people for no reason at all and get away with it.

They can even invade your home for Using mind altering substance shoot your dog and kill you too. All under the Name of Justice.

When its really not "Protect and Serve"

Its "Abuse and Enslave"

Most Cops will give you an excuse when you ask them your tax money goes to them so they have a job

So the cops essentially work for the people 'You and me'

Police become Angry and Frustrated and Irrational when you say this to them Because they do not like to be told what to do.

They are egotistical. Some even Sociopath Power hungry and Superiority-Complex

But in reality the Police can only pay their Taxes through their employment money which is usually 100% tax money.

"but u pay your taxes from being funded through your employment by tax money
» understand! conundrum!"

Beware many Police are out to get you.
edit on 20-6-2011 by TheUniverse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheUniverse
reply to post by badgerman24

It would probably be an improvement to cut cop funding. most of the just go around Abusing their powers anyway

Do you have any evidence to back that statement up?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerman24
I have noticed in the news that Cops are getting there budgets cut more often then normal. I under stand that money is running out but i would think cutting cop money would be last option. I read about the feds cutting money to states and counties drug task forces. If we were to go into marshall law They would want cops gone and just replace them with troops. If you think about all of the little things that have been happening it sure seems like they are trying to make it easy to take total controll. Here is a link to a blog talking about it too.

Who is this they you speak of?

What kind of control are they after?

What would their purpose be for doing this?

Why would troops obey them and police wouldn't?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Marshall has his own law now? If it’s anything like Martial Law, that would be scary.

Aside from being a smartass, my city is dying and the police (the union has been dissolved) force is being handled by the county sheriff instead. We’ve already had a declining force, but it doesn’t seem the crime rates have jumped, actually it seems to have eased down. Of course that could be because everyone’s moved out, my town literally looks like something from The Road movie, minus abandoned and burning cars in the middle of the streets.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by badgerman24

My first thought was that the US has too many cops as it is. I keep hearing about them harassing people, and arresting people over things like debt they owe, lemonade stands, selling excess garden produce.........

They should be busy keeping dangerous criminals off the streets, not the above type issues.

And then I think about the way they're behaving now, and the issues that they're taking on, and they're already getting people ready for a fascist type of martial (marshall ?) law enforcement.

Funding to firemen should never be cut, unless they have too many sitting around all of the time. Smaller towns sometimes to good with volunteer firemen as long as the equipment is available and up to date.

I don't know, I watch a lot of American news these days, and it seems to be just too many weird things with the government, and the courts, many politicians and law enforcement people seem to be losing their brains lately.

The USA used to be a sane place, so good, so normal. Since 9/11 happened, things changed, but lately, it's gone batcrap crazy really fast.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Marshall law? Nope. It's far more likely to lead to privatized police and firefighting. Not to say that won't be mostly the same people (retired military and displaced existing forces). It's also a very convenient way to get out of paying all those pensions that the government stole and now can't pay.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

It's far more likely to lead to privatized police and firefighting.

I seriously doubt that. The state will never give up its monopoly on defense.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by AMANNAMEDQUEST
Marshall has his own law now? If it’s anything like Martial Law, that would be scary.

Aside from being a smartass, my city is dying and the police (the union has been dissolved) force is being handled by the county sheriff instead. We’ve already had a declining force, but it doesn’t seem the crime rates have jumped, actually it seems to have eased down. Of course that could be because everyone’s moved out, my town literally looks like something from The Road movie, minus abandoned and burning cars in the middle of the streets.

HAHAHA That was a big slip. My bad

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Who is Marshall? Why do I care about his laws? Martial law might an issue, but Marshall? Who cares?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

wow you were pretty late on that one. Read before you post

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint

Er...how is this really different than private military contractors (PMCs)? They sure gave up that "monopoly on defense: fast enough. There are those who want to privatize all government functions to put more of our money into their pals' pockets.

Ha...I didn't even notice "Marshall."

edit on 6/20/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint

Er...how is this really different than private military contractors (PMCs)? They sure gave up that "monopoly on defense: fast enough. There are those who want to privatize all government functions to put more of our money into their pals' pockets.

Ha...I didn't even notice "Marshall."

edit on 6/20/2011 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

PMCs are funded by the taxpayer though. PDA's wouldn't be funded by the taxpayer. It would most likely be person to person pay. PDA's would be horrible for the govt, if I could legally hire a PDA to protect me from the govt for around 50 bucks a month how would the govt ever collect tax money or anything from me?

PDA's aren't a bad idea, it will never happen irl though.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Cutting funding to cops and fire may lead to marshall law.

It also may lead to people learning to rely on themselves and the state couldn't have that happen now could they?

new topics

top topics

join