It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Acting ATF Director to Resign Over Gun-Buying Sting

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Acting ATF Director to Resign Over Gun-Buying Sting

www.newsmax.com

Kenneth Melson, the acting director of the Bureau of Tobacco, Alcohol and Firearms (ATF), is expected to step down in the wake of the “Fast and Furious” gun-running scheme in which weapons were sold to Mexico’s drug cartels.

Attorney General Eric Holder is to meet with Andrew Traver, head of the ATF field office in Chicago on Tuesday, about replacing Melson, the network says.

Under Operation Fast and Furious and its sister program Project Gunrunner, about 2,000 weapons were sold to so-called straw buyers, who in turn sold them on to the cartels. The idea was that it would allow the
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Mark my words. Obama and his administartion is tied to this unforgiveable mess.

Americans and innocent Mexicans have been killed by these weapons. Of course Obama and Holder are going to say they didn't have any knowledge of the activity taking place.

I don't hear Obama saying "any more secret ops going on like this need to be brought to my attention and reviewed.

Nor any out-rage from ANY Obama official as US Border Agents are killed because of this and the weapons.

Let this Obama Patsy resign, then let the families of the dead officers have their way with him. We'll get to the bottom of this.

Maybe a little water boarding will help get the truth. I just love how the media is smoothing this over. Had this happened to Bush....... you would think the end of the world was happening. Ameicans...... fools being lead by a fool.

This was all a plan to make it look like American guns couldn't be controled for a Full Frontal attack on US Gun Rights.

A 'Fast and Furious' border fiasco

The Justice Department, which oversees the ATF, says the idea was to allow the sale of handguns, AK-47s and .50 caliber rifles to so-called "straw purchasers," who'd then pass them along to the cartels. In theory, ATF agents would then trace the extent of the smuggling networks in an effort to stop the illegal cross-border gun trade.

www.nypost.com...

edit on 6/20/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
In my opinion this is just another CIA scheme.

Just flood Mexico with illegal weapons, make the cartels have war with the Mexican Govt/Police/Army until the point that the US teams up with Canada to end it and form the North American Union.

just my 2 cents

GM

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I agree with the analysis but the problem with the USA government is that its too big to justify itself and its over-bloated budget, so it needs false flag attacks to achieve its ends. The ATF director resigns and some other criminal takes over.

Although I disagree with republicans on EVERYTHING, I do have some respect for Ron Paul who is a bit more honest than your typical politician.

Lastly the whole war on drugs is a sham as well because its elite business only, and the idea is not to stop drugs from getting in(like illegal citizens and weapons) but to tightly control the transactions for maximum gain...financial of course! The lower the supply....the higher the price! Supply versus demand 101

Billions of dollars are wasted on an over-bloated federal budget going to the alphabet agencies for covert activities, that could have been put to better use for social welfare programs. Of course the democrats will mildely agree and the republicans will strongely disagree.

I give obama credit. He is much better than bush!!!

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
So they "just happen" to know WHO to sell these guns to so they can start to track them?? HOW??? Where's the report on that??

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
obama and holder need to go not make someone else the patsy.

i said in another thread recently that gunwalker and fast and furious were a means to an end.

1 create instability in mexico and get more mexicans to flee into this country then sooner after pass amensty and secure the largest voting block in america.
2. use the gun scandals as a tool to get rid of guns here in america.

it was a two pronged assault to get what he wants.

i still dont buy most of the guns came from the us most drug dealers wouldnt be caught dead using those weapons that have been parade around by the msm.

the only thing that matters is the perception and his politcal agenda.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
And of course the SOBs above him who authorized this will never get anything from this. Yes, I'm talking about Holder and Obama.

Charge those three with providing aid and arms to terrorists. Because those weapons killed one US border guard, at least 150 mexico cops/soldiers and who knows how many civilians.

§ 2339A. Providing material support to terrorists

(a) Offense.— Whoever provides material support or resources or conceals or disguises the nature, location, source, or ownership of material support or resources, knowing or intending that they are to be used in preparation for, or in carrying out, a violation of section 32, 37, 81, 175, 229, 351, 831, 842 (m) or (n), 844 (f) or (i), 930 (c), 956, 1091, 1114, 1116, 1203, 1361, 1362, 1363, 1366, 1751, 1992, 2155, 2156, 2280, 2281, 2332, 2332a, 2332b, 2332f, 2340A, or 2442 of this title, section 236 of the Atomic Energy Act of 1954 (42 U.S.C. 2284), section 46502 or 60123 (b) of title 49, or any offense listed in section 2332b (g)(5)(B) (except for sections 2339A and 2339B) or in preparation for, or in carrying out, the concealment of an escape from the commission of any such violation, or attempts or conspires to do such an act, shall be fined under this title, imprisoned not more than 15 years, or both, and, if the death of any person results, shall be imprisoned for any term of years or for life. A violation of this section may be prosecuted in any Federal judicial district in which the underlying offense was committed, or in any other Federal judicial district as provided by law.

Life in jail for the three.

Either that or not everyone is equal under the law... and the US is lawless country. Oh wait, it is!
edit on 20-6-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The other aspect from this fiasco I've been thinking about is...

How will the U.N. play into confiscating U.S. citizen's guns. Obama's stance on Libya was (and is) that all the authorization he needed to start "kinetic military action"
was from the U.N.

Now, we all know how the U.N. feels about private gun owner membership in its member countries.

So...

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Government officials and powerful businessmen resign and walk with all their possessions and freedom intact. They get re-hired with a powerful lobbying firm or run for governor (see Mark Scott, Florida) The common citizen is tried and sent to prison for years for much, much, much less.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I can only dream that Holder will get nailed with charges in all of this mess. It takes more than one cook to stink up a kitchen this big. Obama says "I knew nuthin' bout it" Just a simple and yet familiar defense. This stunt backfired!!!

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Resignation?

No, he should be immediately reassigned... He should have to personally go into Mexico and be tasked with collecting every weapon, personally... One at a time if necessary.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fractured.Facade
Resignation?

No, he should be immediately reassigned... He should have to personally go into Mexico and be tasked with collecting every weapon, personally... One at a time if necessary.

And I think he should be forced to wear a pink tutu while doing it.
And of course, all would be filmed.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Magic
In my opinion this is just another CIA scheme.

Just flood Mexico with illegal weapons, make the cartels have war with the Mexican Govt/Police/Army until the point that the US teams up with Canada to end it and form the North American Union.

just my 2 cents

GM

Apparently we are on the same wavelength.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
This acting Director... what a putz. Stand up for yourself. Tell the truth. Otherwise, YOU KILLED US BORDER OFFICERS~

He must have been promised something big. Something tells me we'll be seeing more of him in the future.

Let's see how long it takes for any REAL reporting to get done. Hopefully, the National Esquire is on the case, like they usually are in these type of things. Not afraid to go after the lib/dems.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I believe that the ATF director should be brought up on charges.

Aiding and abetting weapons trafficking.
Aiding and abetting the transport of controlled narcotics.
Accessory to the murder of a federal agent and many more.

Once he is arrested, offer him a plea deal. Tells us who else higher up had knowledge of this operation. He’ll sing just to cover his butt saying, “I was only following orders.”

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Very Excellent Idea Sir.

But, who and/or which gov't agency will/would be responsible for that.

And, what if it does lead to Obama and he says... Screw You, what are you gonna do about it?

Well, what are we-as a nation-will to do and how determined are we if we meet resistence?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Looks like Mr. Melson is the Ollie North of the Obama administration.

2nd line.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Good question. But it should be the final nail in the coffin come election time (Hopefully). But would the next President have the cojones to right the ship. Maybe have a investigation?

Obviously I am no legal scholar, but can one executive decision, nullify all the previous administrations executive desicions in one fell swoop?

Nullifying bills would still have to be passed through Congress I believe, through other bills.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

You know, I don't even care anymore. I say we know he is thumbing his nose at the courts, the Constitution, his own civil & military attys ALL while being the "Noble Peace Prize Winner". (give me a break
)

I say investigate everything and we determine now, as a nation, what a POTUS can do. And these Czars, Eric Holder & Co at the Justice Dept, Auto-Penning legislation, Wars that he calls.... total B.S.

He isn't GOD or a King, or Dictator..... Unless we LET HIM!!!

We'll get to the bottom of this... if Obama is removed from office in 2012. Otherwise, it will be decades before any remaining infomation is found and brought forth publically. They/We will all be long dead by then.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Why these actions are a welcome relief and long over due...

Gun control at the border
The Obama administration has taken a a small but significant step that could help federal authorities keep weapons sold in the U.S. out of the hands of Mexican gangs and drug cartels. www.latimes.com...

The regulation is a small but significant tool that could help federal authorities keep weapons sold in the United States out of the hands of Mexican gangs and drug cartels. Rather than tracing an AK-47 after it has been recovered from a crime scene, ATF agents may be able to intervene before the weapon is smuggled across the border.

And earlier....

The U.S. Justice Department considers the Mexican drug cartels as the greatest organized crime threat to the United States

In March 2009, the Obama administration outlined plans to redeploy more than 500 federal agents to border posts and redirect $200 million to combat smuggling of illegal drugs, money and weapons.[227] On May 25, 2010 President Obama authorized deployment of 1,200 National Guard troops to the U.S. border with Mexico to assist with border protection and enforcement activities, as well as help train additional Customs and Border Protection agents. en.wikipedia.org...

Isn't it possible this corruption has been going on for a while with the running guns and trading for drugs to Mexico? How do you think the US gets it marijuana? Well a great deal of it anyway. Why pay cash when guns are cheap and worth more than cash when you are trading with a Mexican for pot?
edit on 17-7-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join