It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something going down at Nebraska Nuclear Plant!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

FAA declares 'no-fly' zone directly over crippled Nebraska nuclear plant, but claims everything is just fine

Natural News Last week, NaturalNews reported that rising Missouri River flood waters prompted officials to declare a "Notification of Unusual Event" as the Fort Calhoun Nuclear plant just outside of Omaha, Neb. Since that time, flood waters have continued to rise, the US Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) has declared a mysterious two-mile radius "no-fly" zone around the plant for unknown reasons, and federal officials continue to claim in spite of all this that plant is just fine. According to reports, the plant has been in shutdown mode since April for refueling, and is allegedly still dry inside, despite being literally surrounding in every direction by massive flood waters. However, after the notification of unusual event was announced, as well as the cryptic FAA declaration that no aircraft is permitted to fly anywhere near the plant, some are questioning what is really going on at the plant.

Apparent media blackout on the issue..

So what is going down at the Nebraskan Nuclear Power plant?

Natural News
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Have some respect and decency towards the family of Casey Anthony. Why make a thread on Nebraska nuclear plant when the world worries over casey anthony! Do you any concern for human life?

sarcasm

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
That one was unexpected.lmao

link   
reply to post by TechUnique

I would guess that the airspace over a nuclear power plant is always restricted? If not, it should be!

Two miles is plenty close enough to get some decent photographs and IR readings. Maybe some of our ATS follks should take one of those $100 cheeseburger flights (pilot joke) and snap some photos.

link   

If the info we get is as good of info as the Japanese govt and TEPCO releases, who freakin' knows what is really happening there??

People will find out when their hair and teeth start falling out, I suppose.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

I would guess that the airspace over a nuclear power plant is always restricted? If not, it should be!

Apparently not as the FAA has declared a no fly zone over the area. What's strange is that they don't give a reason.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
et is fueling up his ride so he can get back home in nebraska

godzilla is cleaning up fukishima as we speak.

why do people make mountains out of sink holes is beyond me.

why anyone building nuclear plants in flood zones is beyond me as well.

thats inviting disaster.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
Have some respect and decency towards the family of Casey Anthony. Why make a thread on Nebraska nuclear plant when the world worries over casey anthony! Do you any concern for human life?

sarcasm

Isn't it amazing how this case just came out of nowhere and now the medias following it like crazy?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

People are saying the same thing about Japan. "Why build in a tsunami, eq, volcano zone?"

Along those lines, every piece of real estate in the world has its own issues. Why build where ice storms could interrupt power transmission, why build in a hurricane zone, why build in tornado alley, why build one anywhere for that matter?

All good questions. Why don't we just curb our electricity consumption, and stop building these plants, and stop wasting our fossil fuels?

I'm all for ending our addiction to electricity and stopping these dangerous plants. I'll start with myself. I have dropped my consumption at home about 30% over the past 2 years, I just added a sprinkler system to my roof that I hope will cut it even more, and I am beginning to assemble my solar circuits to start splitting things away from my main power panel.

How about the rest of you? Wanna get rid of nukes and coal and oil? Jump on board!

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

Ha Ha

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
why anyone building nuclear plants in flood zones is beyond me as well.

thats inviting disaster.

Tell me about it.. we should have had clean free abundant energy by now but because of greed we still have these nuclear plants and other corporate death traps.

Will they finally learn when they've destroyed this planet to the extent that even those with power and influence cannot survive?

Probably not. Another Homosapien or two will probably crawl out of the mess, build up new civilisation and then evil greedy twats will do the same thing all over again. We fail as a species.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

no! how dare thee!

i figure it this way the electrical infrastructure is decades old too many laws exist to make it cost effective to refurbish the system.

personally i like solar and wind but mass cost is cheaper for the consumer and the provider from coal and oil and even nukes.

that said noone wants them to be built where they live

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I found this video yesterday.
Dont know if it means anything.

youtu.be...

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
There was a fire in the electrical room at the plant. Power was lost briefly in the cooling pools. The temp rose 2 degrees. Probably not a conspiracy. Just a fire at a nuclear plant. What else is new?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

no alot of people hate on corporations its your right to but i dont jump on that hate bandwagon.

it is because of them we all live the life we do without them everything you and i take for granted would be non existence.

without them we all would be living in caves with no clothes.no tvs,no internet, no power and flying kites up in the sky hoping a bolt of lighting would hit is to provide our power needs but then agian why do you need power if you have nothing to use it for.

today mankind is living a most comfortable life compared to any other time in human history.

and that life we all live has been because of that "corporate greed"

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by lambros56
I found this video yesterday.
Dont know if it means anything.

youtu.be...

Thanks for sharing, wonder why he didn't bring a geiger counter!

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Over two-thirds of Americans are clinically obese. I would agree that we definitely live a more "comfortable" lifestyle thanks to corporations. They've eliminated our requirement to fend for ourselves, think for ourselves, and take responsibility for our actions.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroReady

cant argue that we as a country and the world for the most part have created a dependency based society.

people cant fend for themselves anymore.

most people leave it up to others to few have the ability to fend for themselves and most even if had that ability they would choose not to and take the easy way out.

we have become "soft" in more ways than one.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

reducing consumption just leads to higher cost.

Everyone else's cost.

My electric bill has gone down 3 years in a row, and I hope to see it go to zero in the next 3! If getting me off the grid causes everyone else's bill to go up.......I can live with that.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

good luck to that !

my reasoning was along the lines of cigarettes and tobacco reduced consumption led to higher end costs..

the path you chose is the best one taking "them" out of the equation gives you more savings.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join