It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prestigious doctor: US nuclear 'Baby valley of death,' Millions to die

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by adeclerk

what level of exposure do you personally find aceptable?
do you think that any level of release of highly refined uranium or plutonium is aceptable?
how much by weight of plutonium would it require to poisen the entire population of the earth?

how much is that per person?

how would the particulates spread?
on the wind to all corners of the earth

is nuclear power safe?

xploder

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   

One plutonium particle inhaled will cause lung cancer within 20-30 years. That is a FACT. Look it up. Plutonium give off way more radiation than radon and also different types of radiation, plutonium itself is also toxic.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Trust me: there is nothing "prestigious' about this 'Doctor". A doctor of Acupuncture??? Puleeze!! Did you look at some of the titles of his books?? This guy is nothing more than a quack!

He has NO medical qualifications worth mentioning. No insight into medicine or medical tech - chinese medicine is a fallacy akin to shamanism. Rhino horn for your libido anyone...

I too am concerned about Fukushima - but this means absolutely zip! Sircus huh? How appropriate...

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

This is outrages, our government is deliberately betting on us dieing for their benefit.

Idiots, no love for mankind I'll say.

God will fix them for sure if they don't change there harts and be truthful.

I'd rather die and go to Heaven then live and then die and go to hell because I could have warned the people but didn't for my benefit.

Stupid, no 1 gets out alive!

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by KevinB

One plutonium particle inhaled will cause lung cancer within 20-30 years. That is a FACT. Look it up. Plutonium give off way more radiation than radon and also different types of radiation, plutonium itself is also toxic.

thank you for answering the questions

at least you know the answers
i think this "person" i have met before
and i dont think HE will answer any tough questions
but then again if it is who i think it is he wont be able to resist

xploder

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

One plutonium particle inhaled will cause lung cancer within 20-30 years. That is a FACT. Look it up.

How about a source, you know, upholding the burden of proof.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Here is the situation that you can count on, you will see a huge rise in cancer situations in Japan first if this occurs then the west coast should worry until then dont worry about something that is inevitable unless you plan on moving, pretty simple.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Huh... I didnt realize that radiation could only target the US and Japan. Has anyone found a real article that discusses this topic without the fearmongering and the use of a magic 8ball?

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Serious question: Can anyone tell me why I should be more worried about devastating effects from Fukushima than the average person in the US should have worried about the effects of bombing Nagasaki and Hiroshima in 1945?

To hear a lot of you talking, it sounds like Fukushima is somehow worse than two actual cities being decimated by actual nuclear bombs whose radiation was completely uninhibited.

I call BS.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Wow. What a time to be alive. Who needs Hollywood with all this real life excitement going on. All I need now is a big a$$ bowl of popcorn that will last about 5 years and enjoy the show.

lol. Humans are so stupid.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I didn't have time to read this entire thread so I'm not sure if someone brought this up. Now I'm no expert on radiation and the amounts it would take to affect a large population over such a huge area in regards to what has been leaked from said power plant, but I would be hard-pressed to believe the words of a glorified accupuncturist in the aftermath of such a disaster.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by vexati0n

To hear a lot of you talking, it sounds like Fukushima is somehow worse than two actual cities being decimated by actual nuclear bombs whose radiation was completely uninhibited. I call BS.

I guess it didn't occur to you that maybe there had been studies in the decades since we bombed Japan that provide new findings about health risks from exposure to radiation.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

No... I mean we blasted two cities with atomic warheads, and we didn't see the kinds of effects -- even in Japan -- that all these Chicken Littles are saying will befall humanity because of Fukushima. A lot of cancer and radiation poisoning in Japan, obviously, but it still nothing on the scale of what we're supposedly going to face because of Fukushima. And pretty much negligible effects in the US. It's just a bunch of sensationalist crap.

Even if Fukushima lost all containment and went to full-blown meltdown, the effects would be considerably less severe than the effects of two actual nuclear strikes in Japan. I just don't get why so many people act like this is the end of the world.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Great post! Thanks for the info.

Just thought I would share some additional info contained in this article -

Summer Brings New Problems Affecting Japan And World: Will Fukushima Cause International Higher Mortality Rates?

Over the last fifty years it has become apparent that nuclear energy is full of dangers, some of which carry repercussions even greater than those produced by a nuclear weapon. By way of their response to the disaster at Fukushima Daiichi, the nuclear industry, regulatory oversight committees, nuclear engineers, and leading scientific experts have failed the global community. Their actions have proved that they continually underestimated the situation, and did not fully understand it before making crucial decisions.

It has been known for over 20 years that it would only take one nuclear reactor to contaminate over half of the planet. The old criteria for measuring a nuclear accident, and acceptable levels of radiation exposure no longer apply. There are many medical studies whose results lay in direct contrast to the statistics provided by international nuclear reports. While there have been many other nuclear disasters, there has never been one at this scale.

Radiation affects the body directly through the tissue, muscles, bones, and other organs in the body. The most terrifying aspect of radiation is that it destroys and mutates DNA in the human body, destroying what makes an individual “human” -- including the unique strand of DNA that sets you apart from all of the other carbon-based life-forms on the earth today. Low-level radiation promotes the slow release of ‘free radicals’, or unstable molecules. Production of the most common, oxygen free radicals, is increased by protracted exposure to the radioactivity of ingested fission products. Oxygen free radicals (unstable oxygen molecules with an extra electron) are attracted to the membranes of cells, which they then disable. At Chernobyl, there was less than 150 tons of waste entombed in the final sarcophagus. More than half of the Caesium-137 released in the explosion was carried in the atmosphere to other European nations. At Fukushima it is estimated there is close to 10,000 tons of melted corium constantly working to escape the control of TEPCO and the workers on-site.

Since March 11th, there have been multiple increases of allowable radiation exposure limits to workers, adults, and children. This is most concerning to nuclear experts, because they know that deaths have occurred from inhaling or ingesting just one grain of contaminated sand, or a piece of radioactive dust.

In May 2011, the Japanese Government raised the upper limit of safe radiation expsure for children to 20 millisieverts per year, an exponential increase over the previous limit of 1 millisievert per year. The Japanese Government has claimed a cumulative dose of 500 millisieverts of radiation per year increases the risk of cancer. After the nuclear disaster at Chernobyl, it was found for a one year old child that only received between 10 and 20 mSv ran the risk of developing a fatal cancer.

It is obvious, that there are people that want to downplay the extreme level of danger confronting all of us at this time. Just one particle of hot radioactive material inhaled or ingested can result in death. The threat is all too real unfortunately.

Source: news.lucaswhitefieldhixson.com...

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by vexati0n

No... I mean we blasted two cities with atomic warheads, and we didn't see the kinds of effects -- even in Japan -- that all these Chicken Littles are saying will befall humanity because of Fukushima. A lot of cancer and radiation poisoning in Japan, obviously, but it still nothing on the scale of what we're supposedly going to face because of Fukushima. And pretty much negligible effects in the US. It's just a bunch of sensationalist crap.

Even if Fukushima lost all containment and went to full-blown meltdown, the effects would be considerably less severe than the effects of two actual nuclear strikes in Japan. I just don't get why so many people act like this is the end of the world.

Dude, do some research on this subject, plenty of evidence that people suffered horrific deformities.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   

How about a source, you know, upholding the burden of proof.

Have a nice read.

docs.nrdc.org

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by vexati0n

Youre right. Its no big deal. Its only a nuclear meltdown incident comparable, well, actually worse than chernobyl.

No big deal...

Plus the fact that they are spawning tons of radioactive seawater.

No big deal..

Go back to sleep sheeple.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Mdv2

There are major problems with this Fukushima thing. Reporting on it seems important, but then again, there really isn't anything that anybody can do about it, so what's the point?

That same logic can be applied to most of the worlds problems. What in the hell can we do about anything anymore? The average man has no power; even concerning his own destiny.

However, ability to fix the problem, or not. I still want to know whats going on in the world. Hell, that's why I joined ATS in the first place.

Peace.
edit on 21-6-2011 by baked because: typo

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

I am as active about this stuff as anyone, more than anyone I know IRL. And as a person of science, I find your statement to be sensationalist. "Inhale 1 particle and it WILL cause cancer." You're fear-mongering there. How many dust particles do we inhale daily? By age 40, are our lungs filled with massive mounds of dust that we simply can't get out? Of course not. The lungs have cilia, we cough out mucus etc. IF you inhaled a plutonium particle and it became stuck in your lung for years -- yeah, you're probably screwed then. While possible, I don't think that is very likely, and is far from some kind of certainty. I base that on the above "dust" example, and also on the fact that there were radioactive particles all around us anyway, even before Fukushima. Plutonium was distributed all over the place from nuclear weapons tests. Do you really think every single person that ever inhaled 1 particle of that plutonium came to develop cancer? That really doesn't seem at all possible.

Is plutonium deadly? -- yes. Do you WANT to inhale even 1 particle? -- no. Will inhaling 1 particle kill you? -- probably not. If it were true we might as well all give up now. What is true is that we all need to minimize our exposure as much as possible. You can filter air and water, you can mitigate dust, you can treat modern rain as the radioactive contaminant that it is, you can wear breathing protection while doing outdoor work, you can avoid the more contaminated food and water. By your scenario, we might as well give up and not even bother. Personally, I'm gonna protect myself.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
"Clearly people in Fukushima prefecture have breathed in a large amount of these particles. Clearly the upper West Coast of the US has people being affected. That area got hit pretty heavy in April."

Source: english.aljazeera.net...

The prestigious doctor MAY be exaggerating, but the fact remains that hot particles are already in the West Coast. And yes, a lot of people will be affected by this.

This is the stuff you have to deal with when nuclear power goes bad.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join