It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prestigious doctor: US nuclear 'Baby valley of death,' Millions to die

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
reply to post by adeclerk

The essential information remains true. The goal posts for radiation exposure have been altered, and it has been done because the minimum levels are now useless for the next 10,000 years.

You can hide real information by associating it with the uncredible.

The information remains true. And the tactical advantage of having it associated with the ridiculous so that people discount is just too awesome.

Thank you Aeons - your point is so valid! There is an overtly obvious clamp down on all the information coming out of Fukushima. In all of my 60 years I have never seen such a cover up and black out by the media. The radiation coming across the Pacific from Fuk u shima has changed life forever on this planet. Sooner or later the truth will filter out - but not before most of us in the Northern Hemisphere have many hot particles lodged in our bodies.
I would expect that anyone coming out with the truth about what we have all been exposed to will suffer the "kill the messenger" syndrome. Attack their credibility - they're all sluts or nuts - yeah, that's the ticket . . .that will help us all out!
edit on 23-6-2011 by galacticgirl because: spelling error

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by enderthexenocide

It's too late...

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOrangeBrood
Your condescending ignorance is nothing short of juvenile.

And your complete refusal to acknowledge evidence that disproves your theory is sad anddiseartening for anyone who doesnt feel we should spread fear and disinfo.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
duble

edit on 23-6-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Greetings:

OK. Let's review recent history.

19 May 2011
At this time, there is no public health threat in the U.S. related to radiation exposure. FDA, together with other agencies, is carefully monitoring any possibility for distribution of radiation to the United States.

At this time, theoretical models [color=limegreen]do not indicate that significant amounts of radiation will reach the U.S. coast or affect U.S. fishing waters.
source

... who can say that and keep a straight face?

This little tidbit from two months ago:

23 April 2011
Japan Nuclear Iodine Radiation In San Francisco Milk Over 2600% Above EPA Drinking Water Limit
source

And this from two months after the main event:

10 May 2011
Hawaii Farmers Treating Milk With Boron After Finding Radiation 2400 Times Above Safe Levels

source

This was only a week after the EPA stopped Fukushima nuclear radiation tests on milk, drinking water and rainwater, saying the levels of radiation were constantly dropping and posed no health risks.

EPA officials, however, [color=limegreen]refused to answer questions or make staff members available to explain the exact location and number of monitors, or the levels of radiation, if any, being recorded at existing monitors in California.

Margot Perez-Sullivan, a spokeswoman at the EPA’s regional headquarters in San Francisco, said the agency’s written statement would stand on its own.

IMHO, these people theoretically work for we, the people, and this type of behavior should not be tolerated!

Where are those people that actually are aware (and care)?

From the lackluster response to many threads dealing with this subject, one might surmise that there are not enough of us - or that we are not connecting in a collective voice to shout from the rooftops:

America's Being Nuked - Can we Together Stop the Madness?

In the unlikely scenario that pollutants could affect fish that have traveled to the U.S., FDA will work with the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) to test seafood caught in those areas. Together, FDA and NOAA will also inspect facilities that process and sell seafood from those areas.

The FDA has claimed that there is no need to test Pacific fish for Japan nuclear radiation reports the Anchorage Daily News but when drilled on details by the reporter, the FDA [color=limegreen]refused to answer questions and gave the reporter the run-around.

The FDA says there will be no testing of fish until NOAA testing finds cause for alarm but NOAA [color=limegreen]refuses to answer questions on what kind of monitoring has been done.
source

25 April 2011
New EPA Radiation Tests Show Cesium in California Rainwater at Highest Level Since Crisis Began
source

3 May 2011
Hot Radioactive Particles in Seattle at 50% of Levels Seen in Tokyo
source

OK... 50% of what?

Are we, the people, to be the least bit alarmed? Do the EPA and FDA have the best interests of the American people at the forefront of decision-making? Are we really screwed? Does anyone read this? Does anyone really care?

On CNN Arnie was asked, “So should people on the West Coast be worried?

Gundersen side-stepped just a bit saying, “Well, the average person breathes in about 10 cubic meters a day, and the filters out there for April show that they were breathing in, per day, about five particles.

It only takes one of these particles to trigger a cancer.

Now these are charged, which is why we call them ‘fuel fleas’ since they latch onto lung tissue. [color=limegreen]We’re at a point now where you just can’t run from the particles that are still in the air. We call them ‘fuel fleas’ also because they’re incredibly small, smaller than the thickness of your hair.”
more

Interesting. As we write this, David Morrison (NASA mouthpiece) is in the History Channel talking about ELE's - specifically doomsday asteroids (1,100 1 kilometer or larger). 6,000 to one odds. (More on this buffoon in Cometgate2).

Space Guard Survey promoted heavily as a "... not to worry, feel good" piece. (Bangs head on desk and reaches for Vice-Grips).

But we digress. Meanwhile, back at the ranch:

3 April 2011
140,000 Times More Iodine-131 Released at Fukushima Than Three Mile Island… Using March 22 Estimates
source

3 May 2011
Radiation In US Food Will Be Nationwide Problem, Not Just Regional, From Fukushima Nuclear Radioactive Fallout
source

3 June 2011
5.77 microsieverts per hour of radiation measured near Tokyo at ground level — Government “is desperately trying to keep it quiet...”
source

And from our friend Alexander Higgins:

U.S. Radiation Map

Updated With Real Time EPA RadNet Japan Nuclear Radiation Monitoring For Every Major City In America On A Single Page

In Peace, Love & Light

tfw

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
so, again, why should we believe what an acupuncturist says about levels of radiation?

but ifi ever need relief from back pain, i'll look him up!

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Very depressing and sad to see all of this, its definitely more than a cover-up, the government of Japan is concealing the fact that this disaster is more than 10 times worse than the Chernobyl incident. Its a terrible tragedy that the very humble, proud people of Japan are enduring this. I'm just really curious if other nations besides America and Japan are also affected by this as well.

As a medical student, I can tell you all that we're going to see a huge rise in thyroid cancers within the population over the course of the next 10-25 years. Infertility rates will also increase as well. To my knowledge though, I'm not sure if there was any radioactive Plutonium released into the atmosphere, that would make the affected areas not habitable for thousands of years. Any inhalation of Plutonium, as messed up as it is to say it, is pretty much an automatic death sentence.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOrangeBrood
Another .gov website... and this one's stats are only viewable annually?

Regardless, you really fail to see the instant defeat in trying to refute a government cover-up conspiracy with stats from a government website that was compiled by independent web businesses.... to be a raw styled structural website that has 100% of its content generated BY THE ALLEGED CONSPIRATORS...? This is your "evidence"?

Among the worst arguments I've ever heard on ATS, sorry.

So now you have evidence that it's a coverup? Please share, I'd love to see it.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by thorfourwinds

All of those links show slightly elevated levels that are nothing to be concerned about, just more fearmongering. I wouldn't trust them anyway, unless confirmed against the EPAs website (guess where your news source got the data). Well that's a lie, half the links didn't even work.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
From the thin research I have done (mostly Ala you tube) the only way to spend this wasted Mox and Plutonium is to detonate in/at its location.

So, it seems to me the direction is clear, move the cancer ridden remainder from the area and take care of business.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999
reply to post by Mdv2

Trust me: there is nothing "prestigious' about this 'Doctor". A doctor of Acupuncture??? Puleeze!! Did you look at some of the titles of his books?? This guy is nothing more than a quack!

He has NO medical qualifications worth mentioning. No insight into medicine or medical tech - chinese medicine is a fallacy akin to shamanism. Rhino horn for your libido anyone...

I too am concerned about Fukushima - but this means absolutely zip! Sircus huh? How appropriate...

After seeing so many people go for this quack's theories I might get into the time machine business. Anyone wanna buy one? It plugs into regular outlets and cures cancer too.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Leemo

Reactor 3 was loaded with Mixed Oxide (MOX) fuel, which is a combination of uranium and plutonium. Anyone remember reactor 3?

Yes, that reactor 3.

That dark brown cloud isn't just steam, it's the aerosolized remains of the innards of the reactor core. The only positive in regards to this is that MOX fuel is a relatively recent addition to the inventory at Fukushima Daiichi and they do nit have decades of that spent fuel to content with

TOKYO, Sept 14 (Reuters) - Tokyo Electric Power Co (TEPCO) (9501.T) said it was preparing to restart the 784 megawatt No.3 reactor at its Fukushima-Daiichi nuclear plant on Friday, at which it is set to burn so-called mixed-oxide (MOX) fuel for the first time.

Further:

Other power companies have started using the recycled fuel as part of Japan's goal to move towards a closed cycle where it recycles its own spent fuel and then burns recovered uranium and plutonium as MOX fuel. (Reporting by Risa Maeda; Editing by Chris Gallagher)

Source

As to what they mean by a "closed cycle" in regards to nuclear fuel, the nex step is to bring the Monju Liquid Metal Fast Breeder Reactor online.

The problem being that there have been multiple accidents at this plant as well. This thread details some of the issues involved there.

Lies, greed, unprincipled leaders, lack of transparency, and a host of unaddressed problems plague the nuclear power industry worldwide.

What will take to wake people up?
edit on 23-6-2011 by jadedANDcynical because: Changed video. Original one I linked has been removed.

edit on 23-6-2011 by jadedANDcynical because: third time's a charm?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by thorfourwinds

Greetings: OK. Let's review recent history.

.....[removed because of quote size]

Number 1, check your sources next time.

Number 2, try using official sources when you are posting official numbers. If not, don't bother quoting official numbers.
edit on 23-6-2011 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jadedANDcynical
That dark brown cloud isn't just steam, it's the aerosolized remains of the innards of the reactor core. The only positive in regards to this is that MOX fuel is a relatively recent addition to the inventory at Fukushima Daiichi and they do nit have decades of that spent fuel to content with

As opposed to dust from cement used in the building?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by adeclerk

As opposed to dust from cement used in the building?

In addition to the powdered remains of various internal structures of at least the same level of the building; that includes, the spent fuel pool, the dryer seperator pool, and the skimming tank.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b82b23721b1a.jpg[/atsimg]

As you can see, there is substantiatal damage to the building below the level of the refueling bay floor, which incidentally is also the top of any and all pool levels; including the reactor well. The explosion set off earthquake and tsunami detectors and has been estimated to have roughly the equivalent output to a MOAB.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jadedANDcynical

So now you're claiming it isn't the aerosolized remains of the reactor core?

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Anything about the phrase "addition to" you need clarification on?

I'll add further that there were also bits of equipment as large as the firetucks being used for temporary pumps as well. There is not much left of the structure that once was reactor 3; that includes the fuel assemblies from the core and whatever spent fuel that may have once resided in the SFP of R3.

This post highlights some information presented by Caltech (you've herd of them right?) in regards to unit 3 and what has become of the core.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Anything about the phrase "addition to" you need clarification on?

I'll add further that there were also bits of equipment as large as the firetucks being used for temporary pumps as well. There is not much left of the structure that once was reactor 3; that includes the fuel assemblies from the core and whatever spent fuel that may have once resided in the SFP of R3.

This post highlights some information presented by Caltech (you've herd of them right?) in regards to unit 3 and what has become of the core.

Apparently I missed the part where the reactor core was destroyed, could you specifically point me to that? (that post you linked to had a presentation that mentioned the material that was lofted into the air was structural, not fuel rods). It mentions that there might not even be core damage.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by adeclerk

I feel like I'm talking to one of my children (mine wouldn't need this detailed an explanation), but here goes:

"Ballooning and relocation of fuel" and "Rupture of cladding-->releasing (fuel pellet) FP gases and fuel" are pretty clear and absolute statements that tell us that the Elvis has indeed left the building.

"Elvis" in the above quote references aerosolized fuel pellets (they use the term FP gasses)

Additionally:

Further, fromAreva's report dated April 1, 2011 (it's not a joke):

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/189645d44b23.jpg[/atsimg]

Direct link to 3.7MB zip file located at Cryptme.org's nuclear plant and WMD series of source documents.

I know, I know.

"It is currently unclear if release from fuel pool already happened."

There is still a large preponderance of evidence that highly radioactive materials were present in that plume of debris.

edit on 23-6-2011 by jadedANDcynical because: All joking aside.

posted on Jun, 23 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

I know, I know.

"It is currently unclear if release from fuel pool already happened."

There is still a large preponderance of evidence that highly radioactive materials were present in that plume of debris.

edit on 23-6-2011 by jadedANDcynical because: All joking aside.

Everything in that presentation is speculation of consequences if what you were describing occurred.

What evidence?
That's from today, btw.

From wiki on sivierts (microsivierts per hour used on the graph):

Symptoms of acute radiation (dose received within one day):
* 0 – 0.25 Sv (0 – 250 mSv): None
* 0.25 – 1 Sv (250 – 1000 mSv): Some people feel nausea and loss of appetite; bone marrow, lymph nodes, spleen damaged.
* 1 – 3 Sv (1000 – 3000 mSv): Mild to severe nausea, loss of appetite, infection; more severe bone marrow, lymph node, spleen damage; recovery probable, not assured.
* 3 – 6 Sv (3000 – 6000 mSv): Severe nausea, loss of appetite; hemorrhaging, infection, diarrhea, peeling of skin, sterility; death if untreated.
* 6 – 10 Sv (6000 – 10000 mSv): Above symptoms plus central nervous system impairment; death expected. * Above 10 Sv (10000 mSv): Incapacitation and death.

Source
Let's stop the fearmongering, bro.

edit on 6/23/11 by adeclerk because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join