It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Muslim denouncing muslim extremists

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Wahhabis are the terrorists; the so-called "Saudi brand of Islam".

PBS interviewed a person who grew up in a Wahhabi school in Saudi Arabia.

These are snippets from it:

Reporter said: "If you go to school in Saudi Arabia, what do you learn about people who are not followers of Wahhabi, of the prophet?"

Person responded: "The religious curriculum in Saudi Arabia teaches you that people are basically two sides: Salafis, who are the winners, the chosen ones, who will go to heaven, and the rest. The rest are Muslims and Christians and Jews and others.

They are either kafirs, who are deniers of God, or mushrak, putting gods next to God, or enervators, that's the lightest one. The enervators of religion who are they call the Sunni Muslims who ... for instance, celebrate Prophet Mohammed's birthday, and do some stuff that is not accepted by Salafis.

And all of these people are not accepted by Salafi as Muslims. As I said, "claimant to Islam." And all of these people are supposed to be hated, to be persecuted, even killed. And we have several clergy -- not one Salafi clergy -- who have said that against the Shi'a and against the other Muslims. And they have done it in Algeria, in Afghanistan. This is the same ideology. They just have the same opportunity. They did it in Algeria and Afghanistan, and now New York."

Reporter: What do you mean, it reached New York?

Man: "Well, when it was a local problem, the American media did not really care much about it. But until September 11, you saw how this faith of hate, I call it, did to all of us, to New Yorkers and to the rest of the world, honestly. ..."

Reporter: "But the Saudi government has condemned what happened on September 11....

Man: "... Yes, Prince Nayif condemned bin Laden, and other princes... Prince Turki condemned bin Laden. They did not condemn that message. They condemned bin Laden. ... Bin Laden learned this in Saudi Arabia. He didn't learn it in the moon. That message that Bin Laden received, it still is taught in Saudi Arabia. And if bin Laden dies, and this policy or curriculum stays, we will have other bin Ladens. ..."

Reporter: So the official religion of Saudi Arabia says that 95 percent of people who say they're Islamic are just claiming to be Islamic?

Person: Exactly. This is what is reflected in the textbook, and the books that [are] printed by the government. ...

Full interview

One daily sees suicide bombings in the news. Most of them occur in Muslim cities, and most are either Wahhabis (or some other crass extremist movement) committing such atrocities. The Wahhabis deem Muslims to be non-Muslim and then misinterpret the Qur'an to there whims and thus unlawfully claim that it is permissible to blow oneself up in front of others and claim it is "jihad". Suicide in all forms is prohibited in Islam.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Well I do admire your personal take on Islam, but there's no indication that it is anything other than your own views. I notice you didn't post any passages from Islam's holy writings to support your comments, I'm curious as to why? I would like to know your take on what some of the following passages from the Quran and Hadith mean to you (I'm serious about this, I mean no disrespect), because to me they express exactly the opposite of what you are presenting in your post:

Quran (5:33) - "The punishment of those who wage war against Allah and His messenger and strive to make mischief in the land is only this, that they should be murdered or crucified or their hands and their feet should be cut off on opposite sides or they should be imprisoned; this shall be as a disgrace for them in this world, and in the hereafter they shall have a grievous chastisement"

Quran (8:12) - "I will cast terror into the hearts of those who disbelieve. Therefore strike off their heads and strike off every fingertip of them"

Quran (48:29) "Mohammed is God's apostle. Those who follow him are ruthless
to the unbelievers but merciful to one another"

Quran (2:191-193) - "And slay them wherever ye find them, and drive them out of the places whence they drove you out, for persecution [of Muslims] is worse than slaughter [of non-believers]...and fight them until persecution is no more, and religion is for Allah."

Quran (2:216) - "Fighting is prescribed for you, and ye dislike it. But it is possible that ye dislike a thing which is good for you, and that ye love a thing which is bad for you. But Allah knoweth, and ye know not."

Quran (4:74) - "Let those fight in the way of Allah who sell the life of this world for the other. Whoso fighteth in the way of Allah, be he slain or be he victorious, on him We shall bestow a vast reward."

Quran (8:39) - "And fight with them until there is no more persecution and religion should be only for Allah"

Quran (9:29) - "Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor acknowledge the religion of Truth, (even if they are) of the People of the Book, until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued."

(A note on the above, "People of the Book" is referring to Christians, this is hardly a call to coexist)

Quran (9:30) - "And the Jews say: Ezra is the son of Allah; and the Christians say: The Messiah is the son of Allah; these are the words of their mouths; they imitate the saying of those who disbelieved before; may Allah destroy them; how they are turned away!"

Quran (47:3-4) - "Those who reject Allah follow vanities, while those who believe follow the truth from their lord. Thus does Allah set forth form men their lessons by similtudes. Therefore when you meet in battle those who disbelieve, then smite the necks until when you have overcome them, then make (them) prisoners,"

Quran (48:29) - "Muhammad is the messenger of Allah. And those with him are hard (ruthless) against the disbelievers and merciful among themselves"

Bukhari (52:177) - Allah's Apostle said, "The Hour will not be established until you fight with the Jews, and the stone behind which a Jew will be hiding will say. "O Muslim! There is a Jew hiding behind me, so kill him."

Muslim (1:33) - the Messenger of Allah said: I have been commanded to fight against people till they testify that there is no god but Allah, that Muhammad is the messenger of Allah

Muslim (20:4696) - "the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: 'One who died but did not fight in the way of Allah nor did he express any desire (or determination) for Jihid died the death of a hypocrite.'"

Tabari 9:69 "Killing Unbelievers is a small matter to us"

Ibn Ishaq: 327 - “Allah said, ‘A prophet must slaughter before collecting captives. A slaughtered enemy is driven from the land. Muhammad, you craved the desires of this world, its goods and the ransom captives would bring. But Allah desires killing them to manifest the religion.’”

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Peace seems at odds with what's written in the Qu'ran.
The OT of the Bible was wipe out those that would contaminate your faith, but the NT only talks of spiritual warfare, which also seems at odds with the Qu'ran which is more based on works like the OT. The only similarity between Christians and Muslims is based on Issac and Ishmael coming from Abraham, each faith is completely different..

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Sounds like a lame excuse to kill and not use a brain they have morons

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
I must admit that I am not a religious man and maybe that is why I struggle to believe you; although it might be because of what I have seen from other 'peaceful' Muslims.

These are from a Muslim 'peace' march in the UK....

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I don't see every German denouncing all nazis, all Christians denouncing the kkk. I want to see each and every one denounce each and every single act lol

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Wally898

People don't use relgion to do wrong! religions like Islam speak about killing all non muslims etc so thats why they are doing it.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
I don't see every German denouncing all nazis, all Christians denouncing the kkk. I want to see each and every one denounce each and every single act lol

You don't see common everyday normal members of those groups you mention, actively stating that they are in no way like, nor hold likeminded thoughts, of the perpetrators of said crimes?

Really?

I've never seen a mob of xtians run amok in the streets because someone called them all pedos.

Far from it, I see a very vast and vocal public stance against it.

Germany made it illegal to even show a swastika. Hrmm, don't see anywhere in the middle east or any other country where the main governing body has outlawed persons who hold the values of culturally tolerated extremism.

Nice try.

But, well, you probably don't smoke anyway.

edit on 21/6/2011 by badw0lf because: clarity, tho it will not matter.

edit on 21/6/2011 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by badw0lf

Germany did it but all christians did not still condemn all the acts, sorry you lose. Every day there are christians dropping bombs on libya, why arent Christians condemning that?

It does not matter what the government does, I am talking about the religion.
edit on 21-6-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

You are catering to your enemies.

You can jump through as many hoops as they tell you to, they will keep adding hoops.

Ignoring them is the best option, I mean, what sane person would believe the majority of believers of a faith support extremism? They are short sighted and simply put, are ignorant know it alls. It's to put the scared people and bigots at ease if you have to come here as a "moderate" Muslim to say you do not support terrorists.

Just let them dabble in their delusional world, they are bound for insanity anyways!

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by SavedOne

I suggest you to go and learn Arabic language or find better sources for translation.

Another thing to add is that Muslims believe that Quran was sent down with occasion . There is no way to understand the meaning except referring to the history of The Sending Down .

I suggest you to go on this web page and read the commentary about every ' Ayat '.

Try to study about Islam extensively otherwise you will think you better off without Islam.
( may be it is better for you to go and study for your self about every thing your going to believe )

(5:33) THE PUNISHMENT FOR THOSE WHO WAGE WAR AGAINST ALLAH AND HIS MESSENGER, AND STRIVE FOR CORRUPTION IN THE EARTH; IS TO BE KILLED, OR CRUCIFIED, OR (FOUR FINGERS OF) THEIR HANDS AND FEET BE CUT OFF FROM OPPOSITE,(i.e. FROM RIGHT HAND AND LEFT FOOT, OR VICE VERSA) OR BE BANISHED FROM THE LAND. THAT IS A DISGRACE FOR THEM IN THIS WORLD, AND FOR THEM IS A GREAT PUNISHMENT IN THE LAST. (i.e. IN THE NEXT WORLD) OR BE BANISHED FROM THE LAND. THAT IS A DISGRACE FOR THEM IN THIS WORLD, AND FOR THEM IS A GREAT PUNISHMENT IN THE LAST. (i.e. IN THE NEXT WORLD),

You can find more about others in this source :
source

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   

edit on 21/6/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
I live in Oman among Ibadi Muslims. I see this viewpoint every single day.

I see devout Muslims who pray 5 times every single day and treat everyone with kindness. I see bad Muslims who are as irreligious and have very low morals. I see hypocrites and liars, shining examples of moral fortitude, and everything in between.

What they all have in common is the Ibadi attitude of LIVE AND LET LIVE.

90% of the people I interact with in public are Muslim, and I see no Islamic extremism here whatsoever. There are some extremists, but they tend to be political, wanting changes to the social system. Religious extremism here involves getting up at 4:30 am for that first call to prayer.

Oman is an example to all Muslim countries.

And sadly, they are constantly under attack by other Muslim countries. They have one of the largest per-capita militaries in the world and are forever finding undercover spies trying to destabilize the country, assassinate the sultan, etc. They have to be very diligent about maintaining their own way of life.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
How many innocent people have been killed by alleged Islamic extremists over the last decade?

How many innocent people have been killed by the Coalition forces during the same time?

There is no comparison. The Coalition forces are extremists and terrorists under a different name.

I'm of the view that the Islamic extremists (many of whom were created by the CIA/MI5&6) are being demonised to hide the truth that the most heinous terrorist extremists on planet earth today are our own western governments.

The demonisation of Islam serves both as an excuse for them to carry out Coalition Terrorism, and as a distraction from where the truth really lies. The sad thing is that the terrorism perpetrated by our Western governments is CREATING more extreme views in those populations who are being mercilessly attacked.

edit on 21-6-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join