It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idaho State Senate Leader Arrested for DUI, Vehicle Theft

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Idaho State Senate Leader Arrested for DUI, Vehicle Theft

www.foxnews.com

BOISE, Idaho -- Idaho Senate Republican Caucus Chairman John McGee was arrested early Sunday after police say he took a Ford Excursion and cargo trailer from the Boise home of a "complete stranger" and a blood-alcohol test showed the four-term lawmaker had been drinking.

The lawyer for the 38-year-old senator, who represents Caldwell and is the head of the Canyon County GOP, says McGee is embarrassed by the situation and intends to handle his legal case responsibly.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.kboi2.com
www.idahostatesman.com...

edit on 20-6-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
This guy is the state senator for my area and karma finally caught up with him. A DUI is one thing but the idiot stole an SUV and trailer and jacknifed it in someones yard.

He says he is embarrassed, he could have killed someone. I am glad its about time people saw his true colors.

So far, police have released only a few details of events preceding McGee's arrest. But Lt. Kody Aldrich told The Associated Press that McGee did not know the owner of the SUV and trailer that he was driving and later was found by police sleeping inside. The vehicle and trailer became stuck as McGee tried backing into the yard of a home on southwest Boise. It was also unclear why McGee was in the Boise area in Ada County.

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
What an idiot. Being in a position of power such as he is doesn't make you completely invincible. For that you need to be part of the Roman Catholic church. Then you can do any damned thing you want..

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
What an idiot. Being in a position of power such as he is doesn't make you completely invincible. For that you need to be part of the Roman Catholic church. Then you can do any damned thing you want..

We have been looking for way to get rid of this guy as he is as shady as they come but talks a good game so has a lot of people hoodwinked. Lo and behold he does our work for us in dashing his political career and ambitions. Lots of folks were singing his praises and saying he was tapped for high office etc. it couldn't happen to a nicer guy...

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
i cant stand drunk driving or theft the dude needs to see jail time.

and pay for what he did both by time and by money

and yeah he needs to lose his seat as well.

i cant stand stupidity

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

This makes me chuckle a bit...another fine example of the people in power acting as dumber, or possibly dumber, than the people we title as criminals and lock up for a good long time.

We shall see if the same justice that he pushes so hard for will be enforced on him...my guess in not hardly. This will result in minor charges, probably dismissed, and a little embarassment to him and his supporters.

What a wonderful system of justice at work...maybe if there is any justice, he can bow out and admit he is an idiot like Weiner did...but my bet is this goes nowhere.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
It seems like more and more politicians are getting thier just desserts with the Weiner case and some others not long ago. Lets hope this is an increasing trend!

I know this guy and he is a real sh** talker he will come out and make a fake heartfelt apology maybe resign some of his senate positions but not his seat and try and continue on. But we have lots of activist who will not let that happen.
edit on 20-6-2011 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Looks like the politicos aren't satisfied with crashing the economy to get your stuff, and have ramped up their efforts by just crashing your stuff. Yea, people do stupid things when they are under the influence, but wrecking a truck is small potatoes compared to the damages these jackoffs have done sober...

I do hope that he pays dearly, I just doubt it seriously.
edit on 20-6-2011 by Bobaganoosh because: yup

new topics

top topics

join