It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bitten by the travel bug and ready to GO!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   
When I was younger I used to travel a lot...probably because someone else was buying my ticket! Back 2002 I was stationed in Japan while in the Air Force and since then I have only been traveling mostly stateside. Every now and then, I get this HUGE urge to just hop on a plane and go. Just travel to my heart's content. Here is my list of the top five places on my travel wishlist:

1.) London (went when I was 15 and would love to go again as an adult)
2.) Thailand
3.) Amsterdam
4.) India
5.) US Road Trip (I live here, but I haven't been everywhere yet, so...)

Honorable mention is Japan. Yes, I've been there, but it holds a special place in my heart... (That and I can go to Yoshinoya.)

Please share your list!
edit on 20-6-2011 by Abrihetx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Abrihetx

1.) London (went when I was 15 and would love to go again as an adult)
2.) Thailand
3.) Amsterdam
4.) India
5.) US Road Trip (I live here, but I haven't been everywhere yet, so...)

I think Thailand would be really cool. I am slowly doing my own US road trip, starting back in March, I moved/drove from Florida to New Jersey and then in April drove to Maine for business (So I have the east coast covered). My next goal is to drive from Jersey to Kansas.
There are so many interesting spots in the US, I don't know if it's possible to drive to them all.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Abrihetx

1.) London's cool but expesnive
2.) Thailand overrated, but they have some awesome beaches.
3.) Amsterdam's totaly overated and very prices
4.) India's dirty and crowded
5.) US Road Trip ... pick your poison/passion .. its a big place!

If I could add to your list

1. New Zeland ... breathtaking scenery
2. Urugay ... an unidiscovered gem
3. Namibia ... very friendly, sparcely populated and beautiful
4. Galapagos Islands ... you will never see something like it in your whole life

edit on 20-6-2011 by SirMike because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Thanks for the comments, guys. I have to admit that food is part of the reason I want to check some of these places out. I love Thai and Indian food
but those countries are so rich in culture and history. I would love to travel and be able to experience it first hand. Another reason for my interest is history. Yes, London is very expensive...but they have a very long and well-documented history that I am just fascinated by. From the monarchy to the everyday life of street urchins in Victorian times to the Medieval times. I just love it!

new topics

top topics

join