It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayan village Xul makes the news.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I did not see this article posted anywhere, and felt that this would be the correct group to do so.

New York Times Article

There seems to be some argument if there are tunnels under this compound. What I find interesting is that the local geology shows that there is mostly limestone in that area, so natural caves could possibly answer that question.

Regardless, I found the article to be interesting and wanted to share it with my fellow ATS members.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I hadn't seen it. Nice.

I thought this was funny, for some reason. I see the person with their hand in the cookie jar:

The group came to Xul, he said, not because it means “the end,” but because the land was cheap.

I don't know, it just struck me as funny.

Good work. I got to give you your first Earned flag.

There are some ATS Mayan folks around here. Could get interesting.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Natasliah

I'm more concerned with the catholic takeover of this village. They have obviously brainwashed the townsfolk into abandoning their heritage in the name of Jesus. How many cultures has that religion destroyed?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by amaster

I'm more concerned with the catholic takeover of this village. They have obviously brainwashed the townsfolk into abandoning their heritage in the name of Jesus. How many cultures has that religion destroyed?

Are you looking for an exact number or... Either way the number is zero. Now crazy people who believe something that has been in the firm grip of the elites for thousands of years for them to twist and maime as they wish until it is no longer recognizable from its original form? If you're talking specifically about this group of people, then yeah they have destroyed a lot of stuff. Same with secular groups... Religion itself has done nothing. We aren't going to demonize iron, steel, or nickel, even though its been used to make swords, guns, and bombs. By focusing your frustration on religion as a concept, you are slowing down progress by not putting that energy to real use. you should be focusing your energy on the specific individuals responsible for this and write them a letter explaining your position, make others aware and encourage them to write letters. A lot of hard work and most won't listen, but you could make a difference. A small ripple could become a wave, then a tsunami. Someone with some power and influence could take pity on your cause. Rich people are all in league with Satan so they should be more than happy to fight on your behalf... Kidding of course!
edit on 20-6-2011 by ZackMorris because: Interesting name for the village... maybe those caves will be a survival shelter for when "the end" comes.

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZackMorris

Originally posted by amaster

Are you looking for an exact number or... Either way the number is zero. Now crazy people who believe something that has been in the firm grip of the elites for thousands of years for them to twist and maime as they wish until it is no longer recognizable from its original form? If you're talking specifically about this group of people, then yeah they have destroyed a lot of stuff. Same with secular groups... Religion itself has done nothing. We aren't going to demonize iron, steel, or nickel, even though its been used to make swords, guns, and bombs. By focusing your frustration on religion as a concept, you are slowing down progress by not putting that energy to real use. you should be focusing your energy on the specific individuals responsible for this and write them a letter explaining your position, make others aware and encourage them to write letters. A lot of hard work and most won't listen, but you could make a difference. A small ripple could become a wave, then a tsunami. Someone with some power and influence could take pity on your cause. Rich people are all in league with Satan so they should be more than happy to fight on your behalf... Kidding of course!
edit on 20-6-2011 by ZackMorris because: Interesting name for the village... maybe those caves will be a survival shelter for when "the end" comes.

I think that he means religion as "institutionalized spirituality".
And yes, that's bad, it screws with your mind....
The opposite from pure spirituality which can let YOU free YOU.

new topics

top topics

join