It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun watch 2004

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Nice post's Tiza, so planet-X might well just be the kuiper asteroid belt then?
And the images of that X 17.2 Flare is amazing that is just enourmous!
Nice images aswell!
I found some good pages from the links you gave me here aswell just to understand more...

Naval Observatory. He had multiple theories on Planet X over the years including The Location of Planet X 1988 and The Search for Planet X 1991. He based his theories on the movements of the outer planets and a possible influence from an unknown body in the solar system.

www.planet-x.150m.com...

And this is an article debunking the claims of planet X it comes from a NASA official representative named David Morrison...

The wild stories about an approaching planet or comet are false!

Thats the first line he says then he goes on to say why, but he doesnt explain by facts he just give's a link to badastromony site.

This is an article saying zetatalk has images of Planet X but they are CCD's so the images wont be full blown pictures just little dots i would imagine.

Here's some sightings of Planet X...

In late May 2002 Mark Hazlewood came up with a new "sighting" of Planet X.

www.planet-x.150m.com...

Nice article from washington times which could be the main evidence for Planet X....

This article is used as the main piece of "evidence" of Planet-X
Although the author clearly sensationalized a bit, the specifics of
the article are clear. Every Planet X book and website proclaims
"they spotted it in 1983!"

Now tell me if im going off topic abit but some people are saying that Planet X is connected with the activity of the sun so i think we should be able to mention anything related with "Planet X and the Sun" but not change the course of this thread into a Totally Planet X Discussion Thread as well could end up so far into PX (Il refer to Planet X as PX) that we dont update with any Sun-Earth relation events

OK...

The weather here is Raining like usual!
And currently any solar activity is normal or calm should i say there are a few sunspots but none of them pose any threat of any kind.

Seem's that there could be one large sunspot on the suns farside (Not facing earth) brewing up so look out for the next couple of day's see what it has.

Also i listened to Jim C's latest lecture 19th Aug and i would write some opinion's i have from listening to it but there is so much to go through his lecture is an hour long! And he goes through many subjects from the Hurricane charley/the latest crop circle in silsbury in the uk and comets and lots of other stuff so i will listen to it again and take notes down when i do, then il post it here.

One more thing if you go to spaceweather.com and have any 3D glasses take a look at the picture of the moon they have

This post seems long so i think il stop here and hope to hear from you people if you have any information or any views/opinions please feel free.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Hi, Mark:

I've seen some of that stuff about that place called zetatalk, but I don't remember where. I don't really pay any attention to zetatalk, though. I saw a website debunking all the PX stuff, but I didn't save it. The guy was talking about how comets are just dirty snowballs too. So I figure that he hasn't studied any updated material that NASA has put out about to their surprise a comet wasn't a dirty snowball that they had seen pictures of.

Oh, I do get a Universe Today newsletter. I think that I signed up for the e-mail newsletter at Spaceguard UK. Anyway, they talk about this, which I thought was interesting:

www.universetoday.com...

And our weather, well, we didn't get the rain yet that they were calling for, but it's hot again now. It was in the 90s today with a heat index of 101. It was very windy and hot! We're expecting a cool front tomorrow afternoon and some rain for days unless it changes again.

So that's about all that's going on. And the sun does look like it has a huge sunspot on the farside, yes. Have you had a chance to look at SOHO pictures yet?

Tiza

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Oh, Mark, meant to tell you that I saw the moon picture at spaceweather, but I don't have 3-D glasses. Wish that I did.

Tiza

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Solar region 10666 is the next to be numbered, for the 666 watchers.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Hi, Mark:

I only have a few seconds, but I found this old ABC news post at a strange place. Will explain later. I thought that it was interesting because of the comets. You know there's been a lot of comets near the sun lately.

>By Kenneth Chang
ABCNEWS.com
Oct. 7, 1999 - interesting this was published over three years ago

Astronomers may have found hints of a massive, distant, still unseen object at the edge of the solar system � perhaps a 10th planet, perhaps a failed companion star � that appears to be shoving comets toward the inner solar system from an orbit 3 trillion miles away.
Two teams of scientists � one in England, one at University of Louisiana at Lafayette � independently report this conclusion based on the highly elliptical orbits of so-called �long-period comets� that originate from an icy cloud of debris far, far beyond Pluto. �We were driven to this by rejecting everything else we could think of,� says University of Louisiana physicist Daniel Whitmire.

Clump of Comets
A couple years ago, Whitmire, along fellow physicists John Matese and Patrick Whitman, noticed the farthest points of the comets� orbits didn�t appear random but bunched together, tracing a path across the sky. �We accidentally noticed they weren�t uniform,� Whitmire says. First, they tried to explain the clumping from the gravitational pull from a main disk of stars in the Milky Way stars. �That ultimately didn�t work,� Whitmire says. �We�ve gone through several other models trying to explain this.� At around the same time, John Murray, a planetary scientist at The Open University in Great Britain, made a similar observation in similar comet data. �I started puzzling what this might could be,� he says.
The most obvious but seemingly unlikely explanation would be a planet. �I thought we�d better rule that out,� he says. But as he analyzed the orbits, the farthest points appeared to fall on a circular orbital path � �which is exactly what you would expect if there was a planet out there.� As the planet � estimated to have a mass between one and 10 Jupiters � orbits, its gravitational wake disturbs the icy debris of the outer solar system, causing some of it to plunge toward the sun as comets, sort of like an elephant ambling through a china shop.
No one has yet directly observed a 10th planet, and there could still be another cause for the cluster of comets. The University of Louisiana research will be published in an upcoming issue of the journal Icarus. Murray�s paper will appear in Oct. 11 issue of the Monthly Notices of the Royal Astronomical Society.

Very Distant
What�s surprising is just how far out there this supposed planet is. Both Murray and the University of Louisiana physicists put the planet in an orbit about 3 trillion miles � or half a light-year � from the sun. The nearest star is four light-years away. To put this distance in perspective, consider a miniaturized version of the solar system in which Earth is one inch from the sun. On this scale, Pluto, the ninth planet would be a bit more than a yard from the sun. The new planet, by contrast, would be a half-mile distant. At that great distance, the 10th planet would be too dim to see by current telescopes, although there is some hope that if it exists, the next generation of space-based infrared telescopes might be able to pick it up. Murray hypothesizes the planet may have been wandering through the galaxy before being captured by the solar system�s gravity. Whitmire suggests it is a �brown dwarf,� or a failed star, a companion to the sun that was too small to light up. Although suggestive, the findings are not conclusive. While Murray and the Louisiana physicists agree how distant the new object is, they trace out very different orbits. Murray considers the orbits of 13 comets with the most accurately known orbits; the Louisiana team considers 82.

Too Early to Look for a Name
�It�s possibly suggestive,� comments Brian Marsden, associate director for planetary sciences at the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics in Cambridge, Mass. �I don�t want to bet on it. We�re certainly not going to name it.�Whitmire agrees it�s too early to say definitely there�s something out there.
�Until it�s found, you can never be overly confident,� he says. �We know in science you can be fooled by statistics.� But he adds, �If I was betting, it�s better than 50-50 odds that it�s there.� media.abcnews.com...

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Cool info Tiza that was about 5 years ago, wondering if they have any update?
Also just had a look at the space weather and there is a sunspot coming around but they dont know if it poses any threat they dont even have a number for it so it seems abit odd as i have never known them to not have a number for the spots..Strange. But it could be because i have only started to look at this more, very recently so this could happen all the time im not sure.

Im going to listen to Jim's live show now so il post anything relevant onto here...

Damn, the live audio is planned for 9 PM but in eastern standard time and iv just realised that its about 4 hours behind my time so il have to wait for awhile maybe other members will be listening?Tiza?

Look foward to listening to what he says!

[edit on 26-8-2004 by markjaxson]

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Found a nice article from the whitehouse saying that there is no scientific proof that they can link global warming with human activities, (this was in the 1950's mind) but the Bush administration said in a report that seems to contradict the White House position there was no clear scientific proof on the causes of global warming.

Have a look...

www.reuters.com...=scienceNews&storyID=6082098

Also if the latest views of the sun from SOHO then the unknown sunspot that should be earth facing within 24hrs looks very promising to be another huge sunspot so keep your eyes for any kind of news on this!

It's 1am now and im going to listen to J'Mccanney see what he has to say!

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by markjaxson
Found a nice article from the whitehouse saying that there is no scientific proof that they can link global warming with human activities, (this was in the 1950's mind) but the Bush administration said in a report that seems to contradict the White House position there was no clear scientific proof on the causes of global warming.

Have a look...

www.reuters.com...=scienceNews&storyID=6082098

Also if the latest views of the sun from SOHO then the unknown sunspot that should be earth facing within 24hrs looks very promising to be another huge sunspot so keep your eyes for any kind of news on this!

It's 1am now and im going to listen to J'Mccanney see what he has to say!

Hi, Mark:

I couldn't get the link to work. I'm so tired that I don't have good sense right now. I've been working all day on a rush job and it's 8:50 p.m. I have to stop to unwind. I won't have much time for anything until tomorrow afternoon later.

I saw something this morning about a sunspot coming around and didn't know how large it was. Maybe we'll be able to see it tomorrow, you think?

Take care,
Tiza

posted on Aug, 26 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Yeah if you check spaceweather.com out its got a pic of the normal sunspots but the one to the left of the sun has a ? instead of a number you cant actually see the sunspot but should have some info on it tomorrow, but if you look at the latest SOHO images you will see alot of activity coming out of the left of the sun so it looks promising!
Just finished listening to Jim Mccanney which started an hour later than i expected its now 3am and i dont have the ability to write anything he said as im so tired....so il post anything he said tommorrow and maybe he will have an update an his website so il check that out aswell.

I dont have alot of free time tomorrow so il just post a quick update.

Actually i remember Jim saying that theres a hurricane think its called francis or frank and its path might be towards north atlantic ocean and he said that if there is enough solar energy or something(cant remember!) it could get big and maybe dangerous..anyone know anything of this hurricane?

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Hi, Mark:

Yes, there is a bad hurricane out there in the North Atlantic. Its name is Frances, and it's already a Category 3. On the weather they showed its path may go towards Florida, but it's kind of soon to tell. They do expect it to pick up a lot more strength.

I checked SOHO earlier. Not many images up at that time. I know they'll probably have them tonight.

Tiza

posted on Aug, 27 2004 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Just a few thing's before the main article although there are really two main issues in this post il talk about Sunspot 649 first...

Sunspot 649

Ok this is wierd, 25th August Sunspot 649 (The gigantic sunspot from early august) is on the farside of the sun! And from looking at the holographic image it looks absolutely huge!! I mean huge!!
It's kinda strange that the same sunspot is coming back round and another big hurricane could be heading towards Florida aswell.
Just got to keep an eye out for this for the next week or so.

I found a nice little piece here from Jim Mccanney's site...

Equation: Sunspots = Solar Flares = Magnetic Shift = Shifting Ocean and Jet Stream Currents = Severe Weather

It was wrote by himself, kinda make's sense huh?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

O i found a golden article regarding global change i couldnt beleve it!
It's from NASA aswell!

NASA study finds increasing solar trend that can change climate

Since the late 1970s, the amount of solar radiation the sun emits, during times of quiet sunspot activity, has increased by nearly .05 percent per decade, according to a NASA funded study.

Make's sense...

Total Solar Irradiance (TSI) is the radiant energy received by the Earth from the sun, over all wavelengths, outside the atmosphere. TSI interaction with the Earth's atmosphere, oceans and landmasses is the biggest factor determining our climate. To put it into perspective, decreases in TSI of 0.2 percent occur during the weeklong passage of large sunspot groups across our side of the sun. These changes are relatively insignificant compared to the sun's total output of energy, yet equivalent to all the energy that mankind uses in a year. According to Willson, small variations, like the one found in this study, if sustained over many decades, could have significant climate effects.

Large sunspots have the highest effects on earth.

You see NASA has only started taking major interest since the year 2000 thats after the global warming caused by humans rant...look...

NASA's ACRIMSAT/ACRIM3 experiment began in 2000 and will extend the long-term solar observations into the future for at least a five-year minimum mission.

So in a year or maybe earlier NASA could very well have some sort of confirmation on the exact effects.

www.gsfc.nasa.gov...
www.hypography.com...

Edit Source Links.

[edit on 27-8-2004 by markjaxson]

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Whoa! That is big! I didnt realise it was this huge until now! We should watch out for this one if there is any wierd/freak/unusual weather anywhere in the world in the next week maybe in the next two weeks because the sunspot should be visible on the west side of the sun on the 31st Aug or 1st Sept which will then be slowly coming directly earth facing a few days later,so please post unusual weather in here.
Thanks.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Mark, according to this, Hurricane Frances is now a Cat. 4. html.nbc5i.com...

Do you know any other good tracking places to see Frances?

Thanks,
Tiza

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
That link didn't work right. Go here: www.nbc5i.com...

Then you can choose to track Frances.

Tiza

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Yeah i found this www.hurricanecity.com...
It's a good site with some information on current hurricanes like so....

FRANCES STRENGTHENS INTO THE SECOND CATEGORY FOUR HURRICANE OF
THE 2004 ATLANTIC SEASON...

A TROPICAL STORM WATCH MAY BE REQUIRED FOR PORTIONS OF THE NORTHERN
LEEWARD ISLANDS ON SUNDAY

135mph currently and it says somewhere that it could get stronger (maybe to cat 5) this should be one to look out for as it looks like its heading stright for the east coast (America) but it could just die out or change course so easily as seen with Charley.

Also a little weather update for the north of England, in my area its been very cold for a week or so (i mean COLD!) i remember at the beginning of august we had to sleep on top of our bed covers with the fans and windows open because it was so hot and this week iv had the windows shut slept under the sheets and getting out of bed is a nightmare in the morning when its cold! I hate that!
But today has been windy but warm

As for sunspot 649 its still at the other side and i just cannot wait till it comes back around! I mean its unusual for it to have lasted this long and the last time it was earth facing i think it released class-m rays just as it left earth facing and i think it unleashed high X-ray flares at the farside, so im wondering how long X-ray flares last and if when it comes back around to us it will still be releasing them or maybe it isnt but when its facing us it could start hitting us... i cant wait for this.

Did anyone not notice the unknown sunspot that was supposed to be there and now its come around there is nothing there? No sunspot at all just some white displacement.

Wonder if we can get any images of the far side of the sun and not just the one on spaceweather.com ?

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
>>Did anyone not notice the unknown sunspot that was supposed to be there and now its come around there is nothing there? No sunspot at all just some white displacement.

posted on Aug, 28 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Here is a good one that I just found. Hope it stays good.

www.quehubo.com...

Tiza

[edit on 28-8-2004 by Tiza]

posted on Aug, 30 2004 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Well, Mark, wherever you are, I don't know if you've looked at SOHO tonight, but that monster on the other side is on its way around and it looks downright mean!

Tiza

posted on Sep, 1 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Mark,
Are you okay? You haven't been on in a few days. Florida looks like it's fixing to get blasted. Yes, "fixing" is TX talk. I think that huge sunspot is coming around.

Have you looked at SOHO?

Tiza

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join