It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun watch 2004

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Before I talk about an article that I found below, y'all look at this picture. This is absolutely beautiful. It's from spaceweather.com.

spaceweather.com...

On the front page of spaceweather, it says that it's from somewhere in CA and it's a thunderhead or something. Isn't it beautiful?

Anyway, I found an article from the BBC news dated August 3rd, 1999. It's about solar flares. Here is the link below:

news.bbc.co.uk...

Now, notice that in this article about Solar Flare Alert, it says, "The last major X-class flare was observed on 28 November 1998."

Then think about July 2004. I may be wrong, but weren't there 5 or 7 major X-class flares in that month? And there's been a couple so far this month? Well, I don't remeber the count, but notice that they are getting more frequent now.

I think that's interesting.

Tiza

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   
That picture of the aurora is really good i saved it as my background

Your right Tiza there was one X-class flare erupted in like 3 months or so and they even said this is rare, in july there must have been at least 3 X-class flares and many CME's.

Has anyone wondered why the weathers like it is right now? Think about it there are currently no big sunspots or anything big being expelled from the sun towards earth, now think back to the end of July when there was huge sun spots...coincidence?

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Just thought this would be an interesting addition even the BBC says that these recent solar activities (highest in over 1000 years!) might be contributing to global watming.

But the most striking feature, he says, is that looking at the past 1,150 years the Sun has never been as active as it has been during the past 60 years.

Over the past few hundred years, there has been a steady increase in the numbers of sunspots, a trend that has accelerated in the past century, just at the time when the Earth has been getting warmer.

The data suggests that changing solar activity is influencing in some way the global climate causing the world to get warmer.

news.bbc.co.uk...

It was also posted on atsnn

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I beleive that the sun has a bigger effect than what we are doing to our planet so im not saying we havent contributed to this but i would say that its out of our hand's. I mean look at mars that planet might have been abundent in water and look at it now... i dont think if there was life on there they were using alot of aerosol cans which caused it to be what it is now.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by markjaxson
Just thought this would be an interesting addition even the BBC says that these recent solar activities (highest in over 1000 years!) might be contributing to global watming.

But the most striking feature, he says, is that looking at the past 1,150 years the Sun has never been as active as it has been during the past 60 years.

Over the past few hundred years, there has been a steady increase in the numbers of sunspots, a trend that has accelerated in the past century, just at the time when the Earth has been getting warmer.

The data suggests that changing solar activity is influencing in some way the global climate causing the world to get warmer.

news.bbc.co.uk...

It was also posted on atsnn

I beleive that the sun has a bigger effect than what we are doing to our planet so im not saying we havent contributed to this but i would say that its out of our hand's. I mean look at mars that planet might have been abundent in water and look at it now... i dont think if there was life on there they were using alot of aerosol cans which caused it to be what it is now.

Good find, Mark.

Listen, go check out these posts that Jumpspace started at: www.abovetopsecret.com...

He has some SWAN pics and there's some object that is getting brighter day by day. He was trying to check this out. Let me know what you think about it.

Tiza

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Tiza,

I actually read that forum before but didnt think anything of it as there is no answer as of yet i dont think.
I thought it was just an asteroid of some kind but they go on to say its getting brighter and brighter everyday does this mean its moving closer hence we can see it more clearly (which means its moving very fast if it is moving) or is it stationary and if its been getting brighter that would be interesting!

If you read some of the replies on that atsnn link there are some very nice comments on the earths climate and some people actually say that the sun is a major factor on global warming and even relates the suns activities to the weather!

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
There's no solar activity from the sun its very calm, although whats the weather like from everyone?
It's kinda strange where i am its very sunny but its absolutely freezing im sat inside with 3 layers of clothes on but its sunny.

I found this...

Sunspots

Magnetic fields within the sun slow down the radiation of heat in some areas, causing sunspots, which are cool areas and appear as dark patches. Sunspot activity peaks every 11 years. The next peak is due in 2000.

Its 2004 now and this year there has been many sunspots.

And there may be more to sunspots than disrupted communications. An active sun, known to heat the Earth's outer atmosphere, may also affect our climate. Scientists say a small ice age from 1645 to 1715 corresponded to a time of reduced solar activity, and current rises in temperatures might be related to increased solar activity.

www.space.com...

Currently the sun is not active at least for large sunspots and solar flares and it seems cold but its still very sunny, id be interested in the current weather anywhere else in the world if you can post it here.

Thanks.
Mark

Edit Source ref link

[edit on 21-8-2004 by markjaxson]

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Hi, Mark:

Well, on spaceweather.com it says that the sunspot numbers are rising again, but as of this time, there's no threat. Now, that sunspot #652 was the monster one of last month, July. It was the one that was larger than Jupiter, but when it passed around the farside of the sun, it dimenished in size. However, it's still large and can grow just like #649 did. It's the farside that may have extremely large sunspots right now.

Our weather is not cold. We had a mild cool front come through, and it stormed last night from around 1:30 a.m. I don't know how long it lasted. It must have lasted a while, though, because every time I woke up, it was raining and lightning.

Tiza

posted on Aug, 21 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
To Mark and all:

Did you give me this link? hesperia.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Anyway, it's an interesting link and gives easy-to-understand answers about solar flares.

Also, take a look at our weather radar. I'm going to show you the Southern Plains radar, which has a lot of Texas in it. It's coming our way soon.

www.nbc5i.com...

Tiza

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Hello Everyone,

I just found a brilliant find that will help us!

This is data from 1998-2003 with how many sunspots there were in that year.

• 1988- 100.2
  • 1989- 157.6
  • 1990- 142.6
  • 1991- 145.7
  • 1992- 94.3
  • 1993- 54.6
  • 1994- 29.9
  • 1995- 17.5
  • 1996- 8.6
  • 1997- 21.5
  • 1998- 64.3
  • 1999- 93.3
  • 2000- 119.6
  • 2001- 111.0
  • 2002- 104.0
  • 2003- 63.7

Excellent!
Now this could explain why it's so cold and severe weather...look at the patterns 2002 - 104 sunspots, 2003 drops down to 63.7 sunspots so i take it 2000 was the 11 year peak cycle and lasted till 2002.
As you have may guessed it's 2004 now so from looking at the paterns from 1992 to 1999...year 2004 should be another low sunspot year and until the next peak 11 year cycle its only going to get worse weather.
I dont know how many sunspots we have had this year and i dont know what they actually count as a sunspot..is it just a visible sunspot or a visible sun spot that releases above B-class solar flares?

Now i have more data like this that goes all the way back to the year 1700(It's the URL at the bottom of this post)

With this we can now have more theories/compare it with weather data etc.

At the moment Spaceweather.com is'nt reporting anything severe or above inactive at the moment, there is about four groups of 2 or more sunspots in each group facing us at this moment in time but they pose no threat as i speak.

The weather were i am is cloudy but warmer than that yesterday so im very thankful

What's the weather like everywere else?
Tiza that weather front sattelite link you gave me the thing you mention... is it the red formation on the right of Dallas? Is that were you live near?

Here's the website for the data i gave you before at the top of this post it's in .dat format, your webbrowser may be able to read it if not just download the file and change it to a .txt extention and it will open up in notepad or whatever you have for reading text files.

sidc.oma.be...

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Hi, Mark:

That's some good info that you got there about the sunspots. But keep in mind that it's not just the sunspots, it's also how severe they are. In Nov. 2003, there was an extremely severe sunspot that had an X-class flare that went off the chart. I think they finally classified it as an X20. www.nasa.gov...

But that is just one in many that were so bad. I think McCanney also has a picture of it if you can find it. He needs to definitely reorganize his Web site.

However, your find is extremely useful. I'm going to save it.

That storm never got to us, even though it was looking that way for a long time. A southeast wind started pushing it more eastward from us. I'm not in Dallas, about 40 miles south, actually, out in the country. I'm so thankful that we didn't have any more rain because we had plently in the early morning hours of Sat. overnight. I think some people did have a lot of rain from that. It just kind of sit on them for a while it seemed. Today we have cloud cover like we did yesterday.

Now, I'm also going to post this link to the place where Jumpspace was talking about an object. Check this out: www.hohmanntransfer.com...

Tiza

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Well, Mark, it rained here earlier and it's going to rain some more, the weather people say, for the next 3 or 4 days, skip a day and start again. Can you believe it?

Read this link when you get a chance. www.detailshere.com...

I wanted to tell you that I'm necessarily against NASA at all, although some people may know more about it than I do. I just wanted to throw that in. But the article is interesting.

Tiza

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Hey Tiza,

That's some bad luck with the weather, although the weather here is just calm there's no rain no wind and just very cloudy which is nice for a change!

Im just reading the link you gave me now so il post my opinion when iv read it.

Just out of curiousity have anyone watched a film called "The Core" ?
Basically its about (you've guessed it!) the earths core.
I dont know how much of it is based on fact's but in the film the earths core has stopped and as a consequence the earth's magnosphere/magnetic field of earth diminishes slowly but as time goes by different affects happen to the earth like... People witness auroras (like the ones on spaceweather.com) and some scenes show extreme weather storms whereas lightning strikes so powerful they can blow up buildings, there's even a sort of microwave storm, it shows some sort of sun ray which is so hot it just melts away thich metal within a matter of seconds.

It's just interesting how without our magnetic field this sort of weather could happen that's if the film is based on certain fact's.

Just thought id mention this film because there are some nice references to space weather and our own earth's atmosphere and different field's but explain's them nice and simple.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Just out of curiousity have anyone watched a film called "The Core" ?
Basically its about (you've guessed it!) the earths core.
I dont know how much of it is based on fact's but in the film the earths core has stopped and as a consequence the earth's magnosphere/magnetic field of earth diminishes slowly but as time goes by different affects happen to the earth like... People witness auroras (like the ones on spaceweather.com) and some scenes show extreme weather storms whereas lightning strikes so powerful they can blow up buildings, there's even a sort of microwave storm, it shows some sort of sun ray which is so hot it just melts away thich metal within a matter of seconds.

It's just interesting how without our magnetic field this sort of weather could happen that's if the film is based on certain fact's.

Just thought id mention this film because there are some nice references to space weather and our own earth's atmosphere and different field's but explain's them nice and simple.

Hi, Mark:

Yes, we saw The Core, but it's been quite a while since. From what I remember, it was a decent movie.

I think that I want to learn more about the solar capacitor stuff. I may see what I can find. Heck, I may even have to order one of McCanney's books.

Will get back with you later if I can get on and there's not a storm.

Tiza

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Just read that link you gave me Tiza.
Very strange does anyone think that NASA is covering up alot of stuff?
They did cease using that monitoring equipment that read certain data that the sun was giving out which was supposed to be revealing an increase in certain stuff (i forgot what it said)

Im going to read more on that website it's a good read and very good theory.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   
I have just updated my very first post's i think you should all check it out

I have done this because of the link Tiza gave me and i understand most of what it is saying so i have changed the reason for this thread accordingly.

If anyone has any good links they want on the first post then please post them up and i will add them.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Just read that link you gave me Tiza.
Very strange does anyone think that NASA is covering up alot of stuff?
They did cease using that monitoring equipment that read certain data that the sun was giving out which was supposed to be revealing an increase in certain stuff (i forgot what it said)

Im going to read more on that website it's a good read and very good theory.

Hi, Mark:

I just don't know about NASA. I don't really know one way or the other. I know that McCanney thinks so, although I've heard him say that they have very good scientists, which I do agree with. I think that McCanney disagrees with the higher-ups there and not the ones who work in the field like Robert Harrington did.

I have also found someone from Bad Astronomy who totally makes fun of McCanney's work, especially about the comets not being dirty snowballs. It's kind of funny, though, I found this very interesting link. Just recently NASA puts out a story (this summer, actually) saying that some comet surprised them because it wasn't a dirty snowball. I seem to think that the article was also on space.com.

www.holoscience.com...

Mark, I do like to read and study both sides of an issue before I make up my mind. I'm sure that you're like that too. But I just don't know enough about NASA hiding things to say that. Maybe some people know more about it than we do. I don't like to accuse anyone if I don't know just because someone said so.

Just like Americans landing on the moon. McCanney thinks that it was a hoax and so do many others. I was looking at both sides of the issue last night and I firmly believe that it's the truth. Especially when after all those journeys they brought back over 800-some-odd pounds of rocks from the moon that are 100 percent different from any earth rocks. Of course, they can't study the thing and say, Hey, that's from the moon! But they can study it and say, This rock is not from earth. And there's other things that prove that they landed on the moon, but it's too time consuming to go into.

Oh, I've still been trying to find out what that object is that Jumpspace was talking about. I've now got several e-mails in requesting info, but it's too soon to hear anything yet. Jumpspace hasn't come back and posted anything about it.

Tiza

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I dont know if NASA is doing any cover up or not and i wont be discussing if they are/did or not because it would be way too hard to prove.
I do like to hear/see different side's to this and i dont think i wrote anything one sided did i?
If i did i will delete it it was unintentional.

Im currently downloading JMC's latest radio show 19th of august, i didnt know he had the 19th of august up since his website is seriously disorganised (can't complain really got good info still)
So il listen to what he say's get some sleep as its 3:36 AM and im seriously sleep deprived! And i will post anything of interest up tomorrow sometime.
I have found alot of new information tonight and done alot of research which il also post tomorrow.

posted on Aug, 22 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Hi, Mark:

You wrote>> I do like to hear/see different side's to this and i dont think i wrote anything one sided did i?
If i did i will delete it it was unintentional.

posted on Aug, 23 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Mark,
I just found this. It's dated in 2003, but the pictures are well worth looking at. You may have already seen them.

www.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Tiza

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Hi, Mark:

Nothing much going on with the sun right now. It's rather quiet.

I found an interesting interview with Tom Van Flandern, I think that's how you spell it. www.planet-x.150m.com...

Notice what he says about Planet X. This is the guy who worked alongside Robert Harrington. The interview is kind of short, but it's interesting.

Tiza

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join