It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sun watch 2004

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Hey! What happened?????

It was working fine earlier. All it is/was was a picture of the green haze around the earth. In the picture to the left it looked like there was an alien looking head/profile

Then again, lack of sleep can play tricks on your eyes and too much of this forum can do the same.

I will try and recover the link so you can see what I am talking about.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Well, that bites!

I am having a lot of problems with my computer today too.

I will have to try again later. It was a valid link - promise. Just dunno why we are having problems bringing it up now. Also, it is coming accross my computer as a quick time?????

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Well the link works fine. I will say I think I am having the same problem. The first time I say the photo I did not see it. See previous post. After you said you have saw an alien's head I actuall saw it. I went to check the link and to see if I can find the head. Well the first thing I saw was the head. It is also a really cool picture of the earth.

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Godsent
Well, that bites!

I am having a lot of problems with my computer today too.

I will have to try again later. It was a valid link - promise. Just dunno why we are having problems bringing it up now. Also, it is coming accross my computer as a quick time?????

Hi,
I finally pulled it up. It's a beautiful picture. My husband says it's Antartica and the aurora--not looking to the left, though. I didn't notice an alien-looking face, no.

Tiza

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Did y'all even read Jim McCanney's Web site stuff that I told you about? You should at least look at his Aug. 16th weather summary. I know you probably know how to do this, but if you'll do a Ctrl-F, then type in "Weather Summary," you'll get to the spot you need to be in a few clicks.

Since I don't have DSL, I couldn't see the pic of the sun popping. But I'm sure a lot of y'all have DSL now. We don't have it yet where we live. I think they are going to put it in soon, though.

If you do see the sun-popping pic, let me know what it looks like, please. I truly want to know.

BTW, where is Mark? He's supposed to be posting on here. I guess he's falling down on the job.

Tiza

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Sorry i havent posted iv been researching alot of stuff and saving documents and pics to my hard disk so i can do a major update.

Tiza...

Thanks for your posts that jimcanney site is really good there is some extremely useful information on that page that is amazing wish i had time to listen to his lectures...actually il download one now and listen to it while i post because this could be a big post.
He has so much interesting articles that i want to read right now but i just cant go through all that in one night it would help if his site was designed better just a little organisation wouldnt go amiss.
Ahh well cant complain hes done some good work!
Interesting article on tesla aswell which uses the earths ionsphere for natural and pollution free way of creating electricity.

O just one more thing Tiza i cant find the picture you want someone to tell you about? Could you let me know where exactly it is on the page please? Ahhh HA! Found it its actually an mpeg movie so i will download it now....
I downloaded the clip and it doesnt work! its only 132kb though so good job it wasnt a larger file as i have 56k and would not be impressed.

And i have just listened to one of his lectures and was impressed also thinks that the solar wind can affect our climate so im going to have to learn how to read all the raw data from nasa and foaa etc so i can post the relation for our current weather patterns.

A little quote from his hurricane page...

Next look at the dead solar wind ... NASA and NOAA scientists would interpret this as a near dead sun ... inreality we are setting in a powerful vortex caused by the solar storms rushing out past us in one direction and the August return current sheet streaming in the other way as if two giant rivers were rushing into each other

Also look at this these are at the high end of M-class solar flares just verging on X-class...

www.jmccanneyscience.com...

Amazing how things come together

[Edit Could not link image]
[Edit Again Too many emoticons!]
[Thats better!]

[edit on 17-8-2004 by markjaxson]

[edit on 17-8-2004 by markjaxson]

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Hi, Mark:

So glad you're back. Yes, his info is extremely interesting, and he's not mainstream at all. When you listen to his theories, some of the stuff at various places like space.com, etc., sound rather goofy. Don't know any other way to put it. He makes sense on many things. BTW, I haven't listened to any of his lectures lately. I wish that he'd get his notes up and get caught up on those.

The only thing that I don't like is this, he is anti-government. I am not. I feel government anywhere is just the way it is because human nature is the way that it is and the ruler of this world is who he is. I also pray for government to do the right thing to give us benefits rather than hell to live with. It's the times we live in to be sure! But I feel that he wastes his precious time talking about that because decent science is what I want to hear.

I am already aware that many scientific Web sites make fun of him because Jim McCanney does have ancient texts that he talks about at times. I have studied many of these years ago in Bible study and didn't realize that anyone else had even seen them or was aware of them now. There are actually ancient writings from many cultures all over the world that talk about the earth tilting, and when this happens IT APPEARS at that time that the sun is rising from the west. It's just appearance, though. Then ancient writings about when Venus showed up, it was a comet at first.

But I see two different sets of people here: those who go to extremes and sound needless alarms and warnings, and those who are extreme the other way, meaning that they just make fun of everything thinking that nothing will happen. I read some posts from badastronomy.com of the extreme people who thinks nothing will happen at all. In my honest opinion, some of those people sounded like jerks. I basically think the truth is right down the center and right in between those two extremes. Am I making any sense here?

Anyway, will talk later.

Tiza

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Couldnt have said it better myself well done!

I didnt hear his anti-government rants but to be honest i dont actually agree with most of the stuff governments do (they do a good job at some things though) im not political or anything like that and i dont want to be theres just no right and wrong you can argue all you like until you die there just no need for it i dont like wars but im not anti-war id never be anti anything because in the end you just cant stop or change anything with people with higher powers than you. I just wouldnt waste my life like that..Thats my opinion anyway.

Id just like to mention the cornwall floods it was posted by someone in the atsnn news forum that was some freak weather its supposed to be summer time in UK and not so far from me we get flash floods like 2 months worth of rain in 1-2 hours!
Ineed to have a look at the spaceweather more see if it relates anyhow.

Im going to bed now its 3:30 am and im v.tired so thanks for the info Tiza and hope to see some posts if anyone knows of any wierd weather for this time of the year.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Hi,
I finally pulled it up. It's a beautiful picture. My husband says it's Antartica and the aurora--not looking to the left, though. I didn't notice an alien-looking face, no.

Tiza

See, maybe I need to stay away from the "alien" type of information for a while

Anyway, I thought it was really beautiful.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Godsent, hello.
What image are you referring to i can't find what you are talking about?
Is it an auroa image from space weather.com you mention or is it somewhere else? I would like to see it.
Thanks.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by markjaxson

Id just like to mention the cornwall floods it was posted by someone in the atsnn news forum that was some freak weather its supposed to be summer time in UK and not so far from me we get flash floods like 2 months worth of rain in 1-2 hours!
Ineed to have a look at the spaceweather more see if it relates anyhow.

Im going to bed now its 3:30 am and im v.tired so thanks for the info Tiza and hope to see some posts if anyone knows of any wierd weather for this time of the year.

Hi, Mark:

Yes, I was reading something yesterday or the day before about some horrible flooding in the UK. I didn't know where it was, though. But the flooding was so bad that people were losing their homes and autos. If I can find that writeup, then I'll post it here.

Also, and this sounds strange to me, in New Zealand there was a tornado and killed a couple of people or something. I didn't know that NZ had tornadoes.

But I'll find that writeup about the flooding in various parts of the UK. BTW, Thurs. and Fri. we are maybe due for some severe storms and heavy rains again.

Tiza

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
All this is a quote:

Dozens rescued from flash floods

People were left trapped in cars, homes and trees
A major rescue operation is continuing in north Cornwall, where flash floods have devastated a coastal village.
Heavy storms on Monday afternoon caused 6cm (2ins) of rain to fall in two hours in the Boscastle area.

Seven rescue helicopters were scrambled to winch people stranded on rooftops and in cars to safety.

Rescue workers described the situation as "horrendous" as buildings and cars were washed into the sea, and up to 1,000 people may have to be evacuated.

Michael Mulford, spokesman for RAF Kinloss which is co-ordinating the military rescue effort, said hundreds more people could need air-lifting from the flood-stricken area.

Buildings collapsed

"We have to consider the possibility we may have many hundreds, up to theoretically, 1,000 people who may need rescuing.

"This is the biggest combined incident we have had in many, many years. It is very seldom we have more than two helicopters at one scene. To get seven is remarkable."

Watch RAF footage

Three people were officially classified as missing on Monday evening were later accounted for, although police said it was still very difficult to establish if any more were unaccounted for.

Superintendent Jon Wotton said the operation being carried out by the emergency services would carry on all night.

Around six buildings had collapsed due to the force of the water, and over an estimated 50 cars had been swept away, he said.

In all, more than 60 people were evacuated from the village, and some had been airlifted to the Royal Cornwall Hospital in Truro to be treated for minor injuries and shock.

The area around Boscastle has been cordoned off and police have appealed for sightseers to stay away.

The force's emergency response plan has been put into action, co-ordinated from police headquarters in Exeter.

'Horrendous' situation

The police have urged people to remain calm and avoid the area. They are setting up an emergency number for people worried about friends and relatives.

Rescue workers described the situation at Boscastle as "horrendous" as buildings and cars were washed into the sea.

Deputy Prime Minister John Prescott is visiting the scene to offer his support to the emergency services.

The floods come exactly 52 years to the day after floods swept through Lynmouth, in Devon, killing 12 people.

BBC Spotlight Cornwall reporter David George said: "There is no electricity or power in the area. A number of properties have been completely washed away and, at one point, a 10-foot wave came down one street. "

This is the biggest combined incident we have had in many, many years

Michael Munford

On This Day:1952 Devon
In Pictures: Flooding in Cornwall
"Huge trees lying in the street are being washed into the river and three shops are completely gone, either under water or washed away. "

In places, so much water flowed down streets that roads came up and were broken. People abandoned cars on both sides of the road.

Nigel Doyle, landlord of The Darlington Inn in nearby Camelford, said sandbags were being put in place to protect properties from the swollen River Camel.

Vulnerable to elements

He said: "The emergency services are out and they are sandbagging certain houses because the river is going at full flow. There is a lot of flood water out on the streets.

"I couldn't see out the car earlier and we had to drive about 5mph to get through it. It is the heaviest rain I have ever been out in."

Margaret Hunter, owner of the Tintagel Arms Hotel, said the rain had been "exceptional".

She said: "It has been torrential. Really, really heavy rain and storms with water running down the village. I was amazed at the volume of rain."

The village is one of Cornwall's most picturesque and historic tourist spots, but its position deep in a steep valley may have left it vulnerable to the elements.

Boscastle stands in a deep coomb where two valleys meet, formed by the rivers Valency and Jordan. A third river, Paradise, also flows through the village.

Devon and Cornwall police have set up an emergency phoneline for anyone concerned about friends or relatives - 01392 451130.

Have you been affected by the floods? Tell us about your experience using the form below - or send any photos and comments to [email protected]

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Godsent, hello.
Is it an auroa image from space weather.com you mention or is it somewhere else? I would like to see it.
Thanks.

www.nasa.gov...

We were having problems opening it though earlier. I haven't yet tried today. This is the site where the picture was/is located, above.

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Godsent

Godsent, hello.
Thanks.

www.nasa.gov...

We were having problems opening it though earlier. I haven't yet tried today. This is the site where the picture was/is located, above.

Hi, Godsent:

Yes, it works just fine now. It's such a beautiful pic. I just love it and saved it.

Tiza

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
If anyone's gone to spaceweather.com today, they'll notice that Sunspot #649, that monster, finally exploded today into an X2-class flare. Here is what it says below:

X-FLARE: After two weeks threatening to explode, sunspot 649 finally did today at 1740 UT when it unleashed an X2-class solar flare. The explosion hurled a coronal mass ejection into space but not toward Earth.

At least it wasn't directed towards us.

Tiza

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Erm you mention the X-class solar flare exploding today...

X-FLARE: After two weeks threatening to explode, sunspot 649 finally did today at 1740 UT when it unleashed an X2-class solar flare. The explosion hurled a coronal mass ejection into space but not toward Earth.

Well i was watching tv and on all the BBC channels and ITV and there has been a landslide in Scotland see...

Rescue helicopters have airlifted 57 people who were trapped by a landslide at Lochearnhead in Central Scotland.

news.bbc.co.uk...

I doubt this landslide relates to the solar flare(jim mcanney says X-solar flares can still affect the earth even if it doesnt explode on the facing slide of earth)but thought id just put it here incase.

O just found this nice little article on how europe should prepare for global warming change in the next 50 years...

Europeans must learn how to live with a changing climate as well as seeking to limit its effects by cutting emissions, the European Environment Agency says.

news.bbc.co.uk...

Now this annoys me they tell us to cut emissions when they no full well theres no chance of us being able to do that (why should we do it when theres not a good alternative)and even if we could it would take a hell of a long time for it to happen!

Now we could look at the spaceweather activity say at least the last 5 years and compare it with older activity over 5 years old then we can see if there is more activity (Solar Flares/CMES/Solar Wind)from the sun now than the past and then we may have a relatively good research here.

Anyone else noticed any freak/unusual weather today anywhere?

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Hi, Mark:

Do you live near Scotland? I just read that article. Oh, I've only been to London for a 22-hour layover from Egypt. From what I saw, I sure did love it. The people that I spoke to seem so laid back from what I'm used to. Then when we were leaving, flying over many areas was absolutely beautiful countryside. I'll never forget it.

Yes, on the car exhausts and stuff like that, there would already be a new form of fuel used in a big way. This should have happened a long time ago. I know that the car industries could do it. I personally don't think that it causes too much, though, and that's my honest opinion. Volcanoes cause a much greater pollution than exhausts. There's some of those ready to just about erupt right now. There is one kicking it up in Alaska or has been kicking it up. Don't know if it still is.

I know that the sun is effecting us in a big way. We are supposed to have another cool front come in and severe storms and heavy rains, or so they say! In August, just as long as I can remember, it's usually in the 100s. But I think right now it's in the 80s, which is a huge difference. We only had one 100-degree day this summer. That is unreal for Texas.

Tiza

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Hi Tiza.

Yeah i live close to Scotland im just abit further south.(near Manchester)
Here weve just had on and off rain all day and thunder storms i even took some pics on my digital camera cause the clouds just looked so wierd il post them up tommorrow.

About the alternate fuel well we dont even need fuel i was watching Top Gear a couple of days ago and Vauxhall has built an electric powered car and it can go up to 115mph(the steering wheel can even move from the left side of the car to the right so be appropriate no matter what country you live in! Also it uses cameras which uses monitors on the inside of the car for the wing/rear view mirrors which is bloody cool i might add!), now this car is only o prototype but fully functional and it cost them �5 million to reasearch and develop it, they also said people could be driving them within the next 10-20 years! So like a say abit of help/money from the government who is telling us to reduce our emissions,can help alot! we have the technology why not use it

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
In response to freakish weather, large sections of the Midwest and Northeast of the United States have had an unusually cool summer. This was preceeded by early spring in many areas, and a wet one at that (at least in my area), and reports on some of the more 'unpopular' news sites of numerous contrails/chemtrails (more than usual). So yes, I have observed rather odd weather. It's August for Pete's sake! I don't even have the air conditioning on!

posted on Aug, 18 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by everlastingnoitall
In response to freakish weather, large sections of the Midwest and Northeast of the United States have had an unusually cool summer. This was preceeded by early spring in many areas, and a wet one at that (at least in my area), and reports on some of the more 'unpopular' news sites of numerous contrails/chemtrails (more than usual). So yes, I have observed rather odd weather. It's August for Pete's sake! I don't even have the air conditioning on!

Hi, Everlasting:

BTW, what is the deal with the chemtrails? I don't really know much about that. Isn't that just jets leave behind?

Thanks,
Tiza

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join